Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what is so special about runescape that i get 5-20 emails a weeks that are phising

erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

First let me say I never played Runescape.   So when I get these emails I know they are phishing attempts.  I'm not stupid all one has to do is look at the headers to see they are coming from China and Korea. 

However I got to ask what is so special about Runescape?  Once in a while every month or so I see one for wow,  sometimes other games I play but there are some days I get 5 of these fake emails.

I got to say there must be something going on to have that many attempts to get into folks accounts. 

Comments

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

teh grind is epix.   A scammed account also allows you to unload to the entire community base, vs. some 10K people in normal server type games.

virtually no other reason.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• killkoolkillkool Member UncommonPosts: 83

Have same problem on this email adres, it is first i get from runescape also diablo III i get them from. And they all come from china. A delete them directly.

Besides i do not like runscape I, let stand runscape II

• robarorobaro Member Posts: 9

Almost everithing you have in your acc in runescape can be sold for runescape gold. Even the top gear of the game is tradeable.

The company do nothing to recover lost itens/money.

If you hack someone and sell all he have, the buyer is safe.

All that makes easy to profit from any acc you hack.

The game is not that special, it is just the profit from hacking a runescape acc is way bigger than hacking any other game acc.

Edit: Oh, and the risks are way lower. Jagex have the reputation of doing nothing against hackers.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

seems like too many players abused of bots / god sellers to make them self looking good at RS.
    may be question of age.
    I guess as popularity of this game kept getting down, gold sellers, scammer and what ever else, try to find new victim to hack his account.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2