Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lack of Orcs

Comments

• bazakbazak Member UncommonPosts: 283

Originally posted by BigHatLogan

Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by garrett

Originally posted by Hauvarn

How can we have WvWvW with no Orcs present.  This baffles me.  Orcs playable race please.  :)

Agreed 100% I love this post...Orcs should be in !!

The Alot have already wiped out the Orcs, and who knows perhaps the Alot will wipe out the trolls as well...

Trolls regenerate, only way to deal with them is fire.  Lots of fire.

wait..... so does that mean we just have to flame them???image???. i hope you dont get banned image

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

Assuming this is not just bait, what is it about Orcs you are missing?

Big, bad, green hulks? Got Ettin and Jotun, the later of which have actually some nice lore attached to them.

Some tribe with Orc culture? Haven't read my latest issue of "At Home with the Orcs", so can't say if there is already a people present that mirrors Orcs. Generally evil, enslaving brutes would again fit the Jotun pretty good.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by BigHatLogan

Originally posted by Alot

The Alot have already wiped out the Orcs, and who knows perhaps the Alot will wipe out the trolls as well...

Trolls regenerate, only way to deal with them is fire.  Lots of fire.

Then we would need a race of Beavis and Buttheads to fight trolls. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Originally posted by Fusion

But we do have Orc (Charr) and Goblins (Asura) and even gay elves (Sylvari)

how is the gnome demographic represented?

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Why have Orcs when we have the CHARR?!?! Orcs are puppy dogs next to the Charr, who have all but wiped out all of human civilization. They're bigger, they're tougher, they're meaner and they're cooler than Orcs ever could be.

On top of that, Thrall is a little pansy compared to Rytlock Brimstone!

Rytlock Brimstone wielding Sohothin

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

Assuming this is not just bait, what is it about Orcs you are missing?

Big, bad, green hulks? Got Ettin and Jotun, the later of which have actually some nice lore attached to them.

Some tribe with Orc culture? Haven't read my latest issue of "At Home with the Orcs", so can't say if there is already a people present that mirrors Orcs. Generally evil, enslaving brutes would again fit the Jotun pretty good.

You should check out the latest issue of "Better Orcs and Goblins".

Oderint, dum metuant.

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220
    To buteo, I miss my green killin machines choppin N slashin. Jotun, what are these? I'm not to big on the lore and I'm not around an actual computer so if you could enlighten me. Also if it's a race are they playable? Right now I don't really know which races are playable in-game I just know that norn seem cool, just not as cool as mah orcs. I guess what I'm trying to say is jotun playable?

Yes I played SWTOR.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Eir_S

Dwarves would be nice, but unless the orcs are like Warhammer orcs, forget it.

You're going to see dwarves.  Wait for it...

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by Unlight

Hehe.  My friend hopes we don't since he's actually impressed by how ANet has left out a lot of the traditional fantasy races in favor of something newer, but I too think dwarves could be more prominent in future content.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Unlight

Hehe.  My friend hopes we don't since he's actually impressed by how ANet has left out a lot of the traditional fantasy races in favor of something newer, but I too think dwarves could be more prominent in future content.

I have a feeling we're going to see dwarf-sign in terms of a short cameo or two in this version of the game.  I'm not sure where I got that impression but something was said by someone, somewhere and I recall the gist of it.  And they won't be the standard fantasy fare either.  Living stone, for the win (just like Gloranthan dwarves).

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

What?

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Krug begs to differ, he even wrote me a letter :)

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220
    I want krug. You think we will ever be able to play something like it in an expansion maybe? I'll admit I don't know much about gw2 except that WvWvW looks awesome.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

I want krug. You think we will ever be able to play something like it in an expansion maybe? I'll admit I don't know much about gw2 except that WvWvW looks awesome.

I only saw Krug and a few friendly Ettins in his immediate vicinity, still the fact that there are some friendly Ettins gives us hope :)

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

play a plant at least their green

• Originally posted by Creslin321

I don't think orcs have ever been in GW2 but really...Charr is an orc-esque race.

There are no orcs in the Guild Wars universe.  Charr are not like orcs.  Charr are cat-like.

They are most like the Kzin from Larry Niven books.  The only thing Charr and orcs may share is agressiveness but by that measure I could claim various human nations in various fantasy settings are orc-like.

• Originally posted by Magnetia

Originally posted by Homitu

The Asura are clearly Dwarves.  

Actually the Dwarves got owned in GW1.

Yeah all the dwarves are gone I think.  It was a somewhat major plot point in Eye of the North.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

If we let the Orcs in, then the spacegoats will want in, if we let them in the Trolls will go nuts and try scaling the fences to get in, then the Elves will pull the MMO history card about every game having elves then we let them in, then the hate Elves trend will start the the world explodes.

It just wouldnt end well...

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Im glad we don't have the tolkien settings 100% as almost all mmo's do.

Charr are superior to taurens and asura to dwarfs.

Plus we have the lovely hippie race Sylvari who hug trees:)

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

How can we have WvWvW with no Orcs present.  This baffles me.  Orcs playable race please.  :)

There are no orcs in swtor either.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Originally posted by Classicstar

Im glad we don't have the tolkien settings 100% as almost all mmo's do.

Charr are superior to taurens and asura to dwarfs.

Plus we have the lovely hippie race Sylvari who hug trees:)

There are dwarves in GW lore tho, they pretty much just all took the Rite and are stone constructs. There is no elves or orcs however and that's always good thing. I wish tho GW2 would also include some of the Nightfall/Factions side of thing later down the road. Would love to revisit Cantha. 

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

no matter what people say .... i always want to be the dwarf

i know they got owned ... but ... PLEEEASSSE let me be the dwarf xD

Originally posted by garrett

Agreed 100% I love this post...Orcs should be in !!

banned for trolling, you'll be getting a message in your inbox soon.

• claytosclaytos Member Posts: 177

Who need orcs when we have badass Norns in armor!

Originally posted by claytos

Who need orcs when we have badass Norns in armor!

Exactly if orcs did exist they would have all been wiped out by the norn..puny orcs.