Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont be too quick to judge

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960

Points to the title

We dont know nothing yet, except one article that might be totally misinformed and subjective.

What we know though. And always did know.

It will not be like TES nor it can be.

It will be a MMO with all its limitations.

And since its developed by western company , it would probably not be that advanced either ;)

Comments

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Points to the title

We dont know nothing yet, except one article that might be totally misinformed and subjective.

And since its developed by western company , it would probably not be that advanced either ;)

An MMO doesn't need to have limitations, it can be exactly like TES. Other games have done it even better than the TES Single player series has. Graphics are the least important thing, this company sounds imcompetent. The only saving grace is the chance that it could be like DAOC, I'd rather see that from a different game or a DAOC sequel, not the only franchise that would have given Sandbox some hope.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    I truly hope the article was a hoax by BS for buzz or someone playing a prank. The info inside wasn't just a TES title with online restrictions, it ignores everything that makes TES what it is.

A good game? Probably, but not one I'm excited about.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Points to the title

Every reply i gave was if its true then i won't play ESO and i always stick to my principles.

Im Elder Scroll fan sinds 1999 i won't play a ESO if its not true to formula of Elder Scroll solo serie.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ArteanArtean Member UncommonPosts: 215

This is exactly why there should not be any ES online.

When in doubt, troll.

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

Points to the title

Lol, what's that supposed to mean!?

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Originally posted by gigat

Points to the title

Lol, what's that supposed to mean!?

You may not judge, but you may stereotype :)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Even if you only go off screenshots, it doesn't look good by what's implied in them, nor do I care for the style they've gone with.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

What a highly offensive statement to make, implying that western companies cannot produce complex titles.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Originally posted by Kost

What a highly offensive statement to make, implying that western companies cannot produce complex titles.

When was the last complex MMO title made ? Correction , when was the last good MMO made that didn't follow the simpliistic WoW formula? Good meaning not milllions of subs ( I don't call that grounds for being good) but acutally fun, engaging, and long term rentention, unique features that didn't involve raiding and shoebox pvp?

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

I don't understand the whole "limitations" thing.

We can't have action oriented combat due to limitations?  Look at Planetside and Endless Ages for older games that have done this.  Nowadays we have loads of options in action oriented MMOs from games like TERA, Raiderz, Firefly, Planetside 2, Guild Wars 2 and TSW (to some extent), Darkfall, Mortal Online, I'm sure there are plenty more.

We can't have housing in the game?  There are too many games to list with housing in some form or another.  This is just a lousy excuse.  Heck, UO had housing in it.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Originally posted by Magnum2103

We can't have action oriented combat due to limitations?  Look at Planetside and Endless Ages for older games that have done this.  Nowadays we have loads of options in action oriented MMOs from games like TERA, Raiderz, Firefly, Planetside 2, Guild Wars 2 and TSW (to some extent), Darkfall, Mortal Online, I'm sure there are plenty more.

We can't have housing in the game?  There are too many games to list with housing in some form or another.  This is just a lousy excuse.  Heck, UO had housing in it.

It all simply reeks of Zenimax wanting to milk Bethesdas cash cow for quick profit...Bedhesda refused to do it so they had to form new studio full of gullible fools 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by LizardEgypt

The only saving grace is the chance that it could be like DAOC, I'd rather see that from a different game or a DAOC sequel, not the only franchise that would have given Sandbox some hope.

I got the impression from eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-the-elder-scrolls-online-preview-leaked-detailed

Matt Firor, who led development of Dark Age of Camelot - an MMO noted for its 'realm versus realm versus realm' open world player versus player combat. And the hallmarks of that game are here to see.

Gamers join one of three factions, each with three playable races.

They'll clash in Tamriel's central province of Cyrodiil, a PVP middle-ground, where keeps and forts and mines and farms will fought over by as many as 100vs100 (vs100?) people - siege weaponry included. The ultimate goal is taking the Imperial City and crowning your faction's emperor - an automated process determined by the person who tops a sort of contribution leaderboard. Being emperor bestows little more than bragging rights, apparently. That faction will then attempt to hold the Imperial City.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by Nadia

The only saving grace is the chance that it could be like DAOC, I'd rather see that from a different game or a DAOC sequel, not the only franchise that would have given Sandbox some hope.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-the-elder-scrolls-online-preview-leaked-detailed

Matt Firor, who led development of Dark Age of Camelot - an MMO noted for its 'realm versus realm versus realm' open world player versus player combat. And the hallmarks of that game are here to see.

They'll clash in Tamriel's central province of Cyrodiil, a PVP middle-ground, where keeps and forts and mines and farms will fought over by as many as 100vs100 (vs100?) people - siege weaponry included. The ultimate goal is taking the Imperial City and crowning your faction's emperor - an automated process determined by the person who tops a sort of contribution leaderboard. Being emperor bestows little more than bragging rights, apparently. That faction will then attempt to hold the Imperial City.

This literally could have been quoted from WAR, now i hope that ESO does it, but i have  high doubts.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

I'll tell you this:

From what I've read and seen, on first impression it's nothing like what I'd think a TES MMO would be...

On the other hand, if it gives me a a wide range of choices, a coherent, atmospheric, fully explorable open world with some non-combat content to boot, I won't care it's not "what I expect out of a TES game" and still play it. :)

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Originally posted by Magnum2103

GW2 and TSW dont have action combat, they have mmo tab combat + no reason why TES wont have that too, in fact it sounds a heck of a lot more like those 2 combat wise than it does wow / rift / swtor.

your right about darkfall and planetside though, havent played the others so don't know

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

I think it is another case of a game that could otherwise be decent is being assaulted because it's really not utilizing really any of the strengths of the IP.

LOL at all the comments on that article along the lines of "sounds like a rubish SWTOR type game, GW2 is the only mmo worth playing".  Did they read the fucking article?  It sounds JUST LIKE GW2

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Originally posted by ShakyMo

LOL at all the comments on that article along the lines of "sounds like a rubish SWTOR type game, GW2 is the only mmo worth playing".  Did they read the fucking article?  It sounds JUST LIKE GW2

No it sounds (and looks) like TOR, and TOR and GW2, while having a lot of the standard mmo stuff in common, are in actuality worlds apart.

So which of tor and gw2 have these

Open world
    No agro
    Limited skill set from a pool and combo / state orientated combat
    No quest hubs just wander off and find pvp
    An entire province dedicated to 3 way pvp

Because all those features are in TES
    As well as the return of open dungeons and world raids
    Wander and find pve I meant
  • AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Points to the title

Screenshots don't lie.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by firefly2003

Originally posted by Kost

When was the last complex MMO title made ? Correction , when was the last good MMO made that didn't follow the simpliistic WoW formula? Good meaning not milllions of subs ( I don't call that grounds for being good) but acutally fun, engaging, and long term rentention, unique features that didn't involve raiding and shoebox pvp?

WoW may be casual friendly, but it is not simplistic and you are very wrong to consider it so.  I'm really getting tired of hardcore purists like you denegrating anything that isn't a frakking sandbox / full loot PvP gank fest.  It's fine that you want a sandbox game, but it's not okay to keep putting down other play styles.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by ShakyMo

They're just pissed that of all the games that have recently released or will release in the next couple of years, TES is the only one not going for spaztic action combat.

• OldsaltOldsalt Member Posts: 41

imageWell, with a "Western" developer you are pretty much guaranteed pants on the characters. Though those are optional always I guess. And I doubt there would be many Chipmunks or kittys as playable characters. We Westerners have a lot of catching up to do.

The sooner you fall behind the more time you have to catch up.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Points to the title

Heh , that right there is enough to judge the game.  Would of been great 10 years ago back when WoW was still new , since The Elder Scrolls had ALOT of features that would of been great in a MMO. But again , it will just be another generic MMO that will look alot like every other MMO released , only difference it will have the name Elder Scroll slapped to it.  Honestly it's a bad idea , a waste of money , I'd stick on solo or at least some sort of multiplayer like Diablo 1 & 2 where you create your server and people join in to party and the more people that join the more and tougher the mobs get. That right there could be a big win.