Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please no pvp and just minor group fighting

VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

this game series is solo fihgting,keep it that way, make people socialize in different way and it míght be a big sucsess.

Comments

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

No PVP and limited grouping? Why even bother to play online? Go play Skyrim mods if you want more single player TES. I will not touch this game without open pvp/looting.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405

Bad news for you.

It's a "player-driven open world 3 factions PVP"

You will get ganked

You will need to speak with other people

You will need to play with other people

So... it's going to be a true MMORPG, not another autist-friendly single player quest grinder.

I don't get it, why even play an MMORPG if you hate playing with other people? 

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

In current games pvp whining allways end in nerfing of classes,and even the boring group/ raid based gear grinding makes people leav the game after the first 30 days included when you buy ýour game.There must be other ways for people to socialize and actually have fun playing together than this.All I say is wish them good luck doing this.Lately games get boring due to this group gear grind and people leav.Lots of people dont want to pvp and still their characters are nerfed to ballance pvp. Why dont those pvp fans play the loads of pure pvp games that are on the shelfs.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

it is completely essential to have pvp and massive pvp conflicts in a game like The Elder Scrolls Online. Towns in conflict with the emperor politics, etc, players join fighting for their faction, etc.

I just hope Zenimax add the dark brotherhood, thieves, and all other TES guilds that players can join within the game. Since the game will take place millenia before Skyrim timeline probably we will see i dont know, The night mother guiding the DB?

ill stop thinking about TESO.... we dont know whats gonna be in there and im going crazy already. i want everything from TES 1 through 5 in the mmo lol

• jakojakojakojako Member Posts: 332

Originally posted by spaceport

Bad news for you.

You will get ganked

So... it's going to be a true MMORPG, not another autist-friendly single player quest grinder.

Come now... it's a bit too early to assume the game won't be a steaming pile of shit isn't it?

• jakojakojakojako Member Posts: 332

Originally posted by Vidir

In current games pvp whining allways end in nerfing of classes,and even the boring group/ raid based gear grinding makes people leav the game after the first 30 days included when you buy ýour game.There must be other ways for people to socialize and actually have fun playing together than this.All I say is wish them good luck doing this.Lately games get boring due to this group gear grind and people leav.Lots of people dont want to pvp and still their characters are nerfed to ballance pvp. Why dont those pvp fans play the loads of pure pvp games that are on the shelfs.

mmmm can you name 3 PvP-based MMOs? I know I can name 50 PvE based ones

• Sargeras77Sargeras77 Member UncommonPosts: 47

Originally posted by jakojako

mmmm can you name 3 PvP-based MMOs? I know I can name 50 PvE based ones

Lineage 2

Eve Online

Darkfall 

:P

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

I envision a TES MMO in my head as a more refined version of Darkfall. I can't picture a themepark setting working for this game, but unfortunately I have a feeling it's not going to be near as open and violent as it should be. I want FFA PvP, drop items on death and player housing. All of those things help add player immersion and control to an MMO.

Let's hope Zenimax/Bethesda has been looking back other sandbox games and not staring into the Eyes of Blizzard.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Originally posted by spaceport

Bad news for you.

You will get ganked

PVP has nothing to do with rpging.  It's to attract an audience who have never been into role playing games or to integrate features of other games, first person shooters, into an rpg setting.  

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

this game series is solo fihgting,keep it that way, make people socialize in different way and it míght be a big sucsess.

Then why even make it an MMO? You can have your cake and eat it too. They will have different servers I'm sure.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Hopefully it will be like EVE pvp wise, hi sec and null sec areas. I always found that to be the ideal situation.

• xZeRGzxZeRGz Member Posts: 118

A TES MMO without PvP is like cereal without milk; peanut butter without jelly, or finding an icecream truck driving drug dealer's talking head in your pantry =p

Originally posted by Sanguinelust

Then why even make it an MMO? You can have your cake and eat it too. They will have different servers I'm sure.

I certainly don't think that solo fighting is the way to go in an MMO, but neither do I think PVP is. Both negate the purpose of a multiplayer  RPG.   PVP based MMOs, aren't RPGs.  They are either MMOstrategy games(Eve) or MMO Fantasy War games (Darkfalls). 

ELder Scroll, man, this sounds bad, I am reading the game informer magazine now.  I like the idea of no trinity, obviously in this age you need to make your own combat system, no more depending on the WOW model.  But the other stuff, staples of the Elder Scroll games have been deleted.  It's also showing another one of those we're rushing this to the market as fast as we can kind of production schedules.  

How little does Bethesda influence this game, the article says that the main elder scroll guy checks on them from time to time. This should scare the heck out of every Elder Scroll fan, because this, a firm misuse of IP.  Especially if you don't have any of the oriignal elder scroll team working onthe game, and you have pretty much farmed this game out to a team so they can make Dark Falls 2.  

Originally posted by xZeRGz

A TES MMO without PvP is like cereal without milk; peanut butter without jelly, or finding an icecream truck driving drug dealer's talking head in your pantry =p

IF a game is strong enough and smartly designed, it doesnt have to rely on ganking 13 yer olds as "difficult content".  Agian, this just feels like the studio's need to make this a darkfalls 2.  

The problem with PVP in an elder scroll game is that it goes against the ethos of the game.  In that, you play a single player rpg to get away from the tradiotnal aholes that pop up in MMOs.  This is realy prevealnt in PVP based MMOs.  So you're asking people who, enjoy single player games, to fork over a sub fee and have a completely different experience.  Sure, you can attack town folk , but do you really want a game where town folk are always attacking you.  Skyrim would bea completely diffrent, and unpopular game.  

Like i said, if they keep this simple it will work, just allow people to play skyrim with their friends. I"m all for instances and such if they are not as closed off as SWTOR's were.  

And please, I have not played an MMO that did not have a noninstanced dungeons.  I played in 2 such dungeons (so much fun) in the GW2 weekend and such dungeons were the highlight of my Rift experience.  

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Op:
    There will be lots of pvp. The head of the studio is Matt frior former pvp lead on dark days of camelot, the greatest pvp ever in any genre, and the greatest mmo ever.

That said there will also be good pve and no non consensual pvp
  • goldiewilsongoldiewilson Member Posts: 90

Oh God more QQ Waaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaa from progression raiders butt hurt over GW2, look Elder Scrolls wont be a loot grind either, just get used to it. Bethesda hasnt done this well on their own for so long listening to players who are NOT part of their fan base. Every body that has ever played Elder Scrolls knows full well they all want to battle each others toon and do horrible tricks to each other in the game world. Not to mention there is tons of lore in Elder Scrolls about killing other people and more than one assassin guild, that being said their are also tough fines for murder if your caught but elder scrolls has never been about killing 50 foot raid bosses, hell they just now added a few dragons. 

• goldiewilsongoldiewilson Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by Comaf

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/05/03/june-cover-revealed-the-elder-scrolls-online.aspx

Three faction open world pvp.

Ah yes thanks for pointing that out, we can do away with this no pvp Loot grind raid progression crap right now. 

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Advanced PvP (as in a three faction political mmorpg like Dark Age of Camelot) is the driving force of fun for folks who want depth to their rmmorpg through being able to try to out think, out plan, out battle not just one, but two thinking factions that are battle led by intelligent, thinking, raid leaders.

That type of pvp is the stuff that makes novels and movies epic.  I for one, cannot wait for Elder Scrolls 3 realm pvp model.  My god, with all the other stuff on the shelf to choose from, the pve folks, and every other population have what they need.  Do you realize how long the rest of us have been waiting for something of this level of quality?

/salute