Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Elder Scrolls Online: Teaser Site & Trailer

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Originally posted by gilgamesh42

Originally posted by Stellus

Third person view with hotbar/cooldown combat and a class system means this is DOA and certainly NOT a true Elder Scrolls MMO. What a complete waste of a perfectly good opportunity. Rename it something else so it doesn't tarnish the Elder Scrolls brand.

both those things have been in the elder scrolls since morrowind whioney dumwhine sauce

Nope, that style of gaming has not been part of the EScrolls world.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

Originally posted by dontadow

Originally posted by Ghabbo

Originally posted by Zhauric

Eh, read an article on it and quite honestly it sounds like every other MMO. Well cept the whole voting an emperor from the playerbase thing. Hope it fullfills the desires of some but I'm thinking I may have to pass. But who knows. Still seems some time off.

As for the one who asked release year it was said 2013.

Vote xxxDarthLordLegolas01xxx 2013 image

JK... awesome sandbox mechanic  image

Yay 99.9 perceont of people who play the game will never experience this mechanic. So lets waste millions of dollars in development for something that 200 people will only enjoy.  

No, everyone can experience this mechanic... as long as they fulfil their civic duties and vote. You see, the fact that I'm not the all-mighty world savior does not stop me from enjoying it. But to each his/her own, I can undersand this feature has no meaning if you aren't looking for a sandbox type of game.

By the way, I don't think this mechanic costs millons, voice-overs does... but as I said, people are entitled to their own tastes or opinions  image

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

Originally posted by DarkPony

*snipage*

You have my sword, xxxDarthLordLegolas01xxx!

May we avenge our fallen under your banner and carve out the destiny of future generations.

Hail xxxDarthLordLegolas01xxx!

(It doesnt't sound so bad if you really get into it imo).

Haha, love your post image

It goes to my signature.

• GrumpyMel2GrumpyMel2 Member Posts: 1,832

I could live with it if it supports the option of 1st or 3rd person view...but if it doesn't at least support the option of playing in 1st person, that would be an absolute deal-breaker for me... definately would move it into the "no buy" category as far as I'm concerned.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

The lore makes it Elder Scrolls. Thats about it, unfortunately.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Incoming world of scrollcraft it seems

Joined - July 2004

• ArteanArtean Member UncommonPosts: 215

There's no place for an Elder Scrolls MMO in the current cookie cutter regime of mmo designs. Given the pre information is anywhere close to correct, I would suggest a total boycott of this obvious scam.

When in doubt, troll.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by Artean

I would suggest a total boycott of this obvious scam.

Im in.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

tab targetting by itself is almost enough to consider this a horrible waste of a franchise.  Many players are clamoring for an open real time combat with no persistent targets, and elder scrolls has always done it that way, and now they will change it?  Just so it can be like every other MMO?  pathetic.

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Everything that one would expect an Elder Scrolls MMO to be, this is not. Such a dissapointment. I was expecting a well polished and content rich Mortal Online and they give us another cookie-cutter mmorpg that does little to innovate the genre. Why should players even be excited for this game?

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• erichtimkarerichtimkar Member Posts: 2

I was going to post some facetious trolling, mocking the haters for discounting this one before primary development begin. But, really, there's no more room to go over top.  That's space is already fully occupied.  

Guess I'll have to settle for some meta-trolling

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Wheres everyone getting this info about player emporers and classes from?

• scottnsscottns Member UncommonPosts: 231

You know what's really going to suck?  We'll probably never get another single player Elderscolls game now...Never.  At least they went out with a bang with Skyrim.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by DarkPony

*snipage*

You have my sword, xxxDarthLordLegolas01xxx!

May we avenge our fallen under your banner and carve out the destiny of future generations.

Hail xxxDarthLordLegolas01xxx!

(It doesnt't sound so bad if you really get into it imo).

Haha, love your post image

It goes to my signature.

*bows deeply*

I be 'onord

<3

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by scottns

You know what's really going to suck?  We'll probably never get another single player Elderscolls game now...Never.  At least they went out with a bang with Skyrim.

You realize how unlikely this is right?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• scottnsscottns Member UncommonPosts: 231

I hope I'm wrong believe me...

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by scottns

You realize how unlikely this is right?

Agreed.

But now let's all pray there never will be a Fallout mmo.

Even George Lucas is appalled by this themepark mmorpgisisation of cherished IP's.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Even this teaser is not realy good im affraid the article is closer to truth then i thought it would be.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    @ DannyGlover

Well said, the lore alone is what makes it an Elder scroll game... seeing as this is set before the events of the last 3 games in the series, first person isn't neededy.

What I like is them not claiming it the next evolution or innovation for mmo..
  • pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505
    They are going for a hubless quest system. NPCs will point you in the direction of certain quests but any quest can be gained while out adventuring. One example was clearing out a cave of vampires will give you a reward and open up a quest chain.

Their is no aggro mechanic and stamina and a block mechanic are important for survival.

Their are three PvP factions.

It is being developed by a different studio from the SP game and shouldn't affect the series in any way.
  • Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

So you posted a non-english trailer on an english speaking site not to mention that the wording is all in english.... wtf

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Rage on guys. Rage on.

Some of these mechanics sound really cool to me:

Hubless questing
    Open world dungeons
    3 faction open world PvP with politics
    Exploration being integral to questing
    Limited skill bar (Diablo or GW 2 style pick your skills)

I think I'll wait and see what the actual game is like instead of freaking the crap out from just the announcement.

This game has a seemingly lot of cool things going for it. How it all works out is anyone's guess. It's a bit early to call it a wow clone.

In fact, this games features remind me of GW 2 more than anythin, and you all love to prattle on about how GW 2 is changing the universe forever and is so unique and creative!

Honestly, TESO reminds me of GW 2 more than wow.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Reminds me of gw2 more than wow too.

Daocs pvp system
    No trinity or agro mechanics
    Limited skills from a pool, which are effected by weapon choice
    Just wander off and find stuff to do
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Wish they had gone classless and done something like tsws ability wheel though, that would be more tes in my opinion than hard classes.