Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 = another poor WoW clone

Comments

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

Originally posted by catplay

Originally posted by Meowhead

Asura = poor try to make something fun like WoW gnomes or goblins.

Actually, this is one part that I REALLY had to respond to.

Everybody should know that WoW ripped their gnomes off from the Guild Wars 2 lead writer.

True story.

I mean, it'd be sort of like if you had Tolkien writing for your video game and then somebody went and accused him of ripping orcs off of WoW.

This is not true.

The gnome models are from release(7 years ago), the new goblin models are from Cataclys(2 years ago)... both of them are super. Asura is just meh.. poor try to copy whats good.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/File:Gnome.JPG

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

To the OP: what are you afraid of?

• catplaycatplay Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by Banisco

Looks like some of you really are afraid, i just wonder if some of you are anet devs pumping their game on this forum... i know they like to post on various forums:)

• SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by stayBlind

I like potatoes.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

I dont even like GW2 and i know its not a WoW Clone. It just doesnt appeal to me.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

ha ha ha thread opener is so funny

best comic thread ever.

Trolls would be ashamed of the post

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

[mod edit]

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

comedy post for sure

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by kishe

It's funny how many people don't notice that obvious troll is obvious. 

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Originally posted by Somsbal

Originally posted by stayBlind

I like potatoes.

That is weirdly arousing.

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Dissapointed, was hoping for a better attempt that would give me some popcorn moments.

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by Banisco

Looks like some of you really are afraid, i just wonder if some of you are anet devs pumping their game on this forum... i know they like to post on various forums:)

Well the i should explain miself, your post was biased and uninformed and  stating your opinions as true facts.

Then people start to reply and all you do is talk nosense and uninformed shit like "WoW invented Gnomes" well WoW didnt invent gnomes because most of the fantasy stuff on games comes from Dungeons and Dragons or mythology, but of course you just ignore the replys that show how wrong you are.

So the only reason to make a post like that is that you are afraid of GW2 because if GW2 succes means that a lot of people will quit their current games to play it, and that means you will be alone (somehow) in WoW or other games.

So if you are alone who will see your tier 200 armor, or your shining pony of the apocalipse? all that time and money spent on a game... its sad.

So the point here is: Dont be afraid of GW2 no one forces you to play it, stay in WoW, you will be fine, stay with your armors, your Raids, your hand guided gameplay, stay there, and stay for long please.

• Ir1shguyIr1shguy Member UncommonPosts: 84

Don't worry no one will force you to leave WoW. We will all be quite happy for ye to stay there

• smd8802smd8802 Member Posts: 6

PVE

GW2 PVE:

- dynamic events

- 5 lifeless dungeons with no epic feeling or something to move you

WoW PVE:

- zillionds of quests with a nice story or cutscenes

- loads of epic dungeons

- loads of epic raids

- scenarios (coming in MoP)

PVP

GW2 PVP:

- WwWwW = lame zerg action worst that Warhammer

- 5 man pvp instance

WoW PVP:

- battlegrounds with clear objectives

- world pvp zones like WG or TB and who knows what comes in MoP with siege weapons

- arenas

- world pvp

So more:

Sylvari = poor copy of WoW elfs, really lame made

All GW2 chars are generic and lifeless. All WoW chars are full of personality and damn nice made animations and everything.

So before GW2 try to challenge WoW, they should first challenge TERA, Rift, Lotro who are actually much much better that what GW2 offers. In all terms.

Oh, yeah, GW2 have no monthly fee. Imagine if would have a monthly fee, how many of you would play it??? Think about it... And because of that, Arenanet knows if you try the game you may not like it, thats the reason of prepurchasing, thats the reason why they did not offer free trial for GW1 (only after a few years) and probable they will not offer for GW2.

And for peoples who start with "I never played WoW" my advice is that you should because, I never realized how good is WoW until i played some other games. Not playing WoW do not make your opinion stronger, its actually a sign of no experience.

Ok Here's mine:

PVE:

GW2: Graphics: Awesome

WOW: Graphics: Shitty

PVP: 

GW2: Graphics: Awesome

WOW: Graphics: Shitty

Ok I pick GW2. 

• catplaycatplay Member Posts: 71

so you play Gw2 for graphics only.. good to know

• smd8802smd8802 Member Posts: 6

so you play Gw2 for graphics only.. good to know

Wouldn't play WOW because of the graphics, no matter how good its dungeons are. 

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

Ooooh. I see what he did there.

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Oh noz, you do stuff in both games! must be a clone!!

but then WoW would be an EQ clone so GW2 be an everquest clone? OK!

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

This thread is new and going places.

Another poor thread trying to compare an MMO to WoW.

• mluo25mluo25 Member Posts: 22

PVE

GW2 PVE:

- dynamic events

WoW PVE:

- loads of epic dungeons

- loads of epic raids

PVP

GW2 PVP:

- 5 man pvp instance

WoW PVP:

- world pvp zones like WG or TB and who knows what comes in MoP with siege weapons

- arenas

- world pvp

So more:

All GW2 chars are generic and lifeless. All WoW chars are full of personality and damn nice made animations and everything.

So before GW2 try to challenge WoW, they should first challenge TERA, Rift, Lotro who are actually much much better that what GW2 offers. In all terms.

Oh, yeah, GW2 have no monthly fee. Imagine if would have a monthly fee, how many of you would play it??? Think about it... And because of that, Arenanet knows if you try the game you may not like it, thats the reason of prepurchasing, thats the reason why they did not offer free trial for GW1 (only after a few years) and probable they will not offer for GW2.

And for peoples who start with "I never played WoW" my advice is that you should because, I never realized how good is WoW until i played some other games. Not playing WoW do not make your opinion stronger, its actually a sign of no experience.

This bitch~ XD

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

Poor MMORPG.com mods thought they could take Saturday morning off.

• xXx87xXx87 Member Posts: 4

PVE

GW2 PVE:

- dynamic events

WoW PVE:

- loads of epic dungeons

- loads of epic raids

PVP

GW2 PVP:

- 5 man pvp instance

WoW PVP:

- arenas

- world pvp

So more:

Do you know Dungeons and dragons?The board game that have create the RPG word?Every rpg or mmo have copied/pasted by this.So, if you wanna troll, you are failed.

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Originally posted by mluo25

PVE

GW2 PVE:

- dynamic events

WoW PVE:

- loads of epic dungeons

- loads of epic raids

[mod edit] . I had more cutscenes in leveling to 20 GW2  than i ever did getting to level 80 in WoW. The dungeons also start out with a cutscene and there are several paths you can take when you explore them.. but the first time you play through a dungeon it's story mode with, well, a story, cutscenes and all.

Also, I fail to see any similarities here.. in your attempt to bash GW2 you did anything but make it seem like a clone..

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

ANet is not poor!!!!111

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
This discussion has been closed.