Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 = another poor WoW clone

catplaycatplay Member Posts: 71

PVE

GW2 PVE:

- dynamic events

- 5 lifeless dungeons with no epic feeling or something to move you

WoW PVE:

- zillionds of quests with a nice story or cutscenes

- loads of epic dungeons

- loads of epic raids

- scenarios (coming in MoP)

PVP

GW2 PVP:

- WwWwW = lame zerg action worst that Warhammer

- 5 man pvp instance

WoW PVP:

- battlegrounds with clear objectives

- world pvp zones like WG or TB and who knows what comes in MoP with siege weapons

- arenas

- world pvp

So more:

Sylvari = poor copy of WoW elfs, really lame made

Asura = poor try to make something fun like WoW gnomes or goblins.

All GW2 chars are generic and lifeless. All WoW chars are full of personality and damn nice made animations and everything.

So before GW2 try to challenge WoW, they should first challenge TERA, Rift, Lotro who are actually much much better that what GW2 offers. In all terms.

Oh, yeah, GW2 have no monthly fee. Imagine if would have a monthly fee, how many of you would play it??? Think about it... And because of that, Arenanet knows if you try the game you may not like it, thats the reason of prepurchasing, thats the reason why they did not offer free trial for GW1 (only after a few years) and probable they will not offer for GW2.

And for peoples who start with "I never played WoW" my advice is that you should because, I never realized how good is WoW until i played some other games. Not playing WoW do not make your opinion stronger, its actually a sign of no experience.

Comments

• lowziqianlowziqian Member Posts: 4

nice try at flamebait :)

give u 2 out of 10

goodluck in next attempt

i normally do not post, but i cant help but want to give u a "pat on the back" for your valiant effort

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

BTW you know saying Wow Elves, WoW Gnomes etc is slightly biased?

Elves, Gnomes, Giants, Wargs, Dragon et al all existed BEFORE Wow? they are staples races for any HIGH FANTASY settings. Even if they simply gave them other names?

Personally for me, after being burnt on so many 'substandard' MMO I am in no rush to get this game, especially with the 'Cash Shop' factored into it

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

I am sorry :)

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Originally posted by catplay

PVE

GW2 PVE:

- 5 lifeless dungeons with no epic feeling or something to move you

LOL

You lost me there.

How can you say that about dungeons you haven´t been able to try for yourself?

Not even a nice try at trolling you made..... ¬¬

• mrhyde1428mrhyde1428 Member Posts: 57

WOW...such fail.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Not sure if serious.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

o wait your serious... nice try champ

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

i'm currently playing Tera and since its a niche game i don't see this as being a competitor for any MMO. It will have its own fans like WAR did but I don't see this game breaking records anytime soon.

• SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Hahahahhahaahaaha! I'm sure OP just wanted to sound funny.

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287

And WoW is a crappy copy of Warhammer. 

Next

• Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156

hello everybody and sorry for my typing in advance   ok here we go

first off  I play guild wars for atleast 4 years I also play aion for about 2 and a half years so not im tired of the grind I want to have fun and btw I had more fun on guild wars 1 then aion becouse it was les grindy and on guild wars 1 I can create some sick builds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5htpQm6zRQ        

thats me playing guild wars a long time ago it was fun on those times specially the luxons vs kurzicks and about aion is so fucking grindy it does look good graphics wise but after the promise of aion vision and is barely coming out with houses and mounts etc I am giving up also on Aion Online  so what I did I bought Star Wars The Old Republic    [Collectors Edition]   and man people are complaining about that game and I was subscribe for 3 months and I quite paying for that game becouse ther basically no community to talk to on that game and also  I see on you tube  videos  google and SWTOR  forums that SWTOR sucks I cant believe I pay $120 dollers for that shit so right now I am looking for a new mmo and leave Aion Online been looking at some and Check Rift on beta and I did not like it becouse I think the gameplay the graphics and the interface is just not of my liking and the charector models suck with ther armor so I dont Like Rift next  will be Tera well at first I like it then I went to check some you tube videos and saw a girl running and I was like wtf  did the developers where pervpers? I can almost see her vegina wtf? so I gave Tera another shot and play the Beta Both Of them and I did Like the charector custamazation my cousin doughter told me to make a little puppy and name it [Chelao] and is a funny fun charector but when I started playing the game I was like wtf? no more button mashing and you can use a controller and I did not like it, I do like the graphics tho but hate the monsters the way they fight  basicaly you throwing rocks and yes I say rocks of fire arrows spells  the same way and me I love tanking and the tank on Tera has a shield and a lancer and im like WTF is with the lancer why  can use a sword? I will try Tera Again and subscripe for 1 month if I can and try it 1 more time with my [Razer Onza]  Xbox Live Controller Thats Compatible with PC's  http://www.razerzone.com/minisite/onza 

So guys pls help me choose a mmo that will be fun and enjoyable I am tired of grinding my brains out only to get beat by a fucking scrub that has no life I want to get beat by a skill player not a fucking no life sleep ass that has to much time on hes hands becouse I have a life and have a job.     Best For Me Is To Wait To Play Guild Wars 2  but is not out yet and im eager to play it becouse im bored of Aion grind to dead.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Maybe the OP just realized that the beta was last weekend and felt short changed?

Otherwise....well never mind. Doesn't matter and no one will give a great deal of credence to the post.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Dude what are you doing, don't you know that all the cool posters are trolling The Elder scrolls online now, the've passed Guild Wars 2 thats old hat, keep up if you want to be part of the, "In crowd" remmember Tera, Diablo 3, Guild wars 2 all been done, this week it's The Elder scrolls online, hope this helps.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Originally posted by chelao

hello everybody and sorry for my typing in advance   ok here we go

first off  I play guild wars for atleast 4 years I also play aion for about 2 and a half years so not im tired of the grind I want to have fun and btw I had more fun on guild wars 1 then aion becouse it was les grindy and on guild wars 1 I can create some sick builds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5htpQm6zRQ        

thats me playing guild wars a long time ago it was fun on those times specially the luxons vs kurzicks and about aion is so fucking grindy it does look good graphics wise but after the promise of aion vision and is barely coming out with houses and mounts etc I am giving up also on Aion Online  so what I did I bought Star Wars The Old Republic    [Collectors Edition]   and man people are complaining about that game and I was subscribe for 3 months and I quite paying for that game becouse ther basically no community to talk to on that game and also  I see on you tube  videos  google and SWTOR  forums that SWTOR sucks I cant believe I pay $120 dollers for that shit so right now I am looking for a new mmo and leave Aion Online been looking at some and Check Rift on beta and I did not like it becouse I think the gameplay the graphics and the interface is just not of my liking and the charector models suck with ther armor so I dont Like Rift next  will be Tera well at first I like it then I went to check some you tube videos and saw a girl running and I was like wtf  did the developers where pervpers? I can almost see her vegina wtf? so I gave Tera another shot and play the Beta Both Of them and I did Like the charector custamazation my cousin doughter told me to make a little puppy and name it [Chelao] and is a funny fun charector but when I started playing the game I was like wtf? no more button mashing and you can use a controller and I did not like it, I do like the graphics tho but hate the monsters the way they fight  basicaly you throwing rocks and yes I say rocks of fire arrows spells  the same way and me I love tanking and the tank on Tera has a shield and a lancer and im like WTF is with the lancer why  can use a sword? I will try Tera Again and subscripe for 1 month if I can and try it 1 more time with my [Razer Onza]  Xbox Live Controller Thats Compatible with PC's  http://www.razerzone.com/minisite/onza 

So guys pls help me choose a mmo that will be fun and enjoyable I am tired of grinding my brains out only to get beat by a fucking scrub that has no life I want to get beat by a skill player not a fucking no life sleep ass that has to much time on hes hands becouse I have a life and have a job.     Best For Me Is To Wait To Play Guild Wars 2  but is not out yet and im eager to play it becouse im bored of Aion grind to dead.

Ow...GW2 is buy 1 time and play with no sub. From the beta it is not grindy, is reasonably immersive and has a lot of potential for fun both in PvE and PvP. No one has all the answers but generally there is a good feeling toward the game.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Whatever man you guys maybe work for those games and want more players to flock to them and me im just being honost jk's

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

I'm pretty positive this is a satirical post

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

LOL!!

The funniest thing out of all of this is that he prefers TERA...

Add that to what he stated in his post and u get LMFAOROFLcopter XD.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

I dont like Tera lol I only play beta and I think it sucks

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

All mmo's are clones some worse then others you just named the BEST mmo CLONE of them all.

You must be realy bitter and mad that GW2 is going to beat all competition on the market in terms of cash for fun factor.

What i do not understand is, you can like wow and dislike GW2, nps m8 your own loss not ours.

Just dont say things like A is a clone of B and B is a clone of C, your making yourself look so stupid and ignorant :)

have fun playing MMO's, and pls dont bash something you dont like, there might be trolls lurking around.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

It's actually more of a CoD clone.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by lowziqian
    nice try at flamebait :)
    give u 2 out of 10
    goodluck in next attempt
    i normally do not post, but i cant help but want to give u a "pat on the back" for your valiant effort

Nothing further to say, you already nicely nailed it. Topic nothing more then flamebait.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

want to ask OP if  he is trying to claim something with a post history  where this is a part

catplay: "Is pretty fun how peoples say WoW community is horrible.. but the GW2 fanboys takes the award at horrible community of the year by far."

And that made you angry , and now you want that honour back to the WOW community ???

• spadge3k00spadge3k00 Member Posts: 56

lol fanboys...

This discussion has been closed.