Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THE BEST MMORPG EVER....... THAT I DESIGNED

Comments

• Method01Method01 VejleMember Posts: 128 Uncommon

will we be able to swim?

• UmirshandUmirshand lake jackson, TXMember Posts: 47 Uncommon

Originally posted by chelao

one of the biggest reason people dont know about other games isbecouse people dont know about them so I will start making baby steps and let people know who you are as a developer a good example is Elder Scrolls Skyrim nobody knew about them and now almost all RPG fans know about Elder Scrolls and always make sure you put everything you have into the game and dont hold back like example EA they started with Madden NFL and now everytime they release a new game of Madden NFL is only a small improvement and EA just eats the Money and is no Fun For Us The Players That Play Games. Make them play your game not by killing the competition like EA but by making it fun for player to afford to play your game and have fun with a real big community like Maple Free to Play MMO and always making the game fun not for money.

lol..thanks...needed a good "lol" this morning.

"Look at me when I'm hitting you!"

• mcoolmcool london, KYMember Posts: 122

yes you can, 

you can swim , drive cars, boats planes,tanks and trucks

• Method01Method01 VejleMember Posts: 128 Uncommon

Originally posted by mcool

yes you can, 

Can i sit in chairs?

loool noo

• dontadowdontadow Detroit, MIMember Posts: 994 Uncommon

Great idea, but not an RPG.  IF this was a single player game, it would be a GTA clone, and GTA is not an RPG. Thus, multiplayer its a massive multiplayer action game.  

I tink the hardest part would be making sure u didnt include anything that resembles Saints Row and GTA.  Big companies can be aholes about that kinda thing and everyones sue happy these days. 

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Huntsville, ALMember Posts: 1,365 Uncommon

Originally posted by Method01

yes you can, 

Can i sit in chairs?

i'm working on a "what we know so far" FAQ.  so far what i have in it is

Can i sit in chairs?

YES, but you aren't forced to.

FAQ UPDATE(5/6/12) Due to recent budget developments, sitting in chairs has been bumped to most likely being a "post-release" feature!

• DeolusDeolus DoncasterMember Posts: 392

Originally posted by Method01

yes you can, 

Can i sit in chairs?

All the above have chairs. [edit] apart from swimming ofc.

[edit2] Although swimming with the fishes might involve being strapped to a chair.

• Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon NO, CAMember Posts: 156

Originally posted by dontadow

Great idea, but not an RPG.  IF this was a single player game, it would be a GTA clone, and GTA is not an RPG. Thus, multiplayer its a massive multiplayer action game.  
    I tink the hardest part would be making sure u didnt include anything that resembles Saints Row and GTA.  Big companies can be aholes about that kinda thing and everyones sue happy these days. 

is just a idea you not stealing their IP like Tera Did and also the think with Tera I Think and preedict is that they did steal ther IP but is a downgraded version of the Original IP I think like a good a example is how you will compare Tera that is already Release To Guild Wars 2   I saw the videos on you tube of how tera Movement and Models are compare to Guild Wars 2 and Guild Wars 2 Looks it runs more like a river for me to descripe it then Tera Does. Players Models and The Thinks They Do is realy important Like In [Call  Of Duty From Infinity Ward]   vs [Call Of Duty World At War From Tryach] or Something like that.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Mesa, AZMember Posts: 1,090

I'm being trolled, right? Just wanted to make sure.  If so, this is awesome.  A few questions:

If we are short on health after a gangland shootout, can we regen it by eating a big plate of non-combat lasagna?  

Are there any npcs named Mugsy, Lucky, Lefty, or Baby Face?

Does leaving a severed horse's head in a rival's bed give them some kind of debuff?

Were you able to hire Joe Pesci as a voice actor?

At what level will I be able raid so I can get my epic +17 Fedora of Boar Strength?  

Will we have the option of a customizeable UI?  I prefer to have all my extortion, racketeering, and bribery skills on a separate action bar from my murder, prostitution, and dismemberment skills.  

Will the FBI be the final raid boss in this game?  

If an npc offers me a quest, does it give me the option to refuse the quest?  And if so, can that option be, "Fuhgetaboutit?"

loool ,how this be considered a gta clone even if it was single player, you can sell drugs , contract killing, robberies, scams etc.. gta is iso linear and are relying on their past success

judge it as a game and it is as boring as fuck, its a sandbox game with a story , thats it, multiplayer is just an add- on .

this is a mmorpg, defo..players have their own storylines, by the way you interact with others. its not that your just doing the same thigore and over, this isnt crimecraft..

• ThorkuneThorkune Eastern, KYMember Posts: 1,930 Uncommon

Originally posted by RebelScum99

I'm being trolled, right? Just wanted to make sure.  If so, this is awesome.  A few questions:
    If we are short on health after a gangland shootout, can we regen it by eating a big plate of non-combat lasagna?  
    Does leaving a severed horse's head in a rival's bed give them some kind of debuff?
    At what level will I be able raid so I can get my epic +17 Fedora of Boar Strength?  
    Will we have the option of a customizeable UI?  I prefer to have all my extortion, racketeering, and bribery skills on a separate action bar from my murder, prostitution, and dismemberment skills.  
    If an npc offers me a quest, does it give me the option to refuse the quest?  And if so, can that option be, "Fuhgetaboutit?"

You made my morning Sir!

your health will regen if hit, but you can carry health pcks if you need to regen quickly

there are corny names in the game, coming up with pver 300 names is difficult.. so there are names like black marsh. pokie. silver domino lool

i didnt understand the questions but there are raids in the game, there will difficult challenges when moving up the levels... 

THIS ISNT SPAM. i put this post up because i wanted to know if the game would be good for release.. 

ok is cool to talk to a developer =) nice to meet you

Originally posted by bigsmiff

You made my morning Sir!

hey btw bigsmiff =)    Charles Bronson Was First in line Chuck Norris Was Second =) and im not a trollI just wanted to say that to you bigsmiff since you have the Chuck Norris picture :)

• ThorkuneThorkune Eastern, KYMember Posts: 1,930 Uncommon

Originally posted by chelao

You made my morning Sir!

hey btw bigsmiff =)    Charles Bronson Was First in line Chuck Norris Was Second =) and im not a trollI just wanted to say that to you bigsmiff since you have the Chuck Norris picture :)

And don't forget Billy Jack. I have been saying that about Bronson for years, but no one listens. But, in bad dudes, Billy Jack would give them both all they wanted...just sayin'

• KorgborgKorgborg waldorf, MDMember Posts: 116

This ^^  image

Lmao!

If you cut it too short you can always nail a piece on the end.

If you cut it too long then what the hell are you gonna do?

Originally posted by Deolus

Vaporware!

Videos or it didn't happen :)

nope not yet. were still testing.. 

this isnt the first game i produced, i had another , but it went terribly wrong and we had a ton of fans asking for the game, it was embarassing when i told them i wasnt getting released . and i lost a lot of fans in the process

when the website is out , i will come t mmorpg first to tell you, till then ou haveto wait.. sorry..

Oh, sorry to hear that the other game didn't succeed.

Perhaps you could enlighten us about that game, a postmortem as it were?

What was the games name?

What genre?

How long did it take to produce up to the point you realized it was a fail?

What are some of the things that went wrong?

What was the backend like? Your cluster configuration etc?

How many fans did you think you had for the unsuccessful game up to the point you were forced to cancel it?

I know I'd be interested in hearing the perspective of someone (team?) that almost completed not one but 2 MMO's in, what time period did you say?

/wait

You can count yourself in good company however since from what I've read BioWare has almost finished an MMORPG too.

It's called SWTOR or something...

the name of my previous game was called battlereign, it was a war strategy game , but you could enter the battle you were commanding, the developer compltely messed up..

it was fps /war strategy mmo

it took me five months. they cancelled because members of the dev team were leaving..

the main issues were money issues, they couldnt continue because i had paid so little for the devlopement.. i tried my best to get a good deal but obviously it backfired.. it is still thier fault since we agreed on finishing the game but they gave me the 3d art modles and left.. chekc them out ,.. their company is called digital artflow

i dont reallu understand what you mean by cluster configuration, are you talking about the ho the server is set up

300 fans, without advertisment.. i made the game through unity ,so i adveritsed through the unity 3d forums

the game started august 2011.. and ended febuary..

You made my morning Sir!

Yes   lmao!

Re: +17 Fedora of Boar Strength  You will have to complete your 30/50 in this game and wait 5 weeks for the release of their next epic FMMORPG to get this piece of gear.

loool. once the game is near completion am gonna be spamming mmorpg.com for people to play the game,  have researched a lot and put a lot into this game..

players want dynamic missions, massive world and they want to feel immersed. many game companies cant produce that cause of the many problems it poses 

I think what SWTOR needs is a faction vs faction and eve type space combat and it will be perfect and when I meant faction Vs Faction is That if you Start as a Sith Or A Jedi Etc You Can switch to the other side and be good or evil  and join the republic or the Imperials and this is where they went bad and SWTOR players started leaving space combat is not good at all no Eve Type Of Space.

the name of my previous game was called battlereign, it was a war strategy game , but you could enter the battle you were commanding, the developer compltely messed up..
    it was fps /war strategy mmo
    it took me five months. they cancelled because members of the dev team were leaving..
    the main issues were money issues, they couldnt continue because i had paid so little for the devlopement.. i tried my best to get a good deal but obviously it backfired.. it is still thier fault since we agreed on finishing the game but they gave me the 3d art modles and left.. chekc them out ,.. their company is called digital artflow
    i dont reallu understand what you mean by cluster configuration, are you talking about the ho the server is set up
    300 fans, without advertisment.. i made the game through unity ,so i adveritsed through the unity 3d forums

the game started august 2011.. and ended febuary..

Oh, 300 fans...

Yeah I guess you wouldn't exactly need any kind of clustered server architecture for that. Did you use a single Raknet headless server? Smart Fox? PlayerIO?

With that many fans you'd probably be able to run your entire game in a single process on a $5.99/month VPS. 

Look forward to seeing your next masterpiece succeed.

/still_waiting

sadly we never reached that stage. we were going to use smartfox

it was free to play, you would buy items such as amour, weapon upgrades etc