Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Battle between GW2 and TERA

13»

Comments

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    Projected player figures, the validity of the P2P model and who has the best PvP aside I'm finally able to log into TERA on a nightly basis.

I win.

Neener

Neener

Just not worth my time anymore.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

If u are in the group of people that GW2 dont have end game or pve end game plz try to learn more about it before saying things non sense

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Wicoa

There is no battle this is a myth to stir talk of GW2 and quite frankly Im tired of it.  Tera is a launched game, GW2 is a beta game with no official release date.

If they released at the same time then sure there would be a battle.  When GW2 launches not only will it have to find a space with Tera it also has to compete with everyother game.

To put things in perspective The Secret World will launch before GW2 so will Diablo 3 and so will Torchlight 2 finally when it does launch it will probably have to compete with Mists of Pandaria yeh sure spout crap about WoW below but that won't stop a few million copies being sold by people who will never leave wow.

Maybe you should have told your fellow TERA player this before he STARTED this thread.....

I care nothing about "battles" unless they're in the game I'm playing.  Battles BETWEEN games are idiotic in my opinion.  Everyone likes whatever game they like and MOST adults aren't going to easily be swayed just because some other person doesn't like the same thing.  What a waste of time reading this thread is.

This should be in General Discussion because it's not about TERA, it's about BOTH games.  Having it here just allows for the TERA fans to claim anyone from GW2 camp is "trolling" because we DARE to comment on a thread where our favorite game is mentioned.  But then, the OP has listed that they want to play TERA, so I shouldn't be surprised.  General Discussion (not on the TERA boards) is where it belongs.

Movin' on.....

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by Puremallace

Originally posted by Alot

"Tera and GW2 are pvp games. Tera has a sub fee and pvp'rs are cheap as they come, so automatically it will fail. GW2 has no pve end game worth mentioning and WvW has no reward anyone cares about. Also pvp'rs are extremely unloyal so they will end up back in LoL anyways."

You generalize too much.

By the way, have you actually read the underlined part? Wow, nice fail you got there.

Noone cares about GW2 or TERA because of the pve. Those games are pvp games to their core. If you look at the guilds playing Tera you would realize this. They are there for a fight and have never care about pve.

My only hope is that GW2/Tera put together LITERALLY gut WoW pvp servers, so maybe by some miracle we can catch up to the Koreans in competitive real action pvp.

What, are you insane? GW2's PvE is huge and amazing. There's an estimated 800 to 1000 hrs of PvE gameplay if you actually go through and try to do everything. You're confusing it with GW1, which was primarily PvP, but even they've boosted their PvE to a very nice level.

PvP game. Sheesh. People will make up all kinds of crap when they feel like their game is threatened.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by VikingGamer

Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

/snip   HUGE SCREENIE IS HUGE.

At the same time with TERA, roughly 2/3 of the Guild Wars 2 servers were listed as high and roughly 1/3 were listed as light in populations. Note that this was the first beta weekend that was not under the NDA. I did not include the European servers because I don't think I had access to them, I don't recall if we did, but I was told they had 2 dozen servers.

I am on Celestial Hills and if CH is one of the lightly populated servers then I wouldn't have noticed it for all the people on it. From the inside it looks packed, people everywhere, sometimes competing for quest mobs and so on. Also, there are a bunch of channels running for these zones.

Just because one game has servers that say Heavy population and other game has servers that say Medium population or Light doesn't mean a comparison can be made. Non of these companies reveal the actual numbers and server capacity thresholds. (except for Eve)

Wait, what? You have to compete for quest mobs? You can't work together to get the kills with anyone that passes by with everyone getting full loot and experience?

Dang. I need to sit down. That's wierd.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

There are enough threads on this topic already.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.