Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is my good bye.

MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

We had fun SWTOR. I loved you, i hated you, you were my everything, you were my nothing.

I will always remember the times we had together. They were decent in retrospect.

Good night sweet prince. Back to WoW I go.

Comments

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Originally posted by Monorojo

We had fun SWTOR. I loved you, i hated you, you were my everything, you were my nothing.

I will always remember the times we had together. They were decent in retrospect.

I remember when you were a stalwart member of the BioWare Defense Force and would white knight ever little criticism.

• AC1074AC1074 Member Posts: 274

How can you quit 1 day before May 4th (Star Wars day)??!!!

• Don-QuixoteDon-Quixote Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by MosesZD

I remember when you were a stalwart member of the BioWare Defense Force and would white knight ever little criticism.

"I remember when you were..."

You are saying it like if it was a long long time ago when he was staunchly defending the game, when only 2 weeks ago he was saying Bioware had "won his heart with his incredibly generosity".

Anyways, on topic: glad you had a good time (i guess) with the game.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

image Whaaaaa.... image

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

He he, even most avid fanbois are quitting :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by mikahr

No they are not!  EA says subs are holding steady, so it must be true regardless of the actual evidence you have observed.

But seriously, I think that's how we have to look at MMO's these days, fun for a few months after lauch, then you take a break and come back after the next content expansion.

The era of long term play is probably long past.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

One by one TOR fanboys drop like flies, further proof that SW TOR is failing hard, thank god we have GW2 coming.

TOR failiure is actually good for MMOs ppl will realize they cant make bad WoW clones...

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Originally posted by Grotar89

One by one TOR fanboys drop like flies, further proof that SW TOR is failing hard, thank god we have GW2 coming.

TOR failiure is actually good for MMOs ppl will realize they cant make bad WoW clones...

A GW2 fanboi rubbing his hands together. A few months to wait until we start seeing posts like this about GW2. I suggest you to save your vitriol until then because all trends indicate that GW2 will be trolled very hard.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

i find it pretty distrurbing that you actually like that to be honest....people just love to see other "fail" so they can feel about themselfs??

sad, very sad....

• RodimusPrimeRodimusPrime Member Posts: 114

Yes one post on here equals that the game is tanking.... I saw some not so favorable posts of GW2 does that  mean that game is going to fail?

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Originally posted by oubers

i find it pretty distrurbing that you actually like that to be honest....people just love to see other "fail" so they can feel about themselfs??

sad, very sad....

Well ppl shouldnt be happy TOR failed its a copy and a bad one.

If games like GW2, Archage or TERA would fail that would be sad thing but TORs failiure is only good thing.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Originally posted by RodimusPrime

Yes one post on here equals that the game is tanking.... I saw some not so favorable posts of GW2 does that  mean that game is going to fail?

The game 'tanking' has nothing to do with opinions on this forum you do realise dont you.  The game is either doing well (gaining subs) or doing badly (dropping subs)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

come on OP ! i know TOR isnt perfect but stop playing it to go back to wow..... really???

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by Kyleran

No they are not!  EA says subs are holding steady, so it must be true regardless of the actual evidence you have observed.

But seriously, I think that's how we have to look at MMO's these days, fun for a few months after lauch, then you take a break and come back after the next content expansion.

I can honestly say I won't be coming back to this game even after an expansion. No ill will towards the game just no interest whatsoever in it no matter what they do.

Normally I do at the very least peek my head in from time to time in these games but far as this one goes...

No thanks...

I can honestly say I think this is the first mmo I have played that I have no desire whatsoever to return to it even when they offer free time to play.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• KhayotixKhayotix Member UncommonPosts: 231

actually it very well could, in the online gaming community things like that have a tendecy to snowball. Not saying it will, but It is highly likely. Since the advent of world of warcraft I have personally witnessed more games tank than succeed. Games that Launch with just as much content as WoW in its inception, great ideas and still they tank. So naturally the odds as of the last 8 years are leaning heavily in favor of tanking. Making an MMO is risky to even the most experienced MMO Developers. And if you are breaking into MMO development well the Odds stack even more heavily against you.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

you might have a point there.....on the other hand i see people just buying ANTHING that hits the mmo-market.....who's fault is it anyways that these bad games exsist anyways i sometimes wonder???

Those who make the bad game or the people who keep buying them?

just saying :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Subs holding steady doesn't mean people aren't quitting. All MMOs have turnover. Always have, always will. Until someone with at least two functioning brain cells builds a game where you can build something lasting and defend it again I can't see anything as being long term for me.

Well sure, I agree, look at WOW, I'll be more people have played WOW and quit then there are current subscribers, they always did a great job getting new blood to jump on the treadmill when others dropped in exhaustion.

The same thing might be happening here in sWTOR, but I think its more due to EA's tricks such as extending sub time and what not that's keeping the counts high.

But hey, still lots of people enjoying the game I'm sure.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

All games will fail and be shut down in the end

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

I played TOR 2-3 months and quite enjoyed my Sith Warrior's path to max level. Was never hyped though so I just canceled my sub when I did not find anything else to do in the game. Rolling alts and doing the same quests over again was not my cup of tea, nor joining gear tread mill. Still, I don't hate TOR and if there are people who like it then let them play it.

I don't give s*** about GW2 and so far nothing has sparked my interest in that game but I don't see any reason to go to GW2 forums to tell that. Honestly, I miss mmorpg community feeling instead of this endless war between religious cults we have these days. Some people just cannot accept that others like another game.

Originally posted by Bladestrom

The game 'tanking' has nothing to do with opinions on this forum you do realise dont you.  The game is either doing well (gaining subs) or doing badly (dropping subs)

My sarcasm doesn't come across well typed I see :)

Originally posted by Piiritus

I played TOR 2-3 months and quite enjoyed my Sith Warrior's path to max level. Was never hyped though so I just canceled my sub when I did not find anything else to do in the game. Rolling alts and doing the same quests over again was not my cup of tea, nor joining gear tread mill. Still, I don't hate TOR and if there are people who like it then let them play it.

I don't give s*** about GW2 and so far nothing has sparked my interest in that game but I don't see any reason to go to GW2 forums to tell that. Honestly, I miss mmorpg community feeling instead of this endless war between religious cults we have these days. Some people just cannot accept that others like another game.

^ This man wins a cookie.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Piiritus

A GW2 fanboi rubbing his hands together. A few months to wait until we start seeing posts like this about GW2. I suggest you to save your vitriol until then because all trends indicate that GW2 will be trolled very hard.

After that game launches I'm pulling up to my desk with a large tub of popcorn and enjoying the show. ;)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

Originally posted by MosesZD

So was I. I defended SWTOR since 2008 with my dying breath. Realizing I wasted all those years for a sub-par cash-cow sends me into a dark place.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

I very much agree with this. The slow-leveling, long-investment, long-term, "homeworld" MMO seems to be a dying breed as far as the mainstream is concerned. These days there are simply too many choices and the MMO novelty has worn off too much to keep players in one game for years and years.

And the companies seem to be taking this into account as well. I do remember one Bioware designer actually saying (when SWTOR was still in production) going out of your way to hold the gamers in the game for a long time is not a good idea; saying you should let them leave, take breaks and come visit some other time. 

Of course some do still prefer the long haul, but... I wouldn't bet they're still the driving factor. We're living in the age of "TL;DR???", after all. :)

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Not sure who you are, but farewell.