Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Destroy Your Enemies in May

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Aion players will have a lot to consider as May rolls along with the Broken Alliance event. The Balaur alliance has been shattered and opposing factions are taking advantage of the chaos to take each other on in a battle royale.

Find out more about the PvP bonuses and event happenings on the Aion site.

Click the image below to see a full list of events, bonuses, etc.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

Meh. Tried this game again. Quit within a week. 

The PvP balance is just absolutely atrocious. I get most MMORPGs don't balance around low level, but when a level 28 sorcerer Sorcerer can just run into melee with your level 29 Chanter, you both start hitting each other, and - even with a potion - you are dead before you are even able to get a Sorcerer's damage shield down and deal a single point of damage... it's not an L2P issue. It's a Shitty-Class-Balance issue. 

Combine that with having no PvE leveling alternative after level 25-30 other than spamming instances with no group finder...

... I'm sorry. This is the *wrong* time to do an event like this which will do nothing but showcase how piss poor the lower level class balance is, as the average new player is probably not even level 30 yet in this re-release. 

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I stopped playing because I HAD hoped the Aion devs would realize North Americans don't think getting ganked by players 20 levels over you is fun in the Abyss.(Have they announced the next GW2 beta yet ? )
  • PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

Originally posted by umcorian

Meh. Tried this game again. Quit within a week. 

The PvP balance is just absolutely atrocious. I get most MMORPGs don't balance around low level, but when a level 28 sorcerer Sorcerer can just run into melee with your level 29 Chanter, you both start hitting each other, and - even with a potion - you are dead before you are even able to get a Sorcerer's damage shield down and deal a single point of damage... it's not an L2P issue. It's a Shitty-Class-Balance issue. 

Combine that with having no PvE leveling alternative after level 25-30 other than spamming instances with no group finder...

... I'm sorry. This is the *wrong* time to do an event like this which will do nothing but showcase how piss poor the lower level class balance is, as the average new player is probably not even level 30 yet in this re-release. 

i agree with you.... till level 30 its pretty unbalanced...

but i think that the game becomes more balanced after lvl 30! the sorcere's shield goes down with 1-2 hits and it hard to win as a sorcerer...

• talonkuntalonkun Member Posts: 13
    Lol, we have never ever allied to fight the balaur. The balaur is nothing more than dumb cannon fodders. The top people that thought a 3rd faction controlled by the computer which can mimic the action of a 3rd human faction, obviously does not know how the real world works. I myself am going to The Secret World. Now there's a true 3 faction game for you.

• lastgunstarlastgunstar Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Shadanwolf

I stopped playing because I HAD hoped the Aion devs would realize North Americans don't think getting ganked by players 20 levels over you is fun in the Abyss.(Have they announced the next GW2 beta yet ? )

While I do agree with the whole ganking bit, the Abyss is the equalvalent to an Open PVP area in any MMO. Don't like it? Avoid it. The PVP in this game is forced through the Abyss and Rifts. The Rifts are a much bigger problem IMO. Why is it okay for members of the opposite faction to enter low level zones? I'd understand if the level ranges matched, but the Rifts tend to have a higher cap than the area they open to. 

Either way, the game is free with no real limitations in gameplay. Not much to complain about anymore, I guess.

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243
    yea the game went f2p and only added new server b/c ppl from the other serverr wanted new server for reroll otherwise it would still be only 4 dead server left.  Same grinding quests and boring pve to get pvp points.  Keep siege = pve, nothing has changed.
  • spanthegnomespanthegnome Member Posts: 5
    You must of not using chat to talk to people. There is plenty of spots to level in the 20's and 30's.
  • SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533

The above posters played a pvp game and pvp happened........omg!

Aion is not one of those MMOs that hands you everything just for being there.

If you want something better make yourself strong enough to take it.

This game is not balanced around low-level pvp.

Chanter is a support class, Sorc is the best DPS class. Of couse you lost.

Having a blast myself and I wouldn't call myself a pvp'r.