Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera...Another $50.....Gone!

mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

I feel like Bart Simpson always grabbing for the electrified cup-cake.  Just when will I learn................

Comments

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Lol, I'm finally learning this myself. Not buying every new MMO on the block.

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

I've been debating on whether I want to buy the game..... or just wait for Diablo 3 and GW 2 to be released. Uggh.... still interested in Tera but am kinda holding out until I can read some reviews.

• UmirshandUmirshand Member UncommonPosts: 47

Played the beta...I didn't see anything ground breaking here and decided not to put out the cash...this time hehe. Combat was cool along with massive pvp events. But it simply felt uninspired to me. I bought $50 worth of beer instead :)

"Look at me when I'm hitting you!"

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Cool, then don't buy things you probably won't like? Maybe don't even play MMORPG's anymore if you don't like any of them.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

I am suprised with all the advertised open beta/trials that anyone can claim to suprised much less uninformed.

Sounds like bad decision making in general extending beyond the relm of chooing how to spend such a trivial amount of money.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    5 closed betas where the keys were handed around like water and two weekends of open beta where anyone could try the game and somehow you got "suckered?" I call shenanigan's however if true I've a nice ski lodge here in Florida to offer you at a fair price.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

I didn't get the chance to play much of the beta. Probably 2 hours...maybe and what I played I .liked but obviously, that's not really enough time to make an informed decision. Especially when I've pre-ordered three other games in the last month. LOL

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by mastersomrat

I feel like Bart Simpson always grabbing for the electrified cup-cake.  Just when will I learn................

Ahh, you musta read the TERA > GW column, let that be a lesson to ya. image

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , seriously , if you want naked chicks you know where to go to view them for free. Don't need to buy a 50$ MMO primarily based on skin. It's like those adverts on this site for EpicX that shows chicks with cleavage?  Really?  

• ProphecysProphecys Member UncommonPosts: 32

Blame yourself.

I thought it wasn't going to be a good game until I got the free weekend.

Playing with friends just makes it that much better too.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by Zekiah

Ahh, you musta read the TERA > GW column, let that be a lesson to ya. image

u only 10 dollars more and u could get GW2 =/

• oblitrifyoblitrify Member Posts: 14

I decided not to buy Tera when news about the NCSoft lawsuit hit. What a mess. 

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249

But In the end...

You are still gonna go after the cup cake...

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by Kyleran

5 closed betas where the keys were handed around like water and two weekends of open beta where anyone could try the game and somehow you got "suckered?" I call shenanigan's however if true I've a nice ski lodge here in Florida to offer you at a fair price.

Exactly. Anyone already complaining about the purchase of a game they could have tried out prior to release... well I've got a time share you might be interested in. image

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Thats what you get

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

it's a fine game.

it's just the $15 a month killing me, so i say no and wait for 10 more days, diablo 3 :D. and then GW2 after that

• RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131

I never buy new games, I just wait 6 months to one year so they reduce price or just go free so I can try then without paying a dime. Moreover, new games can compete with those who has been tested and improved through t he years with several updates and patches. So my custom is buying games after a long period from its launch.

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619

Im extremely happy for my time in the beta on this one. Just like Diable 3, Tera was a game i have had on my radar for a very long time. I was really looking forward to it, and had it not been for the beta, i probably would have bought it. Took me 2 beta weekends (first one i just leveled 4 classes to around 13, second one i went for broke and got one over 30 to see the "it gets better after level 20" side of the argument). Thank god for beta weekends and open betas, it has really saved me tons of money over the years.

• JaylanonyousJaylanonyous Member Posts: 31

I'm enjoying the game, but i didn't spend 50$. 30$ for my copy. 

I knew it wasnt going to be anythign spectacular. I played the Korean version and every beta. It just something to pass the time.

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

I also didn't even get a key.  The combat is great...wish more game were like this (though the whole hotkey thing take a little getting used to).  My main issue is that while the combat is great, everything else (crafting) is boring. So, there nothing else to do.  I still play, but the whole time I play, I have this thought in the back of my head thinking - while the combat is cool, at some point, it's going to get boring and then what?

Anyone know of a game which has much to do?  I know about WoW already (played for years) and VG (waiting to see how the P2W thing goes).

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Originally posted by Kyleran

^This.

• feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164

I also didn't even get a key.  The combat is great...wish more game were like this (though the whole hotkey thing take a little getting used to).  My main issue is that while the combat is great, everything else (crafting) is boring. So, there nothing else to do.  I still play, but the whole time I play, I have this thought in the back of my head thinking - while the combat is cool, at some point, it's going to get boring and then what?

Anyone know of a game which has much to do?  I know about WoW already (played for years) and VG (waiting to see how the P2W thing goes).

You didn't need a key for the open betas... I played them both, and decided not to get the game right away. It seemed like a great game and I may yet pick it up, but lack of things to do? What are you like 3 days into it?

Every game gets boring at some point, then what? Then you stop playing....

Saying you got tricked only makes you look stupid. They were completely open about what Tera was, you can even see roughly where it's going by looking at the Korean version. 

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

As others have commented  "I bought $50 of beer instead"

How long will $50 dollars in beer entertain you?  A night?  Two nights?  Maybe 3?  

I really didn't like Tera at first, but leveling 1-60 will take you a week or two and be enjoyable.  Then quit.

You now gotten more than $50 can buy you anywhere else.  Who cares if it isn't going to keep you for 6+ years?  What game does anymore?

WAR?  SWTOR?  AoC?  Every new MMO claims to be amazing and awesome, and fails.  GW2 will be NO different.  Buy it, play for a month at most, quit...

Same with Diablo 3, buy it, beat it, quit...

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

Ya, I guess thats a good way at looking at mmos now-a-days.  I guess I got use to the idea, they should be long lasting and what not.  Your right, though, even if I only play for a month, guess I got my moneys worth.