Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DragonSoul: First Impressions with Ripper X!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Ripper Karate Chops his way into Dragon Soul Online! DragonSoul is developed by Giant Interactive and Neonga AG, and is a free-to-play, downloadable MMORPG with a heavy focus on PvP combat. In a world inspired by Asian mythology, players choose from one of four classes and one of eight kingdoms to aid in its supremacy. Check out DragonSoul Online: First Impressions with Ripper X.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ShizaxxxShizaxxx Member Posts: 86

Have they bought you? Come on.. Okay, they have a panda mount, that's great I guess.. But apart from that, it's just a wow clone. That can be said about many MMORPG's, but this time it's actually justified.. The graphics are the exact same - just try to compare Stranglethorn Vale and this tutorial. I can't tell the difference. It's the same with the ui, even the minimap in the top right corner looks just like the one in wow. And the combat looks just as dull.

Enjoy your panda and 66% discount on gold.

/troll off - Try to be more realistic in your reviews, instead of just being positive about everything.. I thought these first impression videos were ment as a help to us players?

• OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103

Can't describe it better.

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241
    First impression, there are no other players.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by mad-hatter

First impression, there are no other players.

Hehe, I had the same thing.

Anyway, this game looks old. Feels slapped together to *hopefully* make a quick buck.

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

I am just so glad that Ripper X took time off of DJing at Candy Land to make this video.

When you fake a cool "style" like that, it's inherent that there's no substance in what you're saying.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

It looks like a crappy generic F2P Asian MMO that added mounted panda combat. On a side note, I sincerely hope RipperX is only volunteering his time. MMORPG.com would be suckers to have him on payroll.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    STFU Ripper X is awesome.
  • MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636
    I'll take two of whatever pill he popped please.
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Originally posted by Ovum

I love this, think I'm gonna borrow it! :)

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

99% of all the games he covers are total crap. And this one is no exception.

But that being said I watch all his videos. I love his subtle sarcasm, its hilarious.

Thanks for another great video Ripp'a

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Originally posted by grimfall

I am just so glad that Ripper X took time off of DJing at Candy Land to make this video.

When you fake a cool "style" like that, it's inherent that there's no substance in what you're saying.

You sure get jealous easily.  Go back to your craplogging.

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318
    You must give RipperX credit, he makes the best of every situation....and he's our bestest friend in the whole wide world, (I always appreciate that fact!)
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    im still laughing after reading u guys :)
  • wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

let me guess the 4 classes...

warrior, mage, cleric, rogue...along with the asian motto "show some skin and you're in"

bingo!...you now have the 1000th asian mmo

• rainbowkokanrainbowkokan Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Ovum

That about sums it up.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Originally posted by adam_nox

Originally posted by grimfall

You sure get jealous easily.  Go back to your craplogging.

Uhh... he kinda is speaking the truth. RipperX is trying to follow the coattails of people like TotalBiscuit, as well as the mmohut.com first looks, and he's just not any good at it. Mmohut.com has first looks on youtube that are much better.

He sounds entirely too fake with everything he says, and acts overly excited about mediocrity in every video, it seems.