Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you expect from ESO?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• anothernameanothername Member UncommonPosts: 200

Experience teached me to expect nothing in these days of gaming (not just MMOs), its much more healthy and makes told-you-so trolling all these overhyped failures more relaxing ;)

I HOPE its like a MMO Version of a regular TES game; but since the (for me at least) biggest feature (MODs) the way it works for example in Oblivion is next to impossible in an MMO and somebody also already quoted them that they wanna go "boldly like any other MMO before" the only expectation I have is that I probably would not be interested in ESO.

For the record (towards the points the OP made); I prefered 3rd person in TES in every aspect outside of archery.

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by Fros7bite

What I want to see in The Elder Scrolls Online:

No Traditional Character Classes

First-Person Action-Adventure

Minimal Interface

Faction-Based Player Versus Player Combat

Mods

One out of five isn't too bad?

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Just read the preview in the magazine. Straight off the graphics strongly resemble SWTOR cartoony comic book style graphics. Really clean. Don't like the look of it at all does not resemble the last 3 Elder Scrolls.

Go to gamingsquid, they have the info up there.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The greatest mmo - daoc meets the 2nd greatest rpg series - tes. With a touch of uo.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

DAOC, DAOC, DAOC this, DAOC that.

DAOC is a current buzzword.  Marketers are gunna use it.  EA/Bioware with ToR would use DAOC as a reference if they could.  STOP REFERENCING DAOC.

It was a good game.... >10 years ago.  Times have changed.  DAOC is still around, why aren't you playing it?  Because it hasn't really aged all that well.

The MMO community should remain ever skeptical and vigilant.  If you're expecting Skyrim online, as I recently told guildies, you're going to be in for a HUGE disappointment.  Think about all the times you got pissed and wiped a city because you could.  Exactly.  Now try that on an MMO and see what the griefers can pull off.

Don't fall for buzzwords people.  Remain cautious.  This was a preview greater than a year out.  STO looked incredible until the rights were bought by Cryptic and mangled.  (I think Perpetual Entertainment was the original developer)  My POINT is... Yay for things on the horizon, boo because they're probably butchering a classic series, but for the love of everything holy stop re-using the buzzwords like lemmings.  Makes you sound foolish.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Ive seen big names make transitions to MMO's and fall flat on their faces.

I have hopes but until we learn more I expect nothing from this game yet.

Well not exactly, I expect an advancement in the MMO genre just like with all new MMO's.

Perpetuum is like eve with mechs, nothing like sto.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Excuse me, Perpetual Entertainment.  I'll correct the original post.  The fact that I was THAT close with something I read 5+ years ago... that's gotta earn me SOME credit.

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

What I think we are going to see is a "mmo" that will not please the crowd here.

Just like SWTOR the game is NOT going to be made for the type of gamers that inhabit this site.

Don't get your hopes up.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Not interested at all in this...

I would be very suprised if it turns out to be anything other than awefull...

• Mister_ReMister_Re Member Posts: 142
    I expected Skyrim with multiplayer, but from the article it seems like we'll get the bastard offspring of WoW and ToR, called TESo.
  • MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

As the poster above mentions, I expect skyrim + multiplayer. Anything other than that would be a failure.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• Dark_SkuraiDark_Skurai Member Posts: 106

I expect WoW with better PvP and more RP elements.

Which is good, because that's exactly what I want to see improved in WoW, and also exactly what the devs are going for based on what we know so far.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Originally posted by Fros7bite

What I want to see in The Elder Scrolls Online:

No Traditional Character Classes

First-Person Action-Adventure

Minimal Interface

Faction-Based Player Versus Player Combat

Mods

What kind of gameplay are you expecting from The Elder Scrolls Online? Please discuss.

You might want to read some of the leaked info. the only thing you get from that list is Faction based PvP.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

I was expecting TES in an mmo setting.  However, that would be impossible since the games are about freedom to do what you want with the npcs and the landscape.  I need the ability to put pots on npc heads so I can rob them blind!!!!!

BOOYAKA!

I'm generally pleased with what I've read, but then I'm more of a daoc fan than a tes fan (although I do really like tes, just not as much as baldurs gate/icewind/planescape or the witcher series)

I think they've made 3 big mistakes though.
    1 having classes - while I don't think the original tes system would work well in a mmo (see afk swimmers in darkfall) I Thu.k something like the secret worlds system would have fit tes online better and feel more sandboxy
    2 should have stayed 1st person, really helps with the immersion factor in tes
    3 shouldn't have bothered with Esports mini games, distracts from the rvr and makes the game less open world and more themeparky

I'm hoping the crafting is very similar to tes, maybe pulling in some elements from uo.
  • ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

Originally posted by Ikeda

It was a good game.... >10 years ago.  Times have changed.  DAOC is still around, why aren't you playing it?  Because it hasn't really aged all that well.

The same could be said for architecture - That doesn't mean the mechanics behind it are not solid.

The problem with DAoC is they didn't update their UI, they made a seriously BAD decision with ToA, going after the EQ market, and with the release of WoW, the insatiable need for instant self-gratification became apparent.

It's not that it didn't age well, it's the mindset of the player that changed the most.

The 3 faction PvP model (RvR) is a solid model, which no one, not even EA/Mythic/Bioware has attempted to recreate.

If they would update the UI, I would probably still be playing DAoC now. My time with RvR was the best experience I've ever had in an MMO. But after being spoiled by modern UI's (Yeah, I'm admitting to it at least), I just don't like their clunky interface.

I am a bit disappointed that it will be class based, instead of skill based like say UO. But I undstand why for balancing reasons.

And I am VERY happy it's third person, standard MMO combat at it's roots. If you want to see how an Elder Scrolls type combat system plays out in an MMO, I suggest you try Darkfall. It doesn't play out as well as you think.

I obviously like the "RvR Zone" that will be Cyrodil. Perfect, just like DAoC - Give PvE and PvP zones people can choose to be a part of, and hopefully something like Darkness Falls where the 2 can overlap would be excellent.

No housing, also a bit disappointed, but not too troubling.

Graphics? I think they're just fine. They're not Skyrim, but for crying out loud, it's an MMO - It's never going to look as good as a single player game.

All and all, REALLY looking forward to this.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.