Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Burn Jita Player Event

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Jita is on fire and it is all the fault of EVE Online players who are looking to shake up the universe. The galaxy itself isn't on fire but all of the ships in the sector are as Jita is no longer a safe haven for trade.

"BURN JITA"

For several months now, a coalition of thousands of players have been planning the "Burn Jita" event, aimed at disrupting the biggest trade hub in game in order to wreak some terrific, universe-wide changes by shaking the very pillars of EVE's economy at its metaphorical heart.

Read more about the event on the EVE Online blog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

That's a lot of kills, kinda makes me wonder what the World of Darkness events will look like.

Ah EvE only you can say that disrupting the game is all part of the fun! ^_^

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Heres a game for the gamers and molded by the gamers.
  • sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

shaking the very pillars of EVE's economy

I'm all for ships exploding, but i'm not sure how this effects  mining bots.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

You know, its strange how many people play EVE and don't realize that Jita isn't the only major trade hub.

I'm rather surprised the more astute traders didn't shift their wares to one of the others and avoid all the destruction.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    I dont have the time to invest in Eve Online, but I sure do love to read about the events on the Eve Universe :)
  • MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Originally posted by Kyleran

You know, its strange how many people play EVE and don't realize that Jita isn't the only major trade hub.

I'm rather surprised the more astute traders didn't shift their wares to one of the others and avoid all the destruction.

I think it's more a factor of players getting complacent and forgetting that hi-sec is not completely safe. likely this will happen again after things quiet down for awhile.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Does that 2000 ships destroyed really mean than a couple dozen suicide frigate swarms got smoked by Concord? I unsubbed due to CCP not caring about their player base during monocle-gate, and I've forgotten whether that kill count is pvp or pve and pvp.
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Originally posted by I_Return

I think CCP are going t  be surpried at the level of players who start to ignore the game because of the goon swarm (squad) ability to drive players away frommmorpgs

And yet sub levels have steadily risen over the past 4 or 5 years

• JackyD30JackyD30 Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by Minsc

Originally posted by Kyleran

I think it's more a factor of players getting complacent and forgetting that hi-sec is not completely safe. likely this will happen again after things quiet down for awhile.

It will happen again. Only the next time there won't be an ample warning of 1 month and more. Do not forget we only managed to burn to 1/3 of the ships we built for this event. A cpl lessons were learned and the next burn "insert random trade hub" will happen in an improved fashion with more customer satisfaction.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Originally posted by eric_w66

Does that 2000 ships destroyed really mean than a couple dozen suicide frigate swarms got smoked by Concord? I unsubbed due to CCP not caring about their player base during monocle-gate, and I've forgotten whether that kill count is pvp or pve and pvp.

I believe it's been changed so that if Concord is on your killmail, it will not count.  Might be wrong on that though.

• ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86

Where are the other trade hubs? I regularly to go Jita because its the closest accessible location in a freighter without the traveling time being stupid

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

Originally posted by Unshra

That's a lot of kills, kinda makes me wonder what the World of Darkness events will look like.

Ok thats simple, take one of the small yellow dots now thats the whole server population in a WoW shard. Then quarter that number and thats how many are actualy doing PvP.

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

Originally posted by Christooo

Where are the other trade hubs? I regularly to go Jita because its the closest accessible location in a freighter without the traveling time being stupid

Minmatar trade hub is Rens and Hek

Amar trade hub is Amar

Gallente not sure on this one I hardly visit Gallente space.

• ZheketriZheketri Member UncommonPosts: 23
    More likely took the weekend off, like I did... Then, back to business (with a watchful eye out.)
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910
    Gallente trade hub is Dodoxi :)
  • MystaisMystais Member Posts: 72

Originally posted by RefMinor

Originally posted by I_Return

I think CCP are going t  be surpried at the level of players who start to ignore the game because of the goon swarm (squad) ability to drive players away frommmorpgs

And yet sub levels have steadily risen over the past 4 or 5 years

I would be curious to see if the actual number of new players is going up or just the number of subscriptions per existing player.  Some folks in EVE have a heckuva lot of subs.

Tabletop RPG gaming since Chainmail and D&D was a blue book with some cheap plastic dice and a crayon. MMORPGing since MOOS/MUDS, when forums were just bulletin boards and players actually roleplayed their characters.

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

Originally posted by Mystais

I would be curious to see if the actual number of new players is going up or just the number of subscriptions per existing player.  Some folks in EVE have a heckuva lot of subs.

I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of the increase is single player multiple subs.    I love and Hate EVE, and definitely part of what I hate is the necessity to have multiple accounts running to really get the most of the game experience.    

so far, trumped by the parts of the game that I love, however ;)

Now, let's see if the solo/small fleet style players will get some love.  

Can anyone say "Armor Resistance Shifting Hardener"?   :-D

- A module that give resistance bonus, where the resistance bonus changes over time based on incoming damage

... I totally had this idea btw and posted it on their forums a long time ago and thought no one paid attention.   the movie "The Core" gave me the idea to have the ships in EVE have optional armor plating or hardeners that would adapt or grow stronger based on incoming damage to better negotiate blob attacks when in a solo situation or small fleet.   Kudos CCP!