Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA Launch - Account Crash & Burn

PC_FerretPC_Ferret Member UncommonPosts: 49

Since its launch yesterday, TERA has been greatly disappointing, but not for content or gameplay reasons.

TERA's & Digital River's account handling SUCKS BADLY.

I purchased digital download through Gamestop about a week ago, installed and was enjoying myself during Head Start. But then, first thing yesterday I get a message from Digital River that my free trial has expired and they have billed me $14.99.

Wut happened to my 30 days of live play??

So I go off to check my account and discover that I am STILL considered to be a TRIAL ACCOUNT and my new expiration date is...May 3rd???

I put in a ticket yesterday, but except for a bland "we're looking into it" there has been no response.

I suggest holding off on purchasing TERA untl they straighten out their account management issues.

Comments

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Your anger.  It's two days behind.  Keep up with their official announcements and twitter.
  • PC_FerretPC_Ferret Member UncommonPosts: 49

I don't do Facebook or Twitter. I consider them idiotic and unreliable.

As of 5 minutes ago, they STILL owe me 1 month's time.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by PC_Ferret

Do you do official website?

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/update-on-account-issues

Update on Account Issues

May 1 has arrived and TERA has officially launched! While we're excited about this, we are aware that some players are encountering issues that are preventing them from starting their adventure in TERA. These issues include a "500 Server Error", an "expired" subscription error, and other issues regarding accounts. These are our top priorities and we have teams investigating the cause of each.

Please know that we are actively working to resolve them and will provide updates here on the TERA website as they happen. For quicker updates, feel free to visit us on our Twitter and Facebook pages.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

I saw that. And that's all I've seen since 1 May. And I'm still out $14.99 as far as I can tell.
  • SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

I have the same problem when u bought the game it was sopposed to have a 30 day ''trial'' not only the head start.

im still tring to solve it

• SephastusSephastus Member UncommonPosts: 455

Sorry you feel like you were robbed, but obviously they are going to work the issue out, and you will get the 30 days of your purchase. As for what I quoted above... you might concider them idiotic and unreliable, but notice who is the one without the information they needed?

I am not a fan at all of Facebook or Twitter, but I know a useful tool when I see one, and these 2 websites definately qualify as useful tools to stay informed.

Originally posted by Sephastus

Sorry you feel like you were robbed, but obviously they are going to work the issue out, and you will get the 30 days of your purchase. As for what I quoted above... you might concider them idiotic and unreliable, but notice who is the one without the information they needed?

I am not a fan at all of Facebook or Twitter, but I know a useful tool when I see one, and these 2 websites definately qualify as useful tools to stay informed.

I have received an email from En Masse that all erroneus charges are being REFUNDED over the next 2-10 days.

We will be billed again when the 30 free days expire.

And that settles it as far as I am concerned.

• lath456lath456 Member Posts: 92

I had a similar issue.

I purchased the game May 2nd at 4:30 pm.  By 4:30 am on May 3rd (a full 12 hours later) my account was "Expired".  I submitted a ticket at around 4 pm on May 3rd, and my account managed to subscribe itself about 24 hours after I originally purchased the game.

After about 36 hours of waiting for my ticket to be responded to, I was disappointed by copy/paste CS zombies.

I had asked about a dozen different questions and EME CS was intent on answering them ALL.

The only valid piece of information was this:

=====

30 Days of Free Game Time is applied to your Game Account upon your Game Time Subscription purchase!

=====

• jackie28jackie28 Member UncommonPosts: 108

Our team has had similar issues activating accounts on the US service.  We've been unable to select a subscription option, all CC and PayPal methods have been rejected.  EU accounts work just fine, so this looks like an En Masse fail to me.  I ultimately opened a support ticket, having first been disuaded and waiting due to their claim of having 4000 tickets in the queue and only 100 CS staff LOL.  Later they removed the 4K figure and just say "thousands".  I believe it.  These problems might ultimately be solved but the bottom line is they bungled their launch big time.

Originally posted by jackie28

...they bungled their launch big time.

And in the worst possible way. It's one thing if the game itself has a few warts that didn't get picked up in beta, but much MUCH worse if they screw up activations and billing. That really casts a pall over the game, and the company.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by Sephastus

I have received an email from En Masse that all erroneus charges are being REFUNDED over the next 2-10 days.

We will be billed again when the 30 free days expire.

And that settles it as far as I am concerned.

Same here. I took out a 6 month sub and they billed me already, but then I got the email.  All is good.

I had to wait till yesterday to play though.  My CE box just arrived.  Nice box and goodies inside.  I got a compass too.  It is pretty heavy.

The final bone of contention, the $14.99 charge by Digital River, has been refunded, which closes the case, as far as I am concerned.