Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

right click to move camera

SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Hi guys i was wondering if there is any option on GW2 that let me stay in a state like i was always holding the right button, so i can move my mouse and the camera without using the right button.

thank you !

Comments

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Not that I know of, but I didnt look for this option really

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• bhimabhima Member Posts: 81

I looked and did not find it. This, along with allowing us to bind Shift+keys are the 2 things that are hampering GW2's combat for me (besides beta lag). I'm assuming at least shift-binding will be implemented before release, not sure about the camera option though, it would be sad if they didn't allow for a true free camera.

EDIT: Bah, reading comprehension FTL for me. I thought you meant that the camera would stay in whatever position you last left it after releasing the right mouse button, not that the camera would always move with your mouse regardless if you right click or not. Sorry, I don't want that DCUO style in this game... but I do want to be able to freely look behind me and leave the camera there without having to hold the right click.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by bhima

I looked and did not find it. This, along with allowing us to bind Shift+keys are the 2 things that are hampering GW2's combat for me (besides beta lag). I'm assuming at least shift-binding will be implemented before release, not sure about the camera option though, it would be sad if they didn't allow for a true free camera.

thank you all for the reply and i agree with u on thi Bhima these 2 things they could ''fix" until the launch 

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Originally posted by SoulOfRaziel

Hi guys i was wondering if there is any option on GW2 that let me stay in a state like i was always holding the right button, so i can move my mouse and the camera without using the right button.

thank you !

Just to make things clear OP.

but the game isnt a FPS/TPS like say Tera/MO. Just to make that clear.

you wont fire attacks off in the dirrection of the Camera, if thats what you are referring to.

In the beta weekend, many times I mislauched spells in wrong dirrections because my character (not camera) wasnt facing the dirrection of the needed cast.

Camera is separated from character. Not like a TPS (Starhawk controls).

So no need to aim camera from what I played.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

I posted a petition in the official beta forum for this, it will improve the combat a ton, an option for a camera like C9 or Tera will help for people that have all keys binded and dont use the pointer of the mouse that much.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863
    Mouselook toggle, key modifiers, /say, and chat bubbles are the most frequently requested things on the beta forums. They are most certainly aware of the request, but they have yet to comment on it.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• Originally posted by MMOExposed

Originally posted by SoulOfRaziel

thank you !

but the game isnt a FPS/TPS like say Tera/MO. Just to make that clear.

Just to make WHAT clear MMOExposed? We all know what you are here for.

Just a very straightforward question MMOExposed: WHO is paying you to chase away GW2 fans, or are you really that sick in your head? Get some help dude.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Personally i don't care if they add one, but i don't think i'll use it.

I'll rather keep my pointer ready at anytime so i can target a specific opponent during all those mass pve/pvp.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

Mouselook toggle, key modifiers, /say, and chat bubbles are the most frequently requested things on the beta forums. They are most certainly aware of the request, but they have yet to comment on it.

Well i think they confirmed that modifier will make it at release. For the toggle i have no idea, i think its not a very good idea tbh, but if people think it would be better for them why not. A toggle is pretty easy to code, so they'll probably include it.

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

The problem is that most classes have several ground-targeted abilities. If you had mouselook locked, you would not be able to aim those abilities.

Some mice have a click lock, where you can just click the button and it will provide constant input until you hit it again. This would be virtually the same as locked mouselook, because you wouldn't have to hold the button down. It would also have the benefit of allowing you to hit the button quickly (turn off click lock) if you needed to aim an ability.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by judex99

I posted a petition in the official beta forum for this, it will improve the combat a ton, an option for a camera like C9 or Tera will help for people that have all keys binded and dont use the pointer of the mouse that much.

thats why i would like it.... i have all keys binded i dont need to click on any spell cause i htink it will make me lose time in pvp wich might be deadly

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

I want it just for travel personally. When I played SWG, pre-cu, you'd press alt and it worked like that. Then I played WoW and it wasn't built in so I found a macro that did it, I was happy. I really hope they add it in GW2.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

this and more camera zoom out was i see more on oficial forum. 

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by Fozzik

The problem is that most classes have several ground-targeted abilities. If you had mouselook locked, you would not be able to aim those abilities.

Some mice have a click lock, where you can just click the button and it will provide constant input until you hit it again. This would be virtually the same as locked mouselook, because you wouldn't have to hold the button down. It would also have the benefit of allowing you to hit the button quickly (turn off click lock) if you needed to aim an ability.

Thats the idea, with one click you turn it on till you click it again for turn it off, most of FPS have it that way for zoom weapons, because there are people that just dont want to keep the button pressed all the time, something like "Bloq Caps" works to make it easy to understand.