Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eligium: Our Official Eligium Review

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Eligium is Frogster's entry into the browser F2P market. Now that we have put Eligium through its paces, we've got thoughts to share about the game. See what we thought in our latest review and then let us know what you think in the comments.

Brought to us by German publisher Frogster Interactive, Eligium is a free-to-play (F2P) fantasy MMORPG from Chinese developers Goldcool. Upon hearing this, many people may be quick to jump to negative conclusions and dismiss this game as just another cookie cutter MMORPG. However, there are a few things that Eligium does to set itself apart from the sea of F2P contenders out there. Whether those are enough to save it from mediocrity, is a matter of opinion.

Read more of Adrian Liew's Eligium: Our Official Review.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I'm sorry, but did you say legalized botting as a pro? Isn't the point of a game to PLAY it? If the game sucks so hard that botting is considered a pro, I think the score is a bit high don't you? People are so goddamn lazy it hurts my brain.

Joined - July 2004

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

Not a fan of Chinese MMO's. I just can't get into them. F2P helps a little bit but not enough to make me want to download it, especially after reading the article.

• OldsaltOldsalt Member Posts: 41

Is this the only game anyone knows of that has had legalized Botting? I don't know of any others. I don't know what other ganme to reference that to to understand how that would work.

The sooner you fall behind the more time you have to catch up.

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

Botting of any kind, legal or illegal, kills a game for me. I got my fill early on that in Lineage 2.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by Oldsalt

Is this the only game anyone knows of that has had legalized Botting? I don't know of any others. I don't know what other ganme to reference that to to understand how that would work.

What was that game that played for you when you were offline? Jade Dynasty, perhaps?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• YaosYaos Member UncommonPosts: 153

Granado Espada has a built-in botting mode as well, surprisingly the game sucks.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I think giving the game a #6 is being kind.Nothing wrong with being kind.For me..I don't think I could stand the game for even an hour.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

LOL a legal bot system... well if the realised that the game was so boring it needed a bot system why in hell did they not fix the game and stop it being boring..

• zinnikeyszinnikeys Member UncommonPosts: 45

Originally posted by tordurbar

Botting of any kind, legal or illegal, kills a game for me. I got my fill early on that in Lineage 2.

Same here.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

The next gen of games will have an Auto-Play feature. You don't even have to  log in, you set up an account and you get a daily email giving you daily status updates of your character's progression. P2W will get easier than ever.

• NameWasTakenNameWasTaken Member Posts: 132

Chinese developers Goldcool

Shouldn't that company be called, Goldfarm?

• SythionSythion Member Posts: 422

You know that a game's good when two of its "pros" are redudant features and legalized botting.

How the bleep could you guys give this game a 6? That's a D! That's a PASSING GRADE.

Shame on you MMORPG.com.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Legallized botting as PROS?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Would not touch with big stick

• LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294

Games like this should not even be reviewed here.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Originally posted by remyburke

I'm sorry, but did you say legalized botting as a pro? Isn't the point of a game to PLAY it? If the game sucks so hard that botting is considered a pro, I think the score is a bit high don't you? People are so goddamn lazy it hurts my brain.

+1

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239

It has to many bugs..Some of the quest are incomplete.If you can speak the 199 different language in the chat window, god knows what they babble about.Some of the games is still written in Chinese or what ever Asian language it is..Player population is Low to medium.Thats if you want to count the botters and those who sell when not at there pc...

Game rate is a 4...Compare to other Asian games

I retired retroactively..Haha

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by Sythion

You know that a game's good when two of its "pros" are redudant features and legalized botting.

How the bleep could you guys give this game a 6? That's a D! That's a PASSING GRADE.

Shame on you MMORPG.com.

They probably paid for some advertising on the site.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

u serious legalized botting as a pro? im sorry adrien but botting should never ever be a pro and with that i shouldn't be any higher than a 3 imo

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

Yes this is a bad game but how can you give this a 6/10 for graphics and that piece of eye gouging horror that is SWTOR 9/10?! Is there any consistency here?

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

No offense but when you put legallized botting as a pro it is time for mmorpg.com to find a new reviewer

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Games that allow botting are just something I will not touch, no matter how good.  It is an immediate zero score.

And I completely agree with the above poster, scratch that reviewer, FAST!

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

This game got a 6.0???!!! Shame on you MMORPG.com.  How much did they pay you?

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

So... they made a bot to make grind more bareable...? Why the heck did they have to make it so grindy that it needs bot at the first place? Dear lord whats up with those devs nowadays. 

• teethteeth Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by NameWasTaken

Chinese developers Goldcool

Shouldn't that company be called, Goldfarm?

^Pure genius^ and gave me quite a good laugh! Just mho, but the gold spammers will quite likely have free-reign, here.

Also:

Cons

image Bugs, lots of bugs

image Extensive reuse of some content

image Lack of an in-depth story

image Low quality localization

Frogster's name is on it.

Pass.

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

I had to double check that it was still May and not April 1st.

Seriously.. this game gets a 6 and has botting as a pro?

Why has the quality of reviews gone down so much?  This almost seems like a paid review.