Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video - [MH] Mostly Harmless - Small group WvW from beta

SwiffleSwiffle Member Posts: 4

Thought I'd share some footage I recorded from beta weekend last week here.  Small group of us rolling around the Eternal Battlegrounds and different homelands featuring open field, keep fights, lord rooms, bridges, etc.  Video is broken up into 3 parts, 1 for each day of beta.  Tried to pick out the most interesting fights.  Can't wait for the next beta event!

Day 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH-Qgu7Y2PI

Day 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKFe2CKuH2E

Day 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vgcp0Cal7I

Enjoy!

[MH]Swiffle - I Have Uber Micro (Elementalist)

Comments

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Wow, that was amazing and freaking hilarious how your small group could easily wipe out an un-coordinated zerg. Will certainly be using these videos as an example, when people on the forums say that GW2's WvW is nothing but a zerg fest or raid vs door.

Keep up the good work. image

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

AoEWars2

But good pvp'ers.

• supbrosupbro Member Posts: 327

kinda worries me that alot of these PvP vids are of mass ele's running around Aoe'ing people. Reminds me of WAR with Bright Wizards, got old fast.

GW2 the future of MMO gaming

• n3verendRn3verendR Member UncommonPosts: 452

Were you rolling Goonsquad at the start of the first video lol?

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by DarkPony

AoEWars2

But good pvp'ers.

But then you can escape AoE spells...

Much harder to escape focus fire... 

I think the game finally allows more tactics in PvP then the  oh so succesfull assist train.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by supbro

kinda worries me that alot of these PvP vids are of mass ele's running around Aoe'ing people. Reminds me of WAR with Bright Wizards, got old fast.

Funny that you said that becuase their group only ever had 1 or 2 Elementalists. The rest were usually Warriors & Engineers. So really it depends on the people you play with and how you coordinate with each other. Though having at least 1 Staff-wielding Ele will always be beneficial in a WvW group. image

AoEWars2

But good pvp'ers.

Funny the different names people come up with this game. My fave is GateWars 2.

Really hated though Rienforced Gates. image

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

AoEWars2

But good pvp'ers.

I think the game finally allows more tactics in PvP then the  oh so succesfull assist train.

I don't see the "more tactics" bit in GW2 combat personally. At least not in the group combat department. Avoid standing still too much, spread out a bit, help eachother res now and then and focussing opponents down by calling targets seems to be the gist of performing well with your group, tactics wise.

I think the synergies between abilities (shooting arrows through walls of fire for fiery arrows, etc), are more of a cosmetical addition than truly adding an alternative for role based combat, where people assist eachother during the entire fight and not only with ressurections.

*snip*

I don't see the "more tactics" bit in GW2 combat personally. At least not in the group combat department. Avoid standing still too much, spread out a bit, help eachother res now and then and focussing opponents down by calling targets seems to be the gist of performing well with your group, tactics wise.

I think the synergies between abilities (shooting arrows through walls of fire for fiery arrows, etc), are more of a cosmetical addition than truly adding an alternative for role based combat, where people assist eachother during the entire fight and not only with ressurections.

That's because you're just looking at the combat at face value. The most important thing regarding group combat tactics in GW2 will be group composition. As in knowing what everyone in your 5-man group brings to the table and utilizing that to their advantage. Like ensuring someone has a group speed buff for quick travel, ensuring there's someone who can cleanse the debuffs & maybe someone who can drop some AOE heals every now and then.

Like here's a great example . You simply cannot say that their isn't group tactics in GW2. What else can they do without degenerating into the holy trinity? 

• WhiteCrossWhiteCross Member Posts: 120

Awesome WvW video.

Some of the best seen yet....nice job.

GW2 just looks freaking awesome!

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Originally posted by Master10K

*snip*

That's because you're just looking at the combat at face value. The most important thing regarding group combat tactics in GW2 will be group composition. As in knowing what everyone in your 5-man group brings to the table and utilizing that to their advantage. Like ensuring someone has a group speed buff for quick travel, ensuring there's someone who can cleanse the debuffs & maybe someone who can drop some AOE heals every now and then.

Like here's a great example . You simply cannot say that their isn't group tactics in GW2. What else can they do without degenerating into the holy trinity? 

Who was FC?

Originally posted by Saxx0n

*snip*

Who was FC?

FC image

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

used to play with you guys in Warhammer

nice to see you kicking the goons arses

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Originally posted by Saxx0n

*snip*

Who was FC?

FC image

EvE slang for fleet commander. [MH] is an EvE entity

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Swiffle
    Thought I'd share some footage I recorded from beta weekend last week here.  Small group of us rolling around the Eternal Battlegrounds and different homelands featuring open field, keep fights, lord rooms, bridges, etc.  Video is broken up into 3 parts, 1 for each day of beta.  Tried to pick out the most interesting fights.  Can't wait for the next beta event!
    Day 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH-Qgu7Y2PI
    Day 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKFe2CKuH2E
    Day 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vgcp0Cal7IEnjoy![MH]Swiffle - I Have Uber Micro (Elementalist)

Last video was very entertaining.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• SwiffleSwiffle Member Posts: 4

Sorry guys we aren't from EvE, that's a different group.  We originated in Dark Age of Camelot, and most of us played through Warhammer, Guild Wars 1, and a couple random things like Rift.  Glad you guys are enjoying!

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

Originally posted by supbro

AoE can only hit 5 people at one time, per ring. A good group knows not to stack rings and distribute the AoE damage properly.

• raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326

Thanks for posting the videos.  The color coordination reminded me of a clan that also ran around all purple in an old game called Neocron.  I forget their name.

• jerkbeastjerkbeast Member UncommonPosts: 255

I was going to watch the vids, but that music made me close youtube instantly. I hate that kind of music.....not just dislike....hate. I really wanted to see the vids too. :(

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Originally posted by Swiffle

Sorry guys we aren't from EvE, that's a different group.  We originated in Dark Age of Camelot, and most of us played through Warhammer, Guild Wars 1, and a couple random things like Rift.  Glad you guys are enjoying!

Was so funny to see you pop up just when the door was breaking, did you spy/scout on the guys or was it pure opportunity? From the choice chat it seam as pure opportunity, but then again it happened quiet a few time so i need to ask. ;p

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

AoEWars2

But good pvp'ers.

You'd be surprised how quickly you can stack conditions on foes when you lay down a chaos storm and they fire through it. It's a thing of purply, sparkly butterfly-laden death.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• SwiffleSwiffle Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Requiamer

Was so funny to see you pop up just when the door was breaking, did you spy/scout on the guys or was it pure opportunity? From the choice chat it seam as pure opportunity, but then again it happened quiet a few time so i need to ask. ;p

In general we keep an eye on orange swords on the map, followed by camps/towers/keeps changing color on the map, followed by randoms telling us what they are up to in local chat, followed by just roaming around where we think we can find/intercept people.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I don't see the "more tactics" bit in GW2 combat personally. At least not in the group combat department. Avoid standing still too much, spread out a bit, help each other res now and then and focussing opponents down by calling targets seems to be the gist of performing well with your group, tactics wise.

Well that's one more at least ;)

• Grimrist000Grimrist000 Member Posts: 82

good to see MH is still rolling. always loved watching your GvG games in GW1. ;)

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517

TL;DR... too many tactics to be doing all at once.

Bring back GW1 & instant skill recharges!!!