Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

angry and sad

TimacekTimacek Member UncommonPosts: 182

Iam very sad and angry I have red today about the whole WOW and SWTOR shi* and I was totally angry. What the hell? 

Why its not making bethesda and not implementing all the iconic gameplay mechanics?! I dont get it sorry. Bethesda is a bad guy in this as much as Zenimax because they let them make that f*** sh**. I will tell everyone and my grandma to not buy this thing. image

Comments

• nateslonateslo Member UncommonPosts: 49

People are really freaking out about this whole Elder Scrolls Online thing. Chill out! There are worse things than a game coming out that you might not like. Besides, it was just anounced yesterday or the day before. Wait for some solid details before crying about the sky falling. 

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Bethesda said all along they didn’t want to make an mmo, so it shouldn’t surprise people that they farmed it out, that never works out.

As to it being too early, its not so much what the game may turn out to be, but what already know it without a doubt will NOT be.

An Elder Scrolls mmo.

Besides, have you read the leaked interview? It’s the most pathetic thing I have ever read. Defeatist and craven.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

I feel for your disappointment, but I really dislike how you are disrespecting a game that others will likely enjoy.  This snobbish behavior is really getting out of hand on this website and I really wish the moderators would do their job.

• RophezRophez Member Posts: 46

I'm rather excited for this title.  Lots of the info from the mag. article seemed very good.  Most especially a decent IP with plenty of budget that finally focuses on PVP endgame.  Not some tacked on garbage like in so many current MMO.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Rophez
    I'm rather excited for this title.  Lots of the info from the mag. article seemed very good.  Most especially a decent IP with plenty of budget that finally focuses on PVP endgame.  Not some tacked on garbage like in so many current MMO.

oh that made me laugh.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Rophez, please tell me you are trolling, please. (I admit its my fault, I can never tell).

Originally posted by Vorthanion

I feel for your disappointment, but I really dislike how you are disrespecting a game that others will likely enjoy.  This snobbish behavior is really getting out of hand on this website and I really wish the moderators would do their job.

This isn’t about whether other people will enjoy it; this is about the wasted potential and cop-out attitude of the dev in the interview.

If they made this the most pathetic, lazy WoW of all time, people (i.e. morons) would still buy it, (not that I think it’s that bad) should we not object to such behaviour out of “respect” for the audience it found at the cost of it's original fan base?

You can accuse people of snobbery all you like, but IPs are about something, and when you ignore, contradict, and violate the principles, or spirit of a body of work many people admire, it is our right to speak out.

Don't try to censor us, that is real snobbery.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by zevni78

This isn’t about whether other people will enjoy it; this is about the wasted potential and cop-out attitude of the dev in the interview.

If they made this the most pathetic, lazy WoW of all time, people (i.e. morons) would still buy it, (not that I think it’s that bad) should we not object to such behaviour out of “respect” for the audience it found at the cost of it's original fan base?

You can accuse people of snobbery all you like, but IPs are about something, and when you ignore, contradict, and violate the principles, or spirit of a body of work many people admire, it is your right to speak out.

Really...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

You can accuse people of snobbery all you like, but IPs are about something, and when you ignore, contradict, and violate the principles, or spirit of a body of work many people admire, it is our right to speak out.

Don't try to censor us, that is real snobbery.

That copout is your opinion.  Many gamers like this kind of game and to them, your attitude is beyond insulting as it not only insults the games and developers who make them, but the gamers who also enjoy them.

Originally posted by Slampig

You can accuse people of snobbery all you like, but IPs are about something, and when you ignore, contradict, and violate the principles, or spirit of a body of work many people admire, it is your right to speak out.

Really...

The "people" where hypothetical, and seriously, you don't think we have a culture of mindless consumerism? A certain percentage of the public buy games, see movies etc due to fads, brand names, peer pressure, pure hype. I have some guilty pleasures, but I try to have some standards, why not object to a total lack of them, or purchases done for all the wrong reasons?

I wasn't focusing on what any other players may for whatever reason like about this project but the IP and the devs themselves, it is others who try to defend it on the basis of personal taste. That's a side issue for me.

That copout is your opinion.  Many gamers like this kind of game and to them, your attitude is beyond insulting as it not only insults the games and developers who make them, but the gamers who also enjoy them.

Have you read the interview? When I see the line "too hard to implement in an MMO" referring to a common feature in mmos, I think cop-out.

I am sick of people defending low standards, if you have no problem with Devs still looking to WoW and not even trying to innovate that's your issue, as for the "many" who like this project, (most reactions are negative from the many sites I’ve been on) and the devs themselves, if I see a argument I think is sound I will acknowledge it, so far they are all either irrelevant to my point or very weak, my respect is earned not given out automatically. As to insulting the developers, I havn't even started yet. If they want to defend this project they are welcome to do so, I'd love to debate them on this.

If people like a bad idea, I am not stopping them, and you are not stopping me from pointing out that it is a bad idea.

One other point, I am not saying all the people in favour of this project are necessarily idiots, but I suspect most of the immediate positive reactions are just due to the idea of an Elder Scrolls mmo, and not based on the details we have. As to those who like the details, fine, they are not all bad in themselves, but it’s still a disappointing use of the IP, and a waste of potential. Clearly there are some TES fans who will buy anything with that name, or don’t care what direction any game with it takes. They don’t seem to grasp what has been lost hare.