Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Screen And Details On Elders Scrolls Online

firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

One picture may be worth a thousand words, but even that isn’t enough to convey the breadth of ZeniMax’s new MMO.

Yesterday you got a glimpse of Game Informer’s June cover story, Elder Scrolls Online. Today, we give you an exclusive first look at what the game will look like in action.

What’s going on here?

In this image, you can see a couple player characters battling some Storm Atronachs. Storm Atronach are a species of daedra (divine creatures that come from magical dimensions) that are constructed from stone and held together by magic. The most powerful of all the atronachs, Storm Atronach are immune to normal weapons and shock attacks, are resistant to poisons, and can reflect spells back at their caster.

Is that all?

Behind the battle is a series of daedric ruins. These great towers were built long ago by an ancient race of people, but they’re not the only landmarks players will discover throughout their journey. As players travel through Skyrim, Morrowind, Cyrodiil, and the rest of Tamriel they will encounter various dwarven ruins, ancient nordic tombs, decayed dwemer buildings, and many other ancient locales, some of which players may have discovered in previous Elder Scrolls games.

I still want more!

We know you do, but that’s all for today. If you missed it, Elder Scrolls Online’s first teaser trailer released earlier today, and check back next week for more exclusive Elder Scrolls content.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_online/b/pc/archive/2012/05/04/first-screen-and-details-surrounding-elders-scrolls-online.aspx

Comments

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

It looks so terrible ><

Having Darkfall flashbacks

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

I apologize if any of this has been seen or posted already, also I am a subscriber of GameInformer as well  once I  getr my new issue in the mail I will scan and post the article on TES here as well if the MMORPG.com staff  doesn' beat me to it :P

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Originally posted by star

It looks so terrible ><

Looks terrible, probably be a bad game yes, but Darkfall wasn't that bad....it had its redeeming features unlike TOR and probably this game willl considering making clones of a game that's been around for 8 yrs now for some reason thinks its going to bring them instant success when people are tired of that game to begin with and want something unique and different.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Originally posted by firefly2003

Originally posted by star

It looks so terrible ><

Looks terrible, probably be a bad game yes, but Darkfall wasn't that bad....it had its redeeming features unlike TOR and probably this game willl considering making clones of a game that's been around for 8 yrs now for some reason thinks its going to bring them instant success when people are tired of that game to begin with and want something unique and different.

I meant that the art style strongly reminds me of Darkfall. I know people keep tossing RIFT around, but for some reason all I can see when I look at the screens is Darkfall.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

What I want to know is what the hell if the fighter doing face expression wise... either he has some of the most humongous lips ever or he seems to be singing in combat.  Horrible expression.

As far as the whole ESO thing though... why the hell is Bethesda not on this project?  Never heard of this company and might do some rumaging around but I really question what is going on.  I just hope they continue with the ES series and not just "hey we have an MMO of it now... lets forget about the series and chash in on something else."

• KokushibyouKokushibyou Member UncommonPosts: 230

Originally posted by Ambros123

As far as the whole ESO thing though... why the hell is Bethesda not on this project?  Never heard of this company and might do some rumaging around but I really question what is going on. 

You might have wanted to rumage around before posting; Zenimax owns Bethesda.  It was actualy found by Christopher Weaver, who also founded Bethesda, as a holding company.  It was just a way for him to buy and create other companies, have them under one roof, and avoid some of the tax and regulation issues that having a single large company creates.

So, to anser your question "why the hell is Bethesda not on this project", well basicly they are, just under a different name.