Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real Life Ca$h for Gear?

Force_FireForce_Fire Member Posts: 145

So basically, if I have enough RL money I can buy everthing I want? OR did I fail to understand the auction house system?

Comments

• siuko_uksiuko_uk Member UncommonPosts: 37

Well you can buy everything.... IF someone has found the item and posted it onto the Auction House.

• Force_FireForce_Fire Member Posts: 145

I'm guessing this includes Gold as well?

• AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400

Not sure if you can buy gold directly.. I guess you could buy armor with RL money and put it on the gold AH so.. 

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by Abdar

Not sure if you can buy gold directly.. I guess you could buy armor with RL money and put it on the gold AH so.. 

Yes players can post gold on the RMAH.. but every one needs to remember items on the RMHA have to be put there by players, if players never post them there they can never be bought.  

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I think the RMAH will be a nice feature. It's not like a cash shop where there is an infinite supply of Uber Sword of Doom. The thing that's nice though is that gear doesn't soulbind. So if you buy some good gear you can turn around and sell it when you're done with it.

The absolute best items are going to be extremely rare though, even with millions of people playing. Let's just hope dupes and exploiters are dealt with swiftly.

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

I really don't care as such, but doesn't that imply it's pay2win?  

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Originally posted by Terrorizor

I really don't care as such, but doesn't that imply it's pay2win?  

Well it kinda is, but PvP isn't the main focus of the game. And you can also find the best items yourself, so it's not true pay to win.

Everything you can buy on the AH you can find in the game. I expect there to be much QQ about PvP when it's released though, due to people who buy the best stuff.

• Arachneus1Arachneus1 Member UncommonPosts: 248

It doesn't seem like it is pay 2 win.  Afterall its just an item someone else had to find and didn't want to use.  They could sell it for gold or money.  If it was pay 2 win, then everything on the gold marketplace is along the same lines.  You can easily buy all the best items with gold to as long as they are listed on each of the markets.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

It is simply Blizzard giving the old RTM sites of Diablo 2 the finger... Less risk for the player.. same kind of service.

Sounds like a Win/Win to me.

This have been a good conversation

• NivisiruNivisiru Member UncommonPosts: 186

You make it sound like this is something new to diablo. You could buy your items on diablo 2 as well. Just not through the game. It was sadly a big part of diablo 2. Hell you can buy a full geared WoW account if you wanted to or any game really. 

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by tawess

It is simply Blizzard giving the old RTM sites of Diablo 2 the finger... Less risk for the player.. same kind of service.

Sounds like a Win/Win to me.

Bingo!

• NoTxGooDNoTxGooD Member UncommonPosts: 15

This is so Blizzard makes the money off of items not 3rd party sites.

what ever % they charge to sell or buy not sure but it will add up and it stops people from going to www.BUYD3ITEMs.com

• Bushi13Bushi13 Member Posts: 123

Com'en guyz you got to buy something otherwise Joe gonna get fired he is from development..

Don't let the goblin scare you he's a full time staff, don't mind him.

( I know this goblin guy, i own the shop )

Diablow 3, it sucks ...

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Originally posted by Force_Fire

I'm guessing this includes Gold as well?

Gold will be the prime seller. 1,000,000 gold will be put up everyday so there will be lots and lots of gold on sale.

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

like in real life.. you have cash, you can buy almost anything you want to.. does this make Real Life™ a Pay2Win Game? Hmmm...

Now back to Diablo, P2W aint new to online games, and to the series.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Originally posted by expresso

Yes players can post gold on the RMAH.. but every one needs to remember items on the RMHA have to be put there by players, if players never post them there they can never be bought.  

This is the main argument against the RMAH but sure the items are going to be in the game no matter what, the issue I have is that those items are generally scattered... This way one person can have them all and well that's a bit over the top.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Originally posted by RelytDnegel

Originally posted by expresso

This is the main argument against the RMAH but sure the items are going to be in the game no matter what, the issue I have is that those items are generally scattered... This way one person can have them all and well that's a bit over the top.

Maybe you should do what millions of others are going to do ,   PLAY THE GAME AND GET YOUR OWN GEAR!

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Google search diablo 2 items. Play d2 at all and watch how much chat spam there is for item sellers.

Its really just a way for blizzard to

1.) Cut down on 3rd party item sellers spamming chat

2.) Make profit off the game outside initial game purchase

Its something that I don't completely like, but at the same time its something that really can't be stopped anyways. Considering the nature of how items are in the diablo games, your going to have this happen whether its blizzard doing it or a bunch of 3rd party sites going about spamming and selling.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Arachneus1

It doesn't seem like it is pay 2 win.  Afterall its just an item someone else had to find and didn't want to use.  They could sell it for gold or money.  If it was pay 2 win, then everything on the gold marketplace is along the same lines.  You can easily buy all the best items with gold to as long as they are listed on each of the markets.

It depends on how you define pay2win.

You wont find better items than anyone can find ingame there, but a bad player can get top gear for real money.

I don't like it.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by Force_Fire

So basically, if I have enough RL money I can buy everthing I want? OR did I fail to understand the auction house system?

well u can buy anything for sale from "cash" AH with RL money, so YES  

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Arachneus1

It depends on how you define pay2win.

You wont find better items than anyone can find ingame there, but a bad player can get top gear for real money.

I don't like it.

So pretend you played the game for 6 months and had the time of your life.  Suddenly, someone tells you about his AH gear.  Does that destroy the fun you had?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

when real money is involved more gold sellers will come to play.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Yes, I will be buying armor and weapons and all sorts of items for real money, if I think its appropriate.

• lettinjshlettinjsh Member Posts: 5

Peoples who are ready to spend the money should start to play after 2-3 months , then everything will be way cheaper than ever. At first even ingame funds will be like a buks :D , later it will gradually change to opposite and finally this eco will collapse and game end after half a year .. hmm .. maybe faster (all depends on first grinder-leveler-i-can't-leave-the-game-while-someoene-is-online GUY's)

This eco works great for some bunch of ppls with big pockets (i dont care it was 10 or 1k buk's guy's) and developers, but it's very short-time system, so they will have to reduce the prices later, what will make a chaos in the game and quit-wave/s.

Cheers

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

My question is;

Do you have to convert real money into a kind of Blizzard-currency that can't be cashed back out?

E.G., you have to spend 10$ to get 1,000 credits, and then Blizz has your money, and you only have the choice of earning more credits from Players that have already coughed up real dough? Or is this closer to some kind of Entropia Universe thing?

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture