Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO was going to be a bold and original MMO, but then it took an arrow to the knee :-(

13»

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by jiveturkey12

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Uhwop

Except the franchise very much does imply very specific gameplay characteristics.   

Ignorance won't help you to prove your point.

Franchise are rights over intellectual property, no more no less. Look at very much used Star Wars franchise, you have all sort of games based on it - arcade, FPS, racing, etc.

Except the game isnt going to sell well because its alienating its entire player base for one that doesnt exist. So in the end the company the ignorant one.

Again speak for yourself, that's all you represent.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Take a look around, he may not speak for you, but it's pretty clear that conceptually the game is not anything like what most fans want, because as described it's not even remotely like a TES game.  [Mod Edit]

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Originally posted by Distopia

Except the franchise very much does imply very specific gameplay characteristics.   

Franchise are rights over intellectual property, no more no less. Look at very much used Star Wars franchise, you have all sort of games based on it - arcade, FPS, racing, etc.

It's pointless, this whole debate is, those drawing conclusions are only doing so on one basis, "it's not the game I've dreamed of for years". They're stuck in the delusion of "because I've dreamed it, it can happen and would work."

So if the developers say "This is the game elder scrolls fans have wanted  for years"  and then no Elder Scrolls fans want it, that makes them right and us wrong?

Good thing its my money and not theres! It doesnt matter what you say because no ES fan is going to buy this crap, so if you want to go play ESO go ahead. But no ES fan will, and the ones that do are just doing so for some mmo quick fix or because they have an extra weekend. But i wont waste even a day on this game sorry.

Except the game isnt going to sell well because its alienating its entire player base for one that doesnt exist. So in the end the company the ignorant one.

"GRAnd majority of its playerbase"

And ive played way more Morrowind than you, I bet you dont even know where Vivec lives....

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Sounds like a traditional theme park which is disappointing considering that all of the Elder Scrolls games are far from that type of game.  For me personally until I see game in action I am reserving judgement.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Franchise are rights over intellectual property, no more no less. There is no implication how those rights are supposed to be used.

Look at much used Star Wars franchise, you have all sort of games based on it - arcade, FPS, racing, 3rd person, etc.

Sir, ES by the very studio that created, has a very specific vision of what kind of game ES is supposed to be.

They've been making them for almost 20 years, and they've actually stated what the product vision is.  

You can plug your ears and nah, nah, nah all you want, but reality is on my side here.

EVERYONE has an expectation about what they will get in an ES game for a reason.  It's not unreasonable.  It's expected giving the near 20 year history of the franchise. 

Originally posted by adam_nox

Take a look around, he may not speak for you, but it's pretty clear that conceptually the game is not anything like what most fans want, because as described it's not even remotely like a TES game.  [Mod Edit]

I've made no judgement on this game, it could suck for all I know, I'm not dense enough to make snap judgements based on a few pages of print and certain wording.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

This reminds me of DA:O vs. DA2. Lol!

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

"GRAnd majority of its playerbase"

And ive played way more Morrowind than you, I bet you dont even know where Vivec lives....

Really?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

ES doesn't sell millions of copies because of the stories, it's almost entirely based on the gameplay.

No, it is entirely based on fact that Skyrim was released on multiple platforms. PC sales are like 15% of overall sales with X360 in leads.

ES doesn't sell millions of copies because of the stories, it's almost entirely based on the gameplay.

No, it is entirely based on fact that Skyrim was released on multiple platforms. PC sales are like 15% of overall sales with X360 in leads.

So your defending the PC MMO version of the Elder Scrolls game that no one wants, and then saying the reason the otherES game sold well was because of it being on xbox?

That gives you MORE of a reason not to defend this terrible excuse for an ES game. Think about your own logic for a second man.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Sir, ES by the very studio that created, has a very specific vision of what kind of game ES is supposed to be.
    They've been making them for almost 20 years, and they've actually stated what the product vision is.  
    You can plug your ears and nah, nah, nah all you want, but reality is on my side here.

EVERYONE has an expectation about what they will get in an ES game for a reason.  It's not unreasonable.  It's expected giving the near 20 year history of the franchise. 

So did George Lucas and look how wide use of Star Wars franchise is.

TESO is not a sequel to TES single player games.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by Kost

It was never going to be "bold and original" which is exactly why Zenimax and Bethesda held off on the project for so long.

They cannot take a TES single player RPG and adapt it in it's entirety to fit the MMORPG genre. It simply isn't going to happen which is why so many fans of the series never wanted to see TES in MMORPG form to begin with.

THose fans could simply not play? This is the problem with fans. They think they're in control and it's up to them.

Perhaps you missed the part where they announed "an ES mmo that the fans have always wanted"?

How would a game that is completely opposite of what the fans of ES have come to know, what the fans of ES would want?

When it's your fans you're making a game for, and you need them to buy the game, it is very much the fans that are in control.  No one sells a product to people who don't want to buy the product.  You've got some very stange logic.

Stop speaking for fans please I'm a huge fan and you do not share my opinion what so ever.

You're doing the exact same thing as the user you quoted.

Those fans could simply not play? Is that honestly the best you could come up with? TES was never meant to be an MMO and, as you can clearly see, the game won't pan out the way many of you expected.

It's not even 48 hours since the announcement and look at the threads popping up already. Negativity, negativity and more negativity from people who wanted one thing but are going to get something quite different.

False expectations at an individual level are the real problem, and Zenimax and Bethesda have no control over that.

Originally posted by Kost

You're doing the exact same thing as the user you quoted.

Those fans could simply not play? Is that honestly the best you could come up with? TES was never meant to be an MMO and, as you can clearly see, the game won't pan out the way many of you expected.

It's not even 48 hours since the announcement and look at the threads popping up already. Negativity, negativity and more negativity from people who wanted one thing but are going to get something quite different.

False expectations at an individual level are the real problem, and Zenimax and Bethesda have no control over that.

I"m speaking for myself, wth are you talking about there? That's two completely opposite things.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

hero engine is bad m'kay

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please follow the RoC when posting. This thread is not on topic.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.