Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera #1 in Amazon donwloads

Comments

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Hurrah!

• DimensionalDimensional Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by Kuppa

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/04/tera-hits-the-1-spot-for-amazon-downloads/

atta boy Tera....image

Not like that means anything... at all? Not trying to be callous but what awesome range of new games is avaliable on Amazon digital? Can you think of any major recent PC releases that are on there also? Really it's bit pointless.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

So who cares if there is no huge game out, still good for Tera, its a well made game and lots of fun.

I am personally quite happy it did not sell 2 million copies.  the players that bought it seem to be on the most part  quite happy with the product.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Originally posted by Dimensional

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/04/tera-hits-the-1-spot-for-amazon-downloads/

atta boy Tera....image

Not like that means anything... at all? Not trying to be callous but what awesome range of new games is avaliable on Amazon digital? Can you think of any major recent PC releases that are on there also? Really it's bit pointless.

YEAH IT'S A POINTLESS FAILURE.

Just Kidding.  No really though, it's a great little game that nobody exptected to blow the charts off like GW2 will when every WoW tween grabs that one off the shelf.  Just a good sign that Tera is holding it's own and carving a little piece of the pie for itself.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

well done tera..... i guess.....

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by loeslein

atta boy Tera....image

Just Kidding.  No really though, it's a great little game that nobody exptected to blow the charts off like GW2 will when every WoW tween grabs that one off the shelf.  Just a good sign that Tera is holding it's own and carving a little piece of the pie for itself.

I'm confused as to why people that play GW2 are "WoW tweens" and people that play TERA are not. If anything, I feel like the art in TERA is for hormonally charged tweens and little girls that like cute teddy bears.

Not that 30 year old men aren't going to be playing both. But certainly TERA and it's saturated pallette, flopping boobies and stuffed animal races does seem like it was meant for kids.

Originally posted by Entropy14

So who cares if there is no huge game out, still good for Tera, its a well made game and lots of fun.

I am personally quite happy it did not sell 2 million copies.  the players that bought it seem to be on the most part  quite happy with the product.

Me too, but pointing to a list where games are either old or obscure is not a reliable means to measure it's success. Also FYI Tera is now holds the fourth spot.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

atta boy Tera....image

As is this post!  Really, why exactly did you have to post it?  If you don't like Tera (which is apparent) then just move on.

Otherwise...congrats EM and Tera!

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Maybe I was wrong and Tera did come out a good time, right between other bigger games.  Good news for fans.  Enjoy!

Originally posted by Eliandal

atta boy Tera....image

As is this post!  Really, why exactly did you have to post it?  If you don't like Tera (which is apparent) then just move on.

Otherwise...congrats EM and Tera!

I'm sorry, where exactly is it apparent that I dislike Tera? Just injecting a little bit of reality into this discussion, again touting a game as succesful because it's on the top 10 list of a relatively obscure part of Amazon that I'm sure a lot of gamers are unaware of is quite frankly a bit silly.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    @Dilusional

Did you inform Massively that what they were reporting on something silly? Don't kill the messenger.

Injecting reality? More like angst. Lighten up :)

Just not worth my time anymore.

• OldsaltOldsalt Member Posts: 41

I saw that earlier today. They also had some awesome deals on some single player rpgs like last year's" Desus Ex: Human Revolution" for around seven dollars. Much cheaper than even Steam.

The sooner you fall behind the more time you have to catch up.

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

@Dilusional

Did you inform Massively that what they were reporting on something silly? Don't kill the messenger.

Injecting reality? More like angst. Lighten up :)

Is there any particular reason you spelt my name that way? Regardless, like most journalism Massively report on filler that usually means nothing but they have to add something so they don't draw the ire of the head editor, like most newspapers. Seriously though - this is a public forum, I am expressing my opinon.. there is no angst at all. If you want a place where everoyne just sings the praises of your game constantly then post in the official forums.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Originally posted by colddog04

atta boy Tera....image

I'm confused as to why people that play GW2 are "WoW tweens" and people that play TERA are not. If anything, I feel like the art in TERA is for hormonally charged tweens and little girls that like cute teddy bears.

Not that 30 year old men aren't going to be playing both. But certainly TERA and it's saturated pallette, flopping boobies and stuffed animal races does seem like it was meant for kids.

A big part of the 11 million subscribers to WoW are pretty dedicated to Blizzard.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the team behind Guild Wars is a break off group from Blizzard.  They don't really consider other games or games that have substantially different styles or gameplay to be relevent.

Also, how are people "playing" GW2?  I thought it only had beta weekends.  The game doesn't even have a release date.

Oh wait, you're trolling.  And I bit.  Hopefully this won't turn into another GW2 vs. TERA debate.

As for the OP, I'm happy about it.  TERA is a great game and after all the blatent and poorly made money-grabbing clone MMOs that have come out in the past couple years, every news of it selling well is good to me.  I want it to do well because that means more resources for them to continue making the game great for me.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    @Dimensional

Yes, you can post whatever your heart desires on these boards and if it's your opinion that the peramiters of the article "don't mean anything" them so be it. You have spent a lot of effort talking about something that "doesn't mean anything" so I'm getting mixed signals.

Just not worth my time anymore.

Originally posted by holdenhamlet

atta boy Tera....image

A big part of the 11 million subscribers to WoW are pretty dedicated to Blizzard.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the team behind Guild Wars is a break off group from Blizzard.  They don't really consider other games or games that have substantially different styles or gameplay to be relevent.

Also, how are people "playing" GW2?  I thought it only had beta weekends.  The game doesn't even have a release date.

Oh wait, you're trolling.  And I bit.  Hopefully this won't turn into another GW2 vs. TERA debate.

As for the OP, I'm happy about it.  TERA is a great game and after all the blatent and poorly made money-grabbing clone MMOs that have come out in the past couple years, every news of it selling well is good to me.  I want it to do well because that means more resources for them to continue making the game great for me.

Um, no I was serious. I don't understand how someone could see one as a kiddie game and one as an adult game. He said it, not me. I could see how both could be kiddie games.

It looks pretty obvious based on the color saturated, over sexualized, teddybear-like graphical style and linear questing content that "WoW tweens" (his words) would be more attracted to TERA than GW2.

Even if you look at the combat, it tends to be more action oriented which tends to draw a younger audience in general. Old people tend to prefer the systems they are accustomed to because they have gotten used to the systems over the years. If anything, GW2 combat is meant for a generation that tends to be older.

• BeenGamingBeenGaming Member Posts: 44

atta boy Tera....image

Not that I disagree with you that Tera is a very fun game so far, but you said "correct me if I'm wrong" and you are, but in sentiment only. The Arenanet guys are from Blizzard but they are not part of the highly touted Blizzard North group that are often referred to in the manner which you're using. These guys aren't cut from that same cloth. They just happened to be employed by Blizzard for a while.

• EunuchmakerEunuchmaker Member UncommonPosts: 204

Well, dang.  Excluding the mmo fanbois and haters on these forums, I didn't think anyone even knew about Tera.

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568

"Just Kidding.  No really though, it's a great little game that nobody exptected to blow the charts off like GW2 will when every WoW tween grabs that one off the shelf.  Just a good sign that Tera is holding it's own and carving a little piece of the pie for itself."

unless ncsoft just feels like completly ruining what korean mmos are suppose to be.or whoever the hell is making Tera,i doubt you will have to worry about the wow casuals ruining another potential good mmo

ive played korean mmos before i played american ones,and trust me.a wow player wouldnt last a day in a korean mmo

Originally posted by BeenGaming

atta boy Tera....image

Not that I disagree with you that Tera is a very fun game so far, but you said "correct me if I'm wrong" and you are, but in sentiment only. The Arenanet guys are from Blizzard but they are not part of the highly touted Blizzard North group that are often referred to in the manner which you're using. These guys aren't cut from that same cloth. They just happened to be employed by Blizzard for a while.

i wonder why everyone thinks gw2 is gonna be some great pvp game if the arenanet people are ex blizzard.cuz everyone knows blizzard is terrible at pvp in mmos.look at wow

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by CrunkJuice2

i wonder why everyone thinks gw2 is gonna be some great pvp game if the arenanet people are ex blizzard.cuz everyone knows blizzard is terrible at pvp in mmos.look at wow

Idk why anyone think a buttom mashing game woudl be great pvp game. From all I seen from the beta everything is so messy that even in a 5v5.... ONLY 5v5!!! and you are already just pressing tab and pressing all your skill asap. Wtf is going to happen in the over hyped WvWvW when you have over 100 people? can you even see anything at that point? could your screen even load?

"Wtf is going to happen in the over hyped WvWvW when you have over 100 people? can you even see anything at that point? could your screen even load?"

look at what happened when sw tor first came out.remember how they made ilum sound like this great thing? yeah,tell that to the servers that had 1 faction camping the respawn point of the other one just steamrolling them

my point is,ill watch and see if there WvWvW hype ends up delivering and not being another failure ilum again

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

@Dimensional

Yes, you can post whatever your heart desires on these boards and if it's your opinion that the peramiters of the article "don't mean anything" them so be it. You have spent a lot of effort talking about something that "doesn't mean anything" so I'm getting mixed signals.

How did you figure that out then? Because I do not consider posting a paragraph that took 30 seconds to type up to be much of an effort at all. I very much look forward to your response, this should be good.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

atta boy Tera....image

Whoa there big guy.  Before you run around saying those are "my words" and shitting all over the context why don't you re-read them.

"when every WoW tween grabs that one off the shelf".

I didn't say you, your brother, or your mom was a WoW tween.  I was just saying that millions of WoW tweens are going to drop that Warcraft franchise in a minute to grab a copy of GW2. 

In the process it's going to sell what.... 20x, 30x, 100x what Tera sells?

That's all I was saying duuuuuude.  I didn't say GW2 was meant for kids, but you said Tera was.  Asshole.

atta boy Tera....image

Whoa there big guy.  Before you run around saying those are "my words" and shitting all over the context why don't you re-read them.

"when every WoW tween grabs that one off the shelf".

I didn't say you, your brother, or your mom was a WoW tween.  I was just saying that millions of WoW tweens are going to drop that Warcraft franchise in a minute to grab a copy of GW2. 

In the process it's going to sell what.... 20x, 30x, 100x what Tera sells?

That's all I was saying duuuuuude.  I didn't say GW2 was meant for kids, but you said Tera was.  Asshole.

lol

I said that about TERA because it seems like it is. And it looks like I misunderstood you when you said, "like GW2 will when every WoW tween grabs that one off the shelf. "

It looks to me like you're saying that alot of people that play WoW are tweens and that those tweens are the ones going to pick up GW2. 

WoW is almost 8 years old now. I'll bet the average age is like 76 by now. So I really don't know where you're coming from anyway.