Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Elder Scrolls Online: Teaser Site & Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Elder Scrolls Online teaser site has officially launched. Included on the new site is a trailer to further fuel the fires of excitement!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Surkin808Surkin808 Member UncommonPosts: 4

For the english version, widescreen, 1080 ... just go to the ESO site:

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Release year?

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292

Eh, read an article on it and quite honestly it sounds like every other MMO. Well cept the whole voting an emperor from the playerbase thing. Hope it fullfills the desires of some but I'm thinking I may have to pass. But who knows. Still seems some time off.

As for the one who asked release year it was said 2013.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by marz.at.play

Release year?

2013, supposedly.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Third person view with hotbar/cooldown combat and a class system means this is DOA and certainly NOT a true Elder Scrolls MMO. What a complete waste of a perfectly good opportunity. Rename it something else so it doesn't tarnish the Elder Scrolls brand.
  • GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

Originally posted by Zhauric

Eh, read an article on it and quite honestly it sounds like every other MMO. Well cept the whole voting an emperor from the playerbase thing. Hope it fullfills the desires of some but I'm thinking I may have to pass. But who knows. Still seems some time off.

Vote xxxDarthLordLegolas01xxx 2013 image

JK... awesome sandbox mechanic  image

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

Sounds like Michael Gambon (substitute Dumbledore) narrating. That could be a bad omen.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by Stellus

Third person view with hotbar/cooldown combat and a class system means this is DOA and certainly NOT a true Elder Scrolls MMO. What a complete waste of a perfectly good opportunity. Rename it something else so it doesn't tarnish the Elder Scrolls brand.

Some friends and I were talking about this also.  We've decided on "World of Tamriel".  *grin*

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

the photos release of the game in early stages werent impressive nor near the rpg quality. feels a bit rushed imo.

but -we will see what develops.

• DylisDylis Member Posts: 4

Oh you mean politics, in game, like Tera... ya its been done.

Elder scrolls can also be played as third person so I don't see how you think that changes anything.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

they better not make one other tab targeting, linear, quest hub driven WoW clone or i'll be so effing pissed.......

• DrafellDrafell Member Posts: 588
  • dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Originally posted by Dylis

Oh you mean politics, in game, like Tera... ya its been done.

Elder scrolls can also be played as third person so I don't see how you think that changes anything.

Don't do that, please don't do that.  That was atacked on mode.  It is a 1st person game.  It is not tab targted.  I don't mind tab targeting if its something new to the table but you can't slap a name on something and call it elder scroll cause you added its lore.  

Strip the name away, read about the game, what does it sound like, sure has hell not Elder Scroll.  

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Originally posted by Ghabbo

Yay 99.9 perceont of people who play the game will never experience this mechanic. So lets waste millions of dollars in development for something that 200 people will only enjoy.  

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Originally posted by dontadow

Don't do that, please don't do that.  That was atacked on mode.  It is a 1st person game.  It is not tab targted.  I don't mind tab targeting if its something new to the table but you can't slap a name on something and call it elder scroll cause you added its lore.  

Strip the name away, read about the game, what does it sound like, sure has hell not Elder Scroll.  

Actually that is all that makes it a elder scroll game.. without the lore and the name it would just be another random fantasy game. =P But i know what you are trying to say and ai agree.. This will be a overhyped game that will never live up the wet dreams of the series fans. Thus it will fail.

This have been a good conversation

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Ghabbo

*snipage*

You have my sword, xxxDarthLordLegolas01xxx!

May we avenge our fallen under your banner and carve out the destiny of future generations.

Hail xxxDarthLordLegolas01xxx!

(It doesnt't sound so bad if you really get into it imo).

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

O sweet  Lord  of heaven and universe!  Thats the best news ever!  I will never troll again on this site because of this news. First MechWarrior and now Oblivion :) :) :)

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by SteamRanger

Sounds like Michael Gambon (substitute Dumbledore) narrating. That could be a bad omen.

Gota ask man. How  does one of the finest British actors narrating this trailer constitute a bad omen?

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

The more I find out about this game, the less appealing it looks.

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

Wow, this is the first time that french language sounds cool.

• GremrodGremrod Member UncommonPosts: 207

Sandbox or themepark? 

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

Funny thing is you will still buy and play it.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Couldnt agree more, cartoony graphics rather than real and gritty?!  Cmon can the development house not do basic market research?  Elder scrolls should be dark, have a ton of atmosphere and a sense of history That is what makes elder scrolls what it is. Hero engine, dear god they are going to release something 15 years out of date by the time it is released.  yuo can almost hear the same conversation that the 'marketing team' in bioware had - omg, lets make a game as successful as WOW - but in Elder scrolls world.   Gutted, I love Beth games.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

this game isnt sheduled until late 2013 :/ kinda early for them to start  advertising now

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

both those things have been in the elder scrolls since morrowind whioney dumwhine sauce