Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I find Rift's events to be more fun than GW2's events, but I find GW2's quest to be more fun than Ri

Comments

• NavekNavek Member UncommonPosts: 71

Originally posted by judex99

Originally posted by MMOExposed

I find Rift's events to be more fun than GW2's events, but I find GW2's quest to be more fun than Rift's quest.

Over the weekend beta, did anybody else get that impression as well?

Trolling as usual I would guess, as most of his polls / posts are so poor as to be obvious trolls.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Rifts DEs are almost always the same thing over and over, they were fun about 2 hours.

• supbrosupbro Member Posts: 327

OP is a blatant troll and i received a warning for calling him a troll?

Somehow OP has 3k posts on this very forum, im surprised the admins allow this while send warning emails for calling him out.

GW2 the future of MMO gaming

• Originally posted by supbro

OP is a blatant troll and i received a warning for calling him a troll?

Somehow OP has 3k posts on this very forum, im surprised the admins allow this while send warning emails for calling him out.

Yeah the nasty thing is that for some people you can't make forum regulations because they will always abuse them. I think the problem is that you get status according to the amount of posts you make rather than on the quality of your posts.

Looking at the way that he consistently keeps bashing at this game, indirectly, makes me wonder why he would mess up his own life like that. Does he earn money with it? Is he some sort of social failure? Who knows.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Considering the GW2 events and the GW2 quests are basically the same thing, I have serious doubts about the OP's intentions, and I'm obviously not the only one.

Time to apply my signature once again.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

Lets just skip ahead to the part where someone makes the argument Rift is better and more enjoyable because of gear progression. How fighting bosses during scripted encouters makes the questing more fun. That is the devolvement that is meant to happen under this very  base topic.

The first question that will come to mind is what does a gear progression loot grind have to do with GW2, by saying that you just explained the two things OP wants to talk about. 

More pathetic troll bait. 

• cyranacyrana Member UncommonPosts: 197

What is sad is that Rift can do GW2 style DEs...they just don't. I asked at Gamescom 2009 and they can replace buildings and other parts of the environment and just do a lot more than they do today and it doesn't need to be limited to rifts. But for whatever reason they never went down that other path...

Ningen wa ningen da.
    ----
    http://twitter.com/Ciovala

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1JfSbKjHHI&feature=related

1min 30 in, Here a dynamic event that was shown at gamescon 2011 which is in a lvl 60 area, I Would take GW2 Dynamic event anyday over rift. 

Deleted posted muiltipal times

Deleted posted twice

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222

gee who would have guessed. mmoexposed started up a GW2 trolling thread.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Ok Rift events more fun.. man it gets so old so fast. And Gw2 is not even launched. But hey you like Rift great :)

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

I think it's time for an account change, as every thread he starts is instantly flooded with posts identifying him as a troll lol.  Maybe he's just in it for exactly this kind of attention?  I don't even care if this post contributes :p

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

Oh man the rifts, Ive used many words to describe these, fun has never been one.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568

i wasnt aware gw2 had actual quests

i thought those were replaced by the dynamic events they were talking about

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by Homitu

I think it's time for an account change, as every thread he starts is instantly flooded with posts identifying him as a troll lol.  Maybe he's just in it for exactly this kind of attention?  I don't even care if this post contributes :p

Actually, I always just assumed he earnestly believes everything he says, to the point where he states any random thought that comes across his mind as pure fact, regardless of whether or not he has any information to back it up.

It might make him sound like a troll, but so far as i can tell, he's just extremely opinionated and convinced he's smarter than everybody else.

He also feels a need to post as many topics as possible.  ... and simply through sheer NUMBERS, some of them are occasionally good fodder for discussion, even if not exactly in the vein he intended, because he covers every possible topic under the sun.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by Hauvarn

Oh man the rifts, Ive used many words to describe these, fun has never been one.

Make it the two of us

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

I did not have fun in the Rifts after maybe the first 5 i participated in.

The events in GW2 at least feel different from each other, while Rifts are all exactly the same.....they are really boring.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by CrunkJuice2

You're right, it's just easier to allow DEs (the renown heart ones at least) to be thought of as "quests" even though there's a difference. It gets tiring arguing semantics all the time, you know?

Oderint, dum metuant.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

The first time I closed a rift and it reopened right on top of me, I reallized they were nothing special.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568

Originally posted by Volkon

You're right, it's just easier to allow DEs (the renown heart ones at least) to be thought of as "quests" even though there's a difference. It gets tiring arguing semantics all the time, you know?

i wasnt arguing

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by Volkon

i wasnt arguing

My apologies, I wasn't meaning to imply you were. Just in general.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

This OP omg.. His threads are getting better and better lol

His trolling now is soft and undercover, i just have to see his name to know something like this is coming.. lol

Everyday he comes with 3 or 4 new threads trying to say GW2 isnt good at something.. I gotta admit the guy has a good imagination and is very persistent thou

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

To the OP...

Pass over that thing your smoking. It's GOT to be good stuff.

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

I still have an active Rift account and I completely disagree with the OP.

Rift events on emerald isle, the newest area with the best events, are zone wide and happen about once every few hours. The Rift events are zerged during prime time, don't scale, only fail during off hours and don't have a whole lot of variety despite having several different types of events. Either completing or failing a RIFT event has no real impact on the world.

GW2 on the other hand had several events going off in several different places throughout the map at all times. Most events scale to the number of players who are participating. When you fail the events the event doesn't just go away for a few hours... failing an event usually changes the local world in some way and starts a new event. Completing an event often opens up an area, NPC, spawn point or new content.

Rift events feel like a side show. There's no lasting change to the game world. No lasting impact when you win or lose, just rewards for participation. Everyone teleports to the zone when they happen and then go back to what they were doing when they end.

GW2 events felt like you were taking part in world changing events that had both cause and effect. You didn't travel to a zone to participate in a GW2 event for a token reward. You participated in GW2 events because they would naturally happen around you as you played. Failing an event would cause the world to change in a completely different manner than succeeding to complete an event.

You really need to play GW2 to understand why so many people have fallen in love with a game that hasn't been finished, yet. Commenting on what you saw in beta videos just isn't the same as experiencing it.