Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online first screens leaked

MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

WTH is ths crappy cartoony nonsense is this ? God this is so disappointing. It is over before it even started I think...

Link: http://www.incgamers.com/News/31243/elder-scrolls-online-looks-very-mmo-ish-first-screens-leaked

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

Comments

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

i dont consider the graphics to be too bad. Its pretty much everything else.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Doesn't look bad to me, a little stylized but I don't see anything wrong with that. Characters are much better proportioned than in TOR IMO.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346

Cartoony??? dude i think u need glasses...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Are you guys serious ? This looks awful. It looks like TOR which is just as awful. I swear some of you guys will like anything as long as it is a mmo. Learn to have some respect for your favorite franchises for once.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Hmm... giant mushrooms? Are the going to have the Vvardenfell part of Tamriel?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Yeah, TES has made a certain style for itself over the years, which this game doesn't even remotely resemble.  It looks like polished shit.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Is it just me or does the what appears to be a Reguard (long haired black guy pointing) have enormous hands?  Reminds me of Wildstar with the over emphasis of gargantuon hands at least for the bunny..chicky... furry... whatever the long eared is called.

Also WTF... no Argonians?  Durmer and the kitty also look absent, not to mention the elves I never cared for.

• maskmurdamaskmurda Member UncommonPosts: 80

How was it leaked? And who did it spill on? I hope they didn't get that wet :(

I'm starting to think these are just more marketing ploys to get people interested in something.

Thanks captain obvious!

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Looks more like RIFT or TERA

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

TES online is going to suffer because of its similarities to Swtor.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

If they wanted to use a shitty engine, the should have tried to use funcoms dreamworld engine, atleast the game would have looked beautiful.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264

Was i the only who noticed the giant-lady-part-monster?...

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

Originally posted by toddze

If they wanted to use a shitty engine, the should have tried to use funcoms dreamworld engine, atleast the game would have looked beautiful.

Honestly I was suprised they didn't use gamebyros again.  It sucked for 5 games whats one more?

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Those are the pictures that were released with the Game Informer Magazine article.

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

The mountains in one of the pics look just like the impassable SWTOR mountains that are there to be seen but not climbed. I'm not happy with that.

I hope there are Argonians and Khajiit in this game, too. I hope all the races are available. 

I just feel like this is DAOC 2 (maybe) rather than TES.

Originally posted by koira1

Was i the only who noticed the giant-lady-part-monster?...

I thought the same thing, don't worry.

• newbonewbo Member Posts: 37

I knock a lot of things regarding TES Online, but the graphics are not one of them. Some of you need vision checks.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Its like watching Star Wars go from the gritty realism of the first 3 films to SW:TOR... all over again.

Originally posted by TROLL_HARD

The mountains in one of the pics look just like the impassable SWTOR mountains that are there to be seen but not climbed. I'm not happy with that.

I hope there are Argonians and Khajiit in this game, too. I hope all the races are available. 

I think I read somewhere that the khajiit would be in the game.  As for someone who mentioned the graphics being good, yeah, they are but they don't remind me of TES.  It seems like they just got the guy who did DAOC and said "we need a good IP to lash him to".  I don't know how it will work out for actual long time fans of TES when their priorities look the way they do.

• Just me, or does Bethesda make horrible character models?  The first mod i always add is a face / texture mod.  Personally I think (mainly hoping) this is all just a big marketing ploy since everything is from a "leaked source".  Its almost as if the articals that were written by the devs are poking fun at the modern MMO's. 

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

The moment I read about this game I was not very happy.

They got an EXCELLENT thing going on with the single player games, why ruin the name (both game and developer)  with an mmorpg. It could never live up to the standards of the single player games.

But this is even worse then I imagined, this has nothing to do with elder Scrolls.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Torn :( I don't think the graphics are bad. But for TES, it's a step backwards. I don't mind the style or the colors, I actually think those armors look nice, and the environments are lush without going overboard. My issue is anatomically, those models look like something from SWTOR; they have that same lanky clone-wars look. Is that like, all the Hero Engine is capable of creating? I don't understand why that would be a stylistic choice for Xenimax, and considering the other Hero Games have the same sort of models, I'm beginning to think it's an engine thing.

Really don't like that ; I think that's the source of the cartoony, for me. I'm not getting it from the palette choices or armor, just the anatomy. It'd be nice if they fixed that.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Originally posted by newbo

I knock a lot of things regarding TES Online, but the graphics are not one of them. Some of you need vision checks.

My vision is just fine. See if you can see the diffrence

This is ESO:

The Elder Scrolls Online

This is TES:

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by TROLL_HARD

I just feel like this is DAOC 2 (maybe) rather than TES.

Yes, both of those races are in, but in different factions.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Just read this is not made by Bethesda themselves. GOOD. Hope more "distance" between this and the single player games is created and this will be viewed as nothing more then a spin-off.

Leaving the Elders Scrolls and Bethesda name relatively intact.