Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO was going to be a bold and original MMO, but then it took an arrow to the knee :-(

EvenhopeEvenhope Member UncommonPosts: 22
What's a shame. Might as well be called Everquest 3: The Elder Scrolls Saga.

Comments

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309

What a shame...you posted this without a shred of info about what you you are onto....

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472749

Go find the 20 page game informer article that got leaked. The above is the details.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Originally posted by nilden

Go find the 20 page game informer article that got leaked. The above is the details.

I did that...not seeing what you did I guess. You must know better though. Vast experiance and all

• EvenhopeEvenhope Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by Kinchyle

I did that...not seeing what you did I guess. You must know better though. Vast experiance and all

How much do you wanna bet that I can throw this football over them mountains?
  • maxiime223maxiime223 Member Posts: 94

TESO needs to be a sandbox and action MMO. Otherwise it will fail.

I hope that they drive off the generic mmo mold, I guess we'll wait and see.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

At least I'm trying to provide information and not being rude.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

TESO will be WoW 2.0 so its not arrow but a huge " MISSILE TO THE KNEE "

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• trillgodtrillgod Member Posts: 52

lmaooo coz we all know sand box are all successful..saw this from a mile away and im def gonna play this on day one..fu$# all the haters..go back to SWG..oh wait..ahahhaha suckers

Originally posted by Evenhope

Originally posted by Kinchyle

How much do you wanna bet that I can throw this football over that mountain?

$100 that you can on camera...$100k that you can't without a camera.

Same as the article. Bunch of words without ever seeing the game or playing it. Stick that in your jock

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

I don't know if it's true, but the title made me laugh.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Originally posted by maxiime223

TESO needs to be a sandbox and action MMO. Otherwise it will fail.

I hope that they drive off the generic mmo mold, I guess we'll wait and see.

Doomsayers strike early this time..way too early.

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

Originally posted by trillgod

lmaooo coz we all know sand box are all successful..saw this from a mile away and im def gonna play this on day one..fu$# all the haters..go back to SWG..oh wait..ahahhaha suckers

Translation:

I don't like sandbox games, I only play what's popular. If I can't see an active Twitch.tv stream with 4000+ viewers it's probably not the game for me. In fact, I might even preorder this, ooh. Maybe they'll give me beta access. Star Wars Galaxies was an unsucessful Sandbox game due to the fact that the developers tried to copy WoW with an update and killed the core playerbase, totally irrelevant to our conversation, I know. Anyway, I don't know much about MMORPGs and I can't spell very well either, later.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Unlight

What makes me laugh is people who get all up in arms about negative comments about gw2 getting their jollies from the same being done to another game that no one knows much about. Seeing that a lot the last two days.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Originally posted by LizardEgypt

Translation:

I don't like sandbox games, I only play what's popular. If I can't see an active Twitch.tv stream with 4000+ viewers it's probably not the game for me. In fact, I might even preorder this, ooh. Maybe they'll give me beta access. Star Wars Galaxies was an unsucessful Sandbox game due to the fact that the developers tried to copy WoW with an update and killed the core playerbase, totally irrelevant to our conversation, I know. Anyway, I don't know much about MMORPGs and I can't spell very well either, later.

Why are you translating him? he is not the one complaining that TESO isn't a sandbox. Even though childish i agree with what he is trying to say. Stop whinning, TESO is not a sandbox MMO..move on?

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

/shrug unless all "leaks" are false ESO is one big fail. they migh as well stop developing and save any money they still can. *sadface*

Originally posted by Distopia

What makes me laugh is people who get all up in arms about negative comments about gw2 getting their jollies from the same being done to another game that no one knows much about. Seeing that a lot the last two days.

If that's directed at me, be clear about it.

Have you been trashing the game?

• GrumpyMel2GrumpyMel2 Member Posts: 1,832

I just don't understand what the heck relation THIS game has to the Elder Scroll series besides the brand name and the skins?

From my perspective they might as well have just called it "Generic Fantasy Themed MMO with names that sound kinda familiar to you."

That's a waste of a well established IP....and frankly seems like a cheap attempt to cash in existing Brand Recognition.

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

Originally posted by Chrome1980

Originally posted by LizardEgypt

Translation:

Why are you translating him? he is not the one complaining that TESO isn't a sandbox. Even though childish i agree with what he is trying to say. Stop whinning, TESO is not a sandbox MMO..move on?

And yet you'll still pay them, and complain that the genre sucks a year down the road. 

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

what makes me laugh even more is when they call it a wow clone or the next swtor.  If thats the case then GW2 is a frikin wow clone too.

Things we know are in TESO that are also features of GW2

large scale 3 sided pvp - only TESO uses the whole of cyrodil for it out in the actual world with non of this anominity and 2 week rotation crap

no holy trinity

no agro mechanics

no quest hubs

skills that switch depending on weapeon equiped

free picking of other skills on your toolbar from a larger pool

active block in TESO, active dodge in GW2

Things TESO has on top of GW2

World raid bosses

Open non instanced dungeons

Hopefully TES crafting (or if not UO or DAOC crafting) instead of your typical wow crafting used by GW2

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Thing is I don't even think this is an issue of my game is better than yours like it is most of the time. As a TES fan I'm a little irritated that ESO seems to have gutted everything I liked about the games (IF any of the information is correct). I'm not bothered that it's not sandbox because as I have said many times in many threads, none of the ES games are sandbox.

• EvenhopeEvenhope Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by GrumpyMel2

I just don't understand what the heck relation THIS game has to the Elder Scroll series besides the brand name and the skins?
    From my perspective they might as well have just called it "Generic Fantasy Themed MMO with names that sound kinda familiar to you."
    That's a waste of a well established IP....and frankly seems like a cheap attempt to cash in existing Brand Recognition.

True that!!! 100x amen to that!!!

I was really hoping that Bethesda's admiration for Minecraft might have encouraged them to take a new look at how their sandbox franchise could become a bold new multiplayer game... Instead, they tell us they want make a new World of Warcraft game.

This sucks so hard!

Not to my knowledge.  However, you and I both know that here, what's perceived often isn't what was intended, so I didn't want to act on an assumption.  I don't relish the taste of foot in my mouth.  Happens enough as it is.

The TES world is it's lore, the single-player game-play in itself really doesn't translate into an MMO well, that much is obvious. We can't go kill key story characters in an MMO as one example. Having every item tied to a physics engine is another, this list could be quite long as to what would cause problems in a TES MMO.

Does barring some or even a lot of these freedoms mean TES could not make a good MMO? I don't think it does. Based on a withstanding IP doesn't mean they can't try something else, yet make a cohersive entry into the framework laid by it's SP brethren.

I'm far more worried about decent PVP options being available in the MMO space than I am whether TES is like it's SP counterparts. What do we have now to play? Not much, and one option down the road (GW2) doesn't make that better.

• GrumpyMel2GrumpyMel2 Member Posts: 1,832

The TES world is it's lore, the single-player game-play in itself really doesn't translate into an MMO well, that much is obvious. We can't go kill key story characters in an MMO as one example. Having every item tied to a physics engine is another, this list could be quite long as to what would cause problems in a TES MMO.

Does barring some or even a lot of these freedoms mean TES could not make a good MMO? I don't think it does. Based on a withstanding IP doesn't mean they can't try something else, yet make a cohersive entry into the framework laid by it's SP brethren.

I'm far more worried about decent PVP options being available in the MMO space than I am whether TES is like it's SP counterparts. What do we have now to play? Not much, and one option down the road (GW2) doesn't make that better.

Fans of the series expect that it would at least make some ATTEMPT to capture the Spirit/Feel of the series it's based on.... I'm sorry they didn't make DAOC2 for you....that would have probably been a better IP for what they have been describing here..... but you can't blame fans for being PO'd when they essentialy say...we're going to take all the hallmarks that made TES what they are, throw them out the window and slap a TES label on this game that's completely different.

Frankly, this game sounds to me like TOW with TES skins added in and RvRvR PvP.

This discussion has been closed.