Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Guild Wars 2 vs TERA

Comments

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

Originally posted by Lonzo

Played both Tera and GW2 Beta and to sum it up:

Tera = cheesy ugly Asia crap, where male chars all look like beardless 15year olds.

GW2= Good western Highfantasy with awesome Man-Like charakters with über PVP and PVE!

As i said in another post, to me the preference between GW2 and Tera as graphics really come down to personal taste. And i wont commento on the "asian crap" racist comment cause it comments itself.

But if you think this characters look like beardless 15 years olds, or you don't know what you talk about cause you never tryed Tera and you are just trolling or you should contact an optometrist.

• diabisdiabis Member Posts: 35

I think the idea of comparing Tera released, and GW2 not released in early stages of beta without even a release date slightly strange.

I did Tera Open Beta Event weekend, and of course GW2 1  Beta event weekend,

Tera FPS combat I found slightly funny, and I have already heard it said in a post here. If you wanted FpS why not go play one.  After you work through the keys for getting to all the stuff because of FPS style, it is doable and I can see why some that really like there FPS would find Tera the MMO for them. But it is a MMO and not a FPS so at times with normal game progression it can kinda be a pain.

It is a normal Asain grind in many ways, remember most are still quite abit away from hitting that wall, they all seem to be moving along well and the toons are new, all the little features are cute. Then BAM you hit the wall of 40-45 amd your bar slows down and you are kill 100 of these and bring them back, and you realize you map is progressing in a straight line, that I saw early on the straight line.

GW2 of course burped some this weekend, but the team was there updating forums and FB until they fixed things. It gave no issues in second part of the weekend. I made a point to play with my settings to ensure I hit high and low and I had no isssues there.

I can say they have delivered a game, that makes you feel like you are in a MMO. I loved the fact you ress'ed each other, players could just play together. I had to agree with many, catching myself from not attacking another mobs and then going omg I forgot we are suppose to kill with each other. Looking up and hitting bosses mini events. I of course took sometime to dodge my way along to Lion Arch since they openned it up for us. As I got killed in group of 14+ at level 6 if I did get killed they ressed me :-)  I have a bad habit of dodging up my maps to see what is through the next door. :-P.

I thought to myself, I would have played Tera for abit, but I knewI would not stay with it and did not see it worth taking money to play it for a few months. I have been over the Asain games for a long time, so that not even the cute and beauty to their graphics can really pull me in.

GW2 has given me custimized and I could change dyes and I saw that I will be able to add special colors as I make them find them as well increasing my choice. I did not really touch all by a long shot in what they offered this  weekend but GW2 has truely hit the mark for what I wanted and have ask for in years past. 

In the end, if you like Tera game style it is there for you, and if you want GW2 something new and different it is on the way. But we have to get through our Beta's first to allow Arenet to finsih it up. I want it live we all do,  we have been waiting for quit sometime, but I want it right so I will sit tapping my nails thinking with each GW2 artical they will say and the winning date it :-)

Look for the Rose with the Thorn.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

we're ALL winners when we got TWO quality MMOs coming out, at nearly the same time, that are FINALLY shaking shit up.

this is great for us ALL, and even better for the future of the MMO space.  these games are helping to break MMOs out of the Dark Ages, and into a whole new era.

its just the beginning.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by corpusc

we're ALL winners when we got TWO quality MMOs coming out, at nearly the same time, that are FINALLY shaking shit up.

this is great for us ALL, and even better for the future of the MMO space.  these games are helping to break MMOs out of the Dark Ages, and into a whole new era.

its just the beginning.

This I can agree with. More quality games is better for us as gamers.

Some may like GW2, some may like TERA but we all win in the end anyway.

• PurgatusPurgatus Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by corpusc

its just the beginning.

I like the sentiment, but this discussion is not about "which one am I getting", it's about, "why would I like this as opposed to this". Just making sure that the merits of both games are transparent, so gamers can make informed choices.

Just saying "they're both good" does not help.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Since computers can only play one game from each genre, this fight is warranted.

...what's that? people can play multiple games? people can also play games that others don't like? reviews are opinions?

That's incredible; I never knew!

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• catplaycatplay Member Posts: 71

I think TERA is better in all aspects that GW2.

• YellowbearddYellowbeardd Member UncommonPosts: 83

Originally posted by catplay

Tera been out in asia for a year and GW2 is not even released yet so that leaves your comment invalid.

• LyokoSpiralLyokoSpiral Member Posts: 14

How about we come back a year from now and compare then. When more content is released and people have played to end game. Then i'll happily compare my beloved Tera vs GW2. No reason to judge already when they both are not widely played through in the US.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

If Tera is so good why are you not playing? Get off this board and play you fool! Play like there was no tomorrow!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

If Tera is so good why are you not playing? Get off this board and play you fool! Play like there was no tomorrow!

You have a medical problem dude...

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,360

.....i always hated that type of "reviews"  X game vs Y game.....

oh btw gw2 ftw

I feel that is a personal attack! How dare you. :) That is against RoC!!! ;O

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

I feel that is a personal attack! How dare you. :) That is against RoC!!! ;O

Personal attack? So you attack me first just because i write my opinion, and you come and cry now? Are you ok?

Originally posted by Yellowbeardd

Tera been out in asia for a year and GW2 is not even released yet so that leaves your comment invalid.

Except for the part where he said "I think"

• IstafeinIstafein Member UncommonPosts: 70

Originally posted by Vorch

Since computers can only play one game from each genre, this fight is warranted.

...what's that? people can play multiple games? people can also play games that others don't like? reviews are opinions?

That's incredible; I never knew!

Ha! Exactly. Why does it seem like MMORPG enthusiasts feel the need to choose one over the other and stick with it violently? 

I'll play them both. Because they're both good. A novel concept, I know.

“So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6-34

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

I am surpised that the mods haven't shut down this Discussions since they are not simular games.

I played both of a weekend and it is obvious which game I will play.

I hated Tera from the start for many reasons.

Fell in love with GW2 15mins of playing.

Does that make one better than the other? NO!

It just means I like GW2 more than Tera.

Originally posted by Thorbrand
    I am surpised that the mods haven't shut down this Discussions since they are not simular games.

you see.. thats just you, you dont like Tera and you like GW2.

I like TERA more that GW2.

Why mods should shut down it? Because peoples do not like the game you like? See my point?

Why mods should shut down it? Because peoples do not like the game you like? See my point?

No you don't see the point he is making. He isn't saying because he likes GW2 they should lock the thread. He is saying it should be locked because the thread is a useless discussion.

It's really simple.

We have comparison articles for those who are interested in both games, and want to see how the various features compare to eachother.

Since when did it matter that you can "get both." Lots of people can't just "get both" anyways and want to know which they might prefer. We don't have to get snippy, we just have to let people know about the games.

EDIT: the two games have lots of similariites, its no supprise that fans have been looking forward to both.

Originally posted by Purgatus

It's really simple.

We have comparison articles for those who are interested in both games, and want to see how the various features compare to eachother.

Since when did it matter that you can "get both." Lots of people can't just "get both" anyways and want to know which they might prefer. We don't have to get snippy, we just have to let people know about the games.

EDIT: the two games have lots of similariites, its no supprise that fans have been looking forward to both.

I agree. It seems much smarter to point out your favorites qualities instead of picking on the other. I want to know why game A is good not why game B sucks.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

No you don't see the point he is making. He isn't saying because he likes GW2 they should lock the thread. He is saying it should be locked because the thread is a useless discussion.

Atleast someone understand what I was getting at.

Originally posted by Purgatus

It's really simple.

I agree. It seems much smarter to point out your favorites qualities instead of picking on the other. I want to know why game A is good not why game B sucks.

^This. As long as we can stay to Why I love game A, and away from Why I hate game B, we get the point across.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Plenty of people like GW2 and plenty of people like TERA. The problem is that this isn't a discussion or a debate. It's 70% mindless bashing, 20% people wanting this discussion to end, and 10% random crap.

If you read the article, Bill prefers GW2 and Luke prefers TERA. NO WHERE DID THEY SAY THAT THEY WOULD ONLY PLAY ONE GAME. I prefer Skyrim to Fallout 3. Does that mean that FO:3 is a fail game? Hell no!

My god, play what you like and don't let anyone stop you. I swear, the internet is the best and worst thing to happen gaming...

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• VercinVercin Member UncommonPosts: 352

I had to shift gears on my scroll wheel just to get down here.

The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.