Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You all know that you can buy gems with gold?

TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

You can actually get everything from the cash shop with in-game gold.  Fact

Fact. You can buy Gems with in-game gold. 

How hard is this to understand? 

-I am here to perform logic

Comments

• SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222

GW2's cash shop is sooo pre-ESO's announcement

• catplaycatplay Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by Theonenoni

Cant wait to sell noobs my gems! You know market will be controlled by a few peoples who put real money in it.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Another thread on this.  No you will find it difficult to monopolies the gems market, there will be a cap on prices to stop it going out of control, even though the players will create the economy.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Originally posted by catplay

Cant wait to sell noobs my gems! You know market will be controlled by a few peoples who put real money in it.

Catplay your not playing GW2 because according to all your other threads its a WoW clone and its rubbish.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Do you also realize that because of this, you can also buy gold with real money?  

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by biggarfoot

Another thread on this.  No you will find it difficult to monopolies the gems market, there will be a cap on prices to stop it going out of control, even though the players will create the economy.

the AH is shared between all servers.. it would be near impossible to monopolize the gem market or any item once the game goes live. You did see it with some items where people were attempting to buy all of it and set their own price but this was only the BWE. When the game goes live and people are actually all using the AH...

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by RebelScum99

Do you also realize that because of this, you can also buy gold with real money?  

the point is that neither make you "win" at GW2.. yes a small amount of gold vrs no gold there is an advatage but there isn't really from some gold to a lot of gold.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

and what you can get with gold that give you advantage over others?

becouse all the good gear is obtained from dungeons (cant trade them) or thru karma (cant trade them)

if you think you can get all the siege weapons and kill everyone you are mistaken here :)

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Real Money -> Gems -> Gold -> ... -> Profit!!!

Gold will not have much meaning in GW2. There are other currancies available for gear as well. Materials will also be widely available, since nodes can be used by multiple people. So what do we really need gold for.

• Sp1dersbaneSp1dersbane Member Posts: 49

It's not hard to understand at all if your able to add 1+1 and make 2.

What is truely hard to understand is why people feel the need to keep making threads on it. Although your post is hardly worthy of the title troll, it does give the real trolls a platform to launch their campaign of illogic, rumour and complete nonesense. Can we please not have this topic highlighted every single day for the (unbelievably obvious) trolls to poke sticks at to agro the fans.

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by WhiteCross

[mod  edit]

This is the internet, you cant hide.

Also the gems price is not determinied by the players but by the market.

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

[mod edit]

But by doing that, you'll be supporting anet and a game you consider inferior to the one you play? Why would you do that?

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

If you buy 1000 gems for 100$.

Then sell the 1000 gems for 50 gold.

Then you want to buy gems for your 50 gold. But you will not get 1000 gems for 50 gold you will get like 850/900.

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by AvatarBlade

Catplay your not playing GW2 because according to all your other threads its a WoW clone and its rubbish.

Agreed. 

Based upon catplay other thread, he continue to prove himself to be a troll douchebag

LOL what? don't you have anything better to do that watching my posts? You want a cookie?

Don't worry, in GW2 you will work for me, i will keep the gems prices so high as many times will be possible!:)

But by doing that, you'll be supporting anet and a game you consider inferior to the one you play? Why would you do that?

To make you my slave:)

Hahaha, ok.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Agreed. 

Based upon catplay other thread, he continue to prove himself to be a troll douchebag

LOL what? don't you have anything better to do that watching my posts? You want a cookie?

Don't worry, in GW2 you will work for me, i will keep the gems prices so high as many times will be possible!:)

How?  I can buy gems directly with cash also.  The price of the gems bought with real cash does not change.   You also know that the gem market is worldwide also, right?  So you versus millions, hmmmmmmm.

So go ahead and support Anet.  Thanks for providing me quality entertainment for pretty much free. :D

BOOYAKA!

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

You can also sell actualy bars of gold in real life and then buy physical copies of the game. Fact!

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Agreed. 

From someone else, that might be an attractive proposition.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Originally posted by Connmacart

Gold will not have much meaning in GW2. There are other currancies available for gear as well. Materials will also be widely available, since nodes can be used by multiple people. So what do we really need gold for.

If gold won't have meaning, then no-one will sell their gems for gold. Arenanet has to create some meaning for gold, or else those who won't pay to play can't get access to any cash shop items.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

So they can whine thats why and prolly all who complain about this don't even play GW2 thats why they don't understand hehe

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Originally posted by Somsbal
    GW2's cash shop is sooo pre-ESO's announcement

hahaha
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Originally posted by Classicstar

So they can whine thats why and prolly all who complain about this don't even play GW2 thats why they don't understand hehe

Who can actually claim that they play GW2 at this point? Single beta event isn't enough see how to economy works long-term.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Only to MMOexposed and he don't know what he is talking about.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Yes...because having another post about this is exactly what was needed.

The logic some of you use...or lack there of

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Connmacart

Real Money -> Gems -> Gold -> ... -> Profit!!!

wow people defending gold sellers

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

From what I understand, you can't even set the price you sell gems for on the Gold<--->Gems exchange. The prices are set by an algorithm that reflects supply and demand. So, even if the fact that the Trading Post Markerplace is global, rather than server wide, doesn't disuade someone from trying to corner the market, this mechanism should. You may be able to buy small quantities when prices are low and sell small quantities when prices are high and game the market that way, but if you managed to buy up a ton of gems at once and increase the price, the price would only go back down if you tried to flood the market by selling those gems back.

So, you cant, say, buy 500X100 gems for 20 Silver/100 and then post them again for 30 silver/100 and make a guaranteed profit from each sale of gems at the higher price. Prices will adjust as you buy and as you sell, with out you having any control over what price they sell at, other than just trying to time your sales at periods of higher pricing and hope that demand keeps pace with supply until your cache has been sold.

In the example I give of buying 500 stacks of 100 gems, if the starting price was 20 silver/100, the price would go up with every stack you purchased until you reached the peak price with the last stack you purchased. If you immediately relist those gems for sale, the first stack sold would be at the price you have driven the exchange rate to, but every stack that sells would drive the price lower, until by the time you finally sold the last stack, the price could be as low, or lower, than the price you bought it at.

Now, if you were to identify a trend of prices being lower at certain times of the day or week and higher at other times, you might be able to buy small quantities when they are low and wait to unload slamm quantities when prices are high and make a profit, but a quick "corner then flood the market" manipulation strategy just won't work.

The system has it's own checks and balances in place to prevent manipulation.

This is all good for the casual player who only wants to occassionally exchange gold for gems, in order to buy a few account upgrades over time. If you are patient, watch the market and time your gem purchases, you can probably get yourself a good deal with purchases over a few days time. In the end, though, each player will have to evaluate the value of their time vs. the cost of just buying gems for cash. If I can get all the upgrades I want, over time, with just the excess gold I aquire, then paying cash makes no sense.

However, if I'm impatient or find myself having to farm gold specifically to be able to afford an upgrade I really want, then the number of hours needed to farm that gold would be weighed against the cost of just buying those gems for cash and the $$$ value I put on an hour's worth of my time. Of course, the more fun I have while farming gold and any other things I manage to accomplish for my character as a result of that effort also figure into the equation. If I actually have fun playing the game, while also being mindful of maximizing my rate of in game earnings, then I'm back to the $$$<--->Gem exchange not looking very attractive, no matter how many hours of play it will take me to be able to afford that character slot I want!

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated