Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you are canceling your pre-orders?

Comments

• Force_FireForce_Fire Member Posts: 145

TBH, I never PRE-Ordered. I never really saw anything about this game that made me want to run out and buy it. I'm sure the game will do fine. I just have no interest in playing.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by Atlan99

Originally posted by Scripture1

Another pointless thread.

That you were kind enough to bump.

Yep, a pointless post for a pointless thread, I try to be liberal when ever possible.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Originally posted by Fozzik

I'm considering pre-purchasing like nine more copies to give to friends and family. It's that good.

Glad to hear that Fozz. I been wondering what your impressions were since you sounded like you were not liking the direction the game was going after the CS info started coming out. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Perspective is an amazing thing, isn't it? From my perspective, I was smart enough to pre-purchase the collector's edition for GW2 the day it became available. As such, I'm officially in the door for easily the best and most unique MMO I've personally ever played (it is a short list, however).

Oh well, everyone's different. The only thing I can't fully fathom... why go to other forums and initiate bashing of the preferred game there? Defending against blatant fallacies, that I can see. But initiating those fallacies... maybe people are just bored waiting for GW2, I don't know.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

Originally posted by FlawSGI

I'm considering pre-purchasing like nine more copies to give to friends and family. It's that good.

Glad to hear that Fozz. I been wondering what your impressions were since you sounded like you were not liking the direction the game was going after the CS info started coming out. 

I was definitely put off by the info on the CS shop and the gold for RL money exchange. After a lot of consideration in the context of GW2, I think they are staying well on the right side of the line and it's going to be okay.

Now that I've tried the game and found that just about all of the great things on paper are actually in the game and working...I think I can safely say that I'm willing to put aside my concerns about where the CS might go, and enjoy everything else about the game. The good outweighs the bad by a country mile.

Long-time MMORPG players have a difficult time with a lot of the issues surrounding GW2, because it's so very different in so many ways. It takes a good bit of thought to realize the assumptions and filters we all use as a basis for comparison and context for games in this genre, and maybe even longer to realize that a lot of them don't even apply to GW2.

At any rate, it comes down to whether the game is enjoyable or not...just like always. I thoroughly enjoyed the beta weekend, the game is pretty much exactly what I hoped it would be. So...I'll be playing. :)

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

I concur.  Fozzik is a cool guy.

... and it's nice to see that somebody can have legitimate concerns about cash shops and still decide it doesn't automatically damn GW2 to the depths of MMO hell. :D

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by Meowhead

I concur.  Fozzik is a cool guy.

... and it's nice to see that somebody can have legitimate concerns about cash shops and still decide it doesn't automatically damn GW2 to the depths of MMO hell. :D

GW2 has a CASH SHOP?????!!!111111eleventyone

I'm soooo out.

(welcome aboard Fozzik)

• HEISTTHEISTT Member UncommonPosts: 20

I am actually cancelling my digital preorder because this game is too awesome to not have a physical copy of it. I already contacted my local retailer about the preorder codes, I'm just waiting for GW2 support to actually cancel so I can preorder a physical copy. GW2 is THE MMO I (and many others) have been waiting for!

• Force_FireForce_Fire Member Posts: 145

Hmmm...so if you have enough cash, all you have to do is buy what you want. It's worse than I thought.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

Originally posted by mikahr

Originally posted by yumpinyimini

I've never understood the childish need of those who wish for a game- that is not their favorite- to fail.  Here's hoping SWTOR keeps growing and evolving, and that GW2 turns out to be great!  The more successful games we have to choose from..the better.

For SWTOR....i dont want it to fail. I just want it to do very badly.

Why? Because its time for companies and devs to learn that copying same game over and over is not:

a) way to success

b) good for customers (when 200+m MMO (production+marketing costs) manages to only copy WoW...doesnt bode well)

No, we dont need 1500000000 WoW copies, if you want to play WoW - play WoW.

Some of us would like new rereshing and innovative game once in a while, thats not 10k indie game ( support indie games BTW, its only part of games area thats still innovative and made from/for passion and not for/from monies) :)

I want SWTOR to fail completely and utterly.  The only way for companies to learn to not clone WoW is through punishment.  EA is losing boatloads of money but they probably still think they can salvage the project.  If it turns out to be a complete disaster then these companies may rethink the WoW cloning.  A hard failure will be great for the industry.  Plus it's EA, the worst company in America, so you don't have to feel bad about wanting SWTOR to fail. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Originally posted by Force_Fire

Hmmm...so if you have enough cash, all you have to do is buy what you want. It's worse than I thought.

Not sure if you are kidding but that is not what the GW2 cash shop is like.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by Xzen

Originally posted by Force_Fire

Not sure if you are kidding but that is not what the GW2 cash shop is like.

He's not kidding.  On the other hand, he can't tell anything GW2 is doing differently, and he really likes SWTOR.

So uh... Here.  Here's a salt shaker.  You may want a grain or two to go with what he says.

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

Originally posted by Eir_S

I'm soooo out.
    (welcome aboard Fozzik)

I've been on board for a long time...I was just hiding in the galley for a while. :)

In case anybody is interested in a lot more of my nonsense...or is really bored...I has a blag!

The last bastion

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

I'm soooo out.

(welcome aboard Fozzik)

I've been on board for a long time...I was just hiding in the galley for a while. :)

In case anybody is interested in a lot more of my nonsense...or is really bored...I has a blag!

The last bastion

Yeah I read them when you posted them a while back hence my shock to see you on the fence a little. I thought the read was good enough to pass the links on to my guildies before GW2 was a blip on many of their radars. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Why would I do that? I'm looking forward to the game!

• oblitrifyoblitrify Member Posts: 14

There is no way I'd cancel. I'm a die-hard Guild Wars fan and cannot wait for this game to launch!

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by GamerFun

Already canceled, played the beta. HUGE DISSAPPOINTEMNT. Dull and stail just like the rest of the MMO's made these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyqGJHTjes

Just sayin'.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I'm soooo out.

(welcome aboard Fozzik)

The last bastion

That is a good blog you posted. I liked it very much, you have some really good points! Thank you for the link. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by Volkon

Originally posted by GamerFun

Already canceled, played the beta. HUGE DISSAPPOINTEMNT. Dull and stail just like the rest of the MMO's made these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyqGJHTjes

Just sayin'.

Or; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AS48dmtXhs

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Originally posted by -Zeno-

Just curious to see if anyone is canceling their pre-order after this last beta event.

Just because SWTOR is crap and the player base is under 1/4th what it was in Janauary, doesn't mean you need to come here and make silly polls.   Especially when you don't get it.

Originally posted by Amjoco

I may be wrong, but I thought you could not cancel your pre-order. I'm sure you could go through your credit card company and dispute the charges, but I thought that once you bought and registered your key you could not cancel it. 

edit: sorry, I just read the title again. "Pre-Orders" I was thinking pre-purchase. Never mind my statement! :)

You can't cancel the pre-purchase.    So those that said they played the beta than cancelled are...    Well, I think we all know...

Originally posted by helthros

Originally posted by sonoggi

well i dont know what everyone else is smoking, but GW2 is a complete redesign of most MMO elements to me. everything in the game is done differently. ffs, its DE's are better than Skyrim's PVE. it will be the first true pvp MMO.

Sorry but there's no way in hell GW2 is more of a PvP mmo than EVE :p.

The game seems fun - I like that the DE content scales depending on how many people are present.

What I would like to know about the combat in GW2 is - Can I be equally effective never using the tab key, ever?

I'm sorry, but I played Eve.   Two accounts.   Nearly a year.    Eve's PvP is a joke.   It was fun.   Don't get me wrong.   But as a 'skill' it was a joke.   Warp in.   Lock.   F1, F2, F3...    It's all about toon skills and load-outs.   The amout of 'skill' is laughable.  

And, honestly, it was dull after a while.   I found playing the market more enjoyable.

As for GW2's PvP...   Much better.    Still need to get the hang of it.   But it's not F1, F2, F3...

Originally posted by QuicklyScott

My room mate prepurchased.  I tried it and didn't like it at all(I hadn't read up much on it, but because of the hype I really expected to love it).  The low fps gave me such a bad migrane but aside from that, I hated the limited skills to weapons, I hated the "dynamic" events( I got to level 6 with 4 different characters and found myself aimlessly walking around looking for stuff that would level me as I had done all the heart things for my level, the only ones I could do were higher ones where the mobs would face roll me.  So all I could do was grind to level..........), I hated the fact that you could teleport around, I hated the fact that there was a loading screen between zone and the big city and ; finaly, I hated the fact that you don't really progress, as it's not loot based and it's barely level based, you only complete content for the sake of it, meaning that there isn't much longevity to the game for me.  Still, it's not bad considering there is no monthly fee. 

I loved the character creation though, the map was pretty cool too.

The hype was so huge I was expecting the same feeling vanilla WoW gave me; I was hugely dissapointed.

I haven't played a MMO in almost 2 years now, I thought this would be the one that would rake me back in, sadly not .

In other words, the game sucks because you failed ...    Congrats.    I played all three days, there was a TON to do and it didn't much in the way of paying attention to find everything out.     I mean, they even TOLD you how to find more adventures.   Right after the intro-tutorial.   Which you played FOUR TIMES.

Honestly, I'm glad you hate it.   Because that means I'm not going to have you clogging up chat asking stupid questions because you're too good to pay attention to what they taught you in the tutorial/introduction and now don't have a clue...

• UniversumUniversum Member Posts: 39

Bah, failure and success are illusions.

• dethlorddethlord Member UncommonPosts: 17

cancel? pfft are you kidding, I am thinking of getting a second account.

Deth to you ALL!