Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New TSW Gameplay footage

rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

Some new gameplay footage from the Atlantic Park

Starts Here

Haha, I loved the bump cars and the roller coaster!

Comments

• PsycheiPsychei Member Posts: 148

Sweet vid thanks for the link, I aam pumped for this game!

• dimasokdimasok Member UncommonPosts: 183

I dont know what it is about the combat animations but it looks like shit. None of the GW2 combat fludidity. Everything ends abruptly and looks shoddy. Rest of the game looks great, but the combat.. is just meh

• ictownictown Member Posts: 123

watching from previous tsw videos and this one, i can see some of the difference and few of them borrowed from guild wars 2.

before i didn't see white circles, ui seems changed and similar to gw2 ui concept. the guy said you can swap builds now from tank to dps or healer, sounds similar to guild wars 2 weapon swap. 

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Its always had those features.

I just worry that the lack of in depth footage beyond Kingsmouth may mean that area is TSW's Tortage, and it will lack any deep content beyond that. 

• ictownictown Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by zevni78

I just worry that the lack of in depth footage beyond Kingsmouth may mean that area is TSW's Tortage, and it will lack any deep content beyond that. 

okay, i must of not noticed them, i didnt want tsw start copying stuff already. 

hope i get to try in the beta and have the same concerns as you

• kompleksakikompleksaki Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by ictown

watching from previous tsw videos and this one, i can see some of the difference and few of them borrowed from guild wars 2.

before i didn't see white circles, ui seems changed and similar to gw2 ui concept. the guy said you can swap builds now from tank to dps or healer, sounds similar to guild wars 2 weapon swap. 

Real?

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by ictown

First of all, the UI didn't change during the last year. Second, you don't swap builds like in GW2. There's no classes in TSW nor premade skilltrees to switch between... you've a pool of 500+ skills you need to buy/unlock first and then you can select seven active and seven passive skills to build your deck.

A little bit of investigation does wonders, so you don't look foolish making statement like you just did.... just sayin.

• Originally posted by ictown

Man ... WTF.

You cant be serious or ?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    You can have as many builds as you want its not like gw2 where your tied to a class
  • oblitrifyoblitrify Member Posts: 14

The toons still move funny. The way they twist their bodies when they move sideways just doesn't look natural.

• RightlovRightlov Member Posts: 72

Originally posted by zevni78

Don't worry mate, it's nothing like Age of Conan's Tortage.

In AoC Tortage felt like an entire different game than the rest of it - first of all it was more polished, but also had much more mainstor and most importantly, had voice-over all the way.

In The Secret World the mainstory missions are consistent throughout the entire game, and it got voice-over in all the areas. Actually Kingsmouth is one of my least favorite areas in TSW, and regarding polish, it's not really that more polished than the other areas.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

I love the environment that they've created, great detail, realistic and twisted, exactly what I had hoped for. However, the player models and casting animations leave a lot to be desired. And what is up with the way those models run? Legs pointed in one direction while torso faces forward? I hope these are being refined.

And is there some environmental collision detection? Those cars on the "octopus" ride are hitting mobs but seem to be passing right through them instead of knocking them back as one would expect.

Also, does anyone know if areas like this are instanced or open world? I haven't yet gotten a sense of this yet.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by Charlizzard

I love the environment that they've created, great detail, realistic and twisted, exactly what I had hoped for. However, the player models and casting animations leave a lot to be desired. And what is up with the way those models run? Legs pointed in one direction while torso faces forward? I hope these are being refined.

And is there some environmental collision detection? Those cars on the "octopus" ride are hitting mobs but seem to be passing right through them instead of knocking them back as one would expect.

Also, does anyone know if areas like this are instanced or open world? I haven't yet gotten a sense this yet.

this area is open, it is a part of the savage coast zone...

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Originally posted by rpgalon

Also, does anyone know if areas like this are instanced or open world? I haven't yet gotten a sense this yet.

OK thank you. Do you know how they scale content depending on the number of players in the area? I would assume there could be 2 people or 25 running around here then.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

I liked the video and i think tsw is creating something really fun when we talk about world and lore.

the only thing that kinda bothered me was the combat... from the video i really didnt like it compared to some others mmorpgs

but tsw for sure will be a big hit of 2012

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I love the theme, I like the idea for the skill system.. but I can't help but think it just looks pretty rough around the edges.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by rpgalon

OK thank you. Do you know how they scale content depending on the number of players in the area? I would assume there could be 2 people or 25 running around here then.

I know that you can "Spawn" more mobs with some mechanics like jumping on cars to spawn zombies.

I don't know what mechanic is implemented on the atlantic park, if any... but the park is pretty huge, I don't really see a problem with 50+ people in it... I mean, it's a park isn't it?