Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TES Online: My verdict

mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

So, I've read magazine preview about TES Online, saw screenshots. And picture is almost clear for me. TES Online is basically SW: ToR 2. Everyone will be waiting for it, everyone will hope its good because hey, its TES and the devs are excellent... but in the end it is "same old shit" with graphics and gameplay identical to Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. 

Devs took the same path as Bioware and Trion Worlds - making MMORPG without any risk and as close to WoW standarts as possible. Leveling system (which is just plain stupid for TES game), very standart classes, boring target combat, questing gameplay, farming rep for warrior/mage/rogue guilds, raiding as high end content. There are not even slight hints on new things in the article. Everything is taken from other MMORPGs. Looks like there will be even rated PvP arenas similar to WoW's. In TES game, can you imagine?

Forget about provincies same size as original Bethesda's games. I wouldnt be surprised if Skyrim in TES Online is as big as 2 zones in WoW. Forget about sandbox elements, housing system, full loot in PvP. There will be good storylines and lots of familiar places, not doubt. And you may become an Emperor - might be the most unique feature. But overal dont expect something that you havent already seen in numerous other theme-parks.

Comments

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

Did you come to this conclusion from the extensive information that's been released on the game.... oh wait.... we have very little details about the game whatsoever. Come on now. I know it's fashionable to hate on things that are going to be popular. Hell, I was hard on Guild Wars 2 for a long, long time but at least wait until we have some more solid information on the game.

• bishboshbishbosh Member Posts: 388

link pls OP

Originally posted by Jakard

Did you come to this conclusion from the extensive information that's been released on the game.... oh wait.... we have very little details about the game whatsoever. Come on now. I know it's fashionable to hate on things that are going to be popular. Hell, I was hard on Guild Wars 2 for a long, long time but at least wait until we have some more solid information on the game.

who cares. whats wrong in hating on something that hasnt been decided. if anything it is good to do so, at least the devs will know not to go down that path.

also i dont think you have been hard on anything. you seem like a fanboi type

Originally posted by mindw0rk

http://forums.goha.ru/showpost.php?p=19515436&postcount=129

click on +

is this a leak or a fake? how can someone already have the june issue?

if this is true then this TES mmo has pretty much already failed before release. im pretty sure wow clone is already out of fashion yet this is planned for 2003. GG is all i can say.

• darkgamerxdarkgamerx Member Posts: 311
    To be honest, he does have a point. Let's not forget this game has been in development for 7 years. From the point where WoW-Clones became emerging faster.
    Who Is to say that Bethesda might have looked around and seen all these companies making a healthy profit from WoW clones, so they dived in. I'm not saying this is so, but they have been in development for 7 years.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Originally posted by bishbosh

Originally posted by mindw0rk

click on +

is this a leak or a fake? how can someone already have the june issue?

Yep, its leaked. I also uploaded archive with all PDFs here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21650427/TESOnline.rar

Originally posted by darkgamerx

To be honest, he does have a point. Let's not forget this game has been in development for 7 years. From the point where WoW-Clones became emerging faster.

Who Is to say that Bethesda might have looked around and seen all these companies making a healthy profit from WoW clones, so they dived in. I'm not saying this is so, but they have been in development for 7 years.

totally looks like they jumped on the wow clone bandwagon way too late. they even went with the cartoony graphics rofl. i wonder if they are aware what happened to swtor...

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

More people need to be aware of those screens...

It looks just like TOR to me, and that isn't a good thing. The Elder Scrolls will be lost in MMO translation...

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Originally posted by Vannor

It looks just like TOR to me, and that isn't a good thing. The Elder Scrolls will be lost in MMO translation...

Where are these screen shots? site has nothing...that i could find and mag isnt out until may 8th, same goes for digital edition...as far as i know...would love to see them though.

i honestly cant wait to see what fanboys will say to defend this one

• escarretaescarreta Member Posts: 99

Omg the game looks exactly like Swtor...Ah right have the same Engine....

• MavekMavek Member Posts: 138

"Another facet of giving players universal access to these powerful defensive capabilities is a moderate break from the traditional tank/healer/damage “holy trinity” of MMOs. Zenimax Online intends for any five reasonably skilled players to be able to form a group capable of clearing most content. In the absence of traditional “aggro” mechanics, where players directly manipulate a target-priority system for the AI, every player has an increased responsibility for their own well-being. Healing is still a big part of the game, and defensively focused characters like shield-wielding fighters have more options to protect their allies than others, but the studio’s goal is to have everything work in a more naturalistic fashion instead of relying on explicit game mechanics like aggro"

Sound Familiar?

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Personally if they do TES MMO like they have done Oblivion and Skyrim I most likely will pass. For single player RPG they are fantastic games for awhile so don’t get me wrong here but for MMORPG the repetitive play of the dungeons become a snore fest.

I played Oblivion for months because I had a goal to close every last oblivion gate before playing out the rest of the story and on top of that explore every dungeon, cave and fort including SI. After 4 months it because the exact repetitive crap over and over that I didn’t even finish the MQ.

Skyrim is great too but again the mechanics of game play and design of the forts, caves and what not are so repetitive you will get sick of them after 3 months.

I loaded up Oblivion awhile back to relive the memories and played a couple days but the long lasting effect to keep playing is just not there.

I see TES MMO as a short stay and not profitable even though at one point I fully supported a TES MMO.

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • MavekMavek Member Posts: 138

Sorry had to post again I found another gem.

"Zenimax Online declined to share details on individual classes, though the studio confirmed that the game is class-based instead of using the free-form character progression of Skyrim. The currently equipped weapon determines the light and heavy attacks that take up the first two slots, players choose another few class abilities they’ve unlocked, and the final slot is taken up by an ultimate ability that can be activated only after building up “finesse.” This is earned by performing well in battle."

Sounds very familiar.  Incoming gw2 clone... oh wait gw2 hasn't been released yet.  Well this is interesting to say the least.  I really don't know where to go from here.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Originally posted by salenger

Originally posted by Vannor

Where are these screen shots? site has nothing...that i could find and mag isnt out until may 8th, same goes for digital edition...as far as i know...would love to see them though.

Press the + icon on the link posted earlier:

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Ok i just saw them, first off we cant judge based on the fact its the same engine as TOR,  nothing wrong with the way it looks.  But as a big TES fan if they create this game as a tab target system with typical hotbars...regardless of how good the content could be i feel it will be the biggest let down of any MMO ever created. 

If they are making a TES MMO...then do it right, dont copy n paste and just hope to make millions of a title other developers have created and led a solid fanbase for years.  I look at those screens and it seems like im looking at Dragon Age 3...like it really looks like that, my GOD....if this game is Tab target trash and no different aside from fluff....i will spam Zenimax with hate mail.

I just dont get why these MMO companies dont push the genre further, reproducing the same old crap is...really getting old, regardless if I love the title or not.

• escarretaescarreta Member Posts: 99
  • MonorossoMonorosso Member Posts: 15

It is hilarious the game has just been announced today and the TC feels the need to give it a verdict already.

This is a major problem with the MMO fanbase.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Read the whole thing.. Sounds good to me and as long as the game runs well I dont mind the graphics either. I like the sound of being able to roam around and happen upon a quest that can be done without having to head to a quest hub all the time.

And the PvP sounds like it has ideas that old DAoC players suggested to Mythic a long time ago like being able to take over farms and such to help your side and not always going head first into a zerg.

• GanatharGanathar Member Posts: 143

Wow, negative comments on a game that we know almost nothing about? I can't believe how much this community likes bashing MMOs. We don't really know about it's combat system and many other features. How can we judge this game so early?

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Ganathar

Wow, negative comments on a game that we know almost nothing about? I can't believe how much this community likes bashing MMOs. We don't really know about it's combat system and many other features. How can we judge this game so early?

Basically it's an extreme deviation from the TES series. It will be missing many mechanics and features that have been pretty much a staple for the series. While on it's own much of what has been said sounds like an interesting MMO it is however not a good fit for TES IP. Anything else basically and you may be seeing praise.

And it's not exactly early, the games been in development since 2007/2008 and is slated for release in 2013, basically a year from now.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Public dungeons, teleporting from waypoint to waypoint, three faction pvp in a dedicated area over predetermined objectives ...

Looks more like GW2 than Swtor to me.

Either way it sucks that it seems to be intended as yet another themepark reinvention.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by DarkPony
    Public dungeons, teleporting from waypoint to waypoint, three faction pvp in a dedicated area over predetermined objectives ...
    Looks more like GW2 than Swtor to me.
    Either way it sucks that it seems to be intended as yet another themepark reinvention.

I didn't know GW2 had Public Dungeons...