Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera gets better and better

Comments

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    One thing that got instantly better when ES/Launch happened was the community. I think everyone expected this but on impulse I tabbed over from my custom tab to see for myself... It was still shocking that people were having actual conversations, mature conversations.

I hope TERA stays P2P as long as possible I'd only for the better community.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

I take everything I said back. I just watched the female dance emotes. Thats enough to make any straight dude go limp

ROFL

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• itssantositssantos Member UncommonPosts: 84

OP how dare you have an opinion that does not fulfill the beliefs of everyone else.  

On a serious note. I'm going to play gw2 but if that gets dull for me I think I will make the switch to Tera as everyone who has put in signifigant time has great things to say about the game. Thanks for the post.

• PurgatusPurgatus Member Posts: 342

Wow, you guys have a much more chill forum than the GW2 ones. :)

I hope TERA keeps your interest for years to come!

• PanossianPanossian Member Posts: 94
    This is the same player base who liked Aion rofl, this game will get old just as fast.

Current Game FFXIV (Cactuar)
    Looking for 1 healer for 8 mans.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by itssantos

OP how dare you have an opinion that does not fulfill the beliefs of everyone else.  

On a serious note. I'm going to play gw2 but if that gets dull for me I think I will make the switch to Tera as everyone who has put in signifigant time has great things to say about the game. Thanks for the post.

Well, timewise Tera is coming out tomorrow (3rd May), while GW2 doesn't even have a release date yet (which probably means at least three months into development still).

• itssantositssantos Member UncommonPosts: 84

Originally posted by Xasapis

Originally posted by itssantos

Well, timewise Tera is coming out tomorrow (3rd May), while GW2 doesn't even have a release date yet (which probably means at least three months into development still).

Point taken. Might be a perfect time to give it a shot.

• XithrylXithryl Member UncommonPosts: 256

I have heard the game gets better at/after 20, of course a big problem there is that the game sucks so bad before that, most wont get to that point.

Even knowing that, I couldn't manage to get there, only got to 16... :P I watched videos on these so called BAMs and in all honesty it seems the same as fighting anything, just a bigger target with more health, and some nifty abilities... I still think that comes back to the combat... It's only awesome cause of the combat.

Tera Combat is fun, not gonna deny that, but for some people that isn't enough myself being one of them, the genericness of everything else the game has is a turn off. I'm still on the fence about the game because I'm that bored waiting for GW2 :P but actually purchasing this game and paying for a month or two...idk... maybe I could be convinced :P

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by XiThRyL

I have heard the game gets better at/after 20, of course a big problem there is that the game sucks so bad before that, most wont get to that point.

Even knowing that, I couldn't manage to get there, only got to 16... :P I watched videos on these so called BAMs and in all honesty it seems the same as fighting anything, just a bigger target with more health, and some nifty abilities... I still think that comes back to the combat... It's only awesome cause of the combat.

Tera Combat is fun, not gonna deny that, but for some people that isn't enough myself being one of them, the genericness of everything else the game has is a turn off. I'm still on the fence about the game because I'm that bored waiting for GW2 :P but actually purchasing this game and paying for a month or two...idk... maybe I could be convinced :P

errr convience you or go fight that gaint dragon... well off to the dragon =X

• PurgatusPurgatus Member Posts: 342

This mostly mimcs my feelings. I just wish I could jump into the beta again to push past 20 and experience what people are talking about. I just dont know if I want to buy the game to find out.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Originally posted by RogueTroopa

Gathering is a joy

Wut? 

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by Purgatus

This mostly mimcs my feelings. I just wish I could jump into the beta again to push past 20 and experience what people are talking about. I just dont know if I want to buy the game to find out.

To be frank, I would recommend anyone who's feeling the same as you do to not buy it. That's where all the criticism is coming from. From people who forced themselves to like it but just didn't.

Don't push yourself hard to like something. It just didn't click. :)

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Originally posted by Draemos

Originally posted by RogueTroopa

Gathering is a joy

Wut? 

Gathering also gives you stacking buffs depending on the type of node. Those buffs ( to mana regen for example) lower your downtime, makes questing smoother and ... Oh look another node! It can get addicting.... Oh look! Another node!

I am Reas. And I'm a gathering buff junkie.
  • SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

TERA is a grt game with an action combat that makes pvp and pve grt.

Once u hit lvl 15 u start to get bored cause its all the same but after lvl 20-25 it sure get better cause of the raids big bosses fight and so.

If u have a spare money and want to try a new game dont be afraid to try TERA

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I apparently played a different version of Tera than a lot of you did. The "one" I played was the same ole same ole. The combat was different, but not mind blowing. The game was not a hit in Korea and I can definitely see why. And, you all do realize that the lawsuit from NCsoft isn't over yet. I wouldn't get too comfy...
  • likwidsagelikwidsage Member UncommonPosts: 90

So I read 7 pages of this thread and I have yet to read any "experienced" player state what's different about Tera besides , graphics, reticle and something about crystals instead of a skill tree. Other than that, all I read was "OMG you don't like Tera? Did you even play it yet? GW2 is p2w, but I obviously didn't play it. NCSoft should be scared, even though I'm going to play GW2. And it's so easy to level in Tera. GRINDING is actually fun..." Oh yea and "NCSoft should be scared because of the warm reception it's getting in NA." If Tera is getting warm reception, then GW2 is on fire by the looks of it. 

Also, most people already said that GW2 has the better battle system and PvP while Tera has better graphics and bewbs. 

I played in 5 different betas for Tera and GW2 BWE. Already I like GW2 better, that's just my opinion (backed by the vast majority that is). 

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by likwidsage

So I read 7 pages of this thread and I have yet to read any "experienced" player state what's different about Tera besides , graphics, reticle and something about crystals instead of a skill tree. Other than that, all I read was "OMG you don't like Tera? Did you even play it yet? GW2 is p2w, but I obviously didn't play it. NCSoft should be scared, even though I'm going to play GW2. And it's so easy to level in Tera. GRINDING is actually fun..."

Also, most people already said that GW2 has the better battle system and PvP while Tera has better graphics.

You don't understand... It's different damn it! Soloing BAM's is so fun because of positioning and you have to aim your attacks bro or you're going to get destroyed and the pvp man, the pvp, there's nothing like going to lumberdale and ganking some level 15 newbs! they wh me mad but I just lol at them!

Joke aside the combat is nice :)

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

Tera is a boring game with awesome graphics the gameplay is very good and it feels right but its the same type of mmo, kill mobs to go npc bla bla kill more mobs get items, enter instances kill big bosses for rewards.

The only grinding game i would play atm would be a new Lineage.

But the game is not bad if u never tried you have to try to see if you like it, i tried all of them and i´ve stick with Guildwars 2 and im gonna try now Secret World, but Tera is a good looking mmo.

Trying won´t hurt you.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

So I read 7 pages of this thread and I have yet to read any "experienced" player state what's different about Tera besides , graphics, reticle and something about crystals instead of a skill tree. Other than that, all I read was "OMG you don't like Tera? Did you even play it yet? GW2 is p2w, but I obviously didn't play it. NCSoft should be scared, even though I'm going to play GW2. And it's so easy to level in Tera. GRINDING is actually fun..."

Also, most people already said that GW2 has the better battle system and PvP while Tera has better graphics.

If u want to know the best aspects of TERA imo are 2:

ACTION combat ( watch some videoos and u will see, there is no more clicking on target u aim ur skills and use it )

SOCIAL aspect of it where people can rank up for being good at pvp or just popular amog players for example

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

Originally posted by NBlitz

Here's one person (the OP) who's enjoying himself and people will say anything to bring him down.

Can you imagine a world in which we all liked the same things, felt and thought the same?

don't talk nonsence, that would be weird and boring ;)

OP: glad your liking the game buddy, i am really starting to regret not playing the Tera beta now. Hearing allot of positive feedback :)

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Didn't like it, no surprise there.  What I truly found amusing was all of the rampant back patting and self encouragement in general chat.  As if people needed to convince themselves this was the best game they've ever played.

P.S. The action combat is a bit misleading as every single melee / spell ability, roots you in place as you use it.

• likwidsagelikwidsage Member UncommonPosts: 90

Originally posted by SoulOfRaziel

If u want to know the best aspects of TERA imo are 2:

ACTION combat ( watch some videoos and u will see, there is no more clicking on target u aim ur skills and use it )

SOCIAL aspect of it where people can rank up for being good at pvp or just popular amog players for example

Reticle and ...? People are always ranked for being good at PvP ... not because of connections. There is no system that take all your relationships to different people and ranks you...

Like I said, doesn't seem anyone is able to describe what's different about it. 

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

bought tera and playing it as well and having fun so far, seems like a decent placeholder till gw2.

The only downside for me is that there is no artistic style to the graphics, game is strong but it lakcs the art style imo, and not being able to atk while running except auto targets is a kinda lame :D

• MakavwMakavw Member Posts: 1

Heya I am about to buy tera. But i need to know something first.

Can anyone please test out if it is possible to rebind hotbar (1,2,3,4,f1,f2..) on numpad and directional arrowS?

I am a lefty so I play all my games on that , thanks :)

• oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863

A friend let me roll a character while she had things to do... Anyway, I only played the level 20 introduction part and immediately logged after going back to level 1...  The graphics for a mmorpg were very good, but Personally, I think the combat is atrocious.. You have to press the F1-F5 keys, number 1-5 keys to perform abilities, not  to mention hit alt when you want to use the cursor every freakin time! In my opinion, it just feels weird.. And then you get to spam left click for regular attacks and hit right click to roll away from being hit... It feels as if I'm trying to play a fighting game on the keyboard and mouse?!?  I mean, how awkward, strange, weird, and ridiculous is that??  Would one prefer to play a game like Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Street Fighter, Soul Caliber etc, on a keyboard and mouse or with a proper game controller??? 

So, why does Tera want to be a "action" based MMORPG game on the pc?? You will need to go out and buy a gaming controller because there's no way it's fun to play it on a keyboard and mouse,, UNLESS you have the opportunity to tweak the ui so it actually plays like a,,, pc based mmorpg...  Cuz if you can't modify this, then it just doesn't make sense for anyone to play it on the keyboard and mouse... 

Constantly spamming Left click, right click, the F1-F5 keys, as well as the number 1-5 buttons and alt with tab repeatedly over and over again is absolutely absurd, ridiculous and straight up retarded in a mmorpg.. Flame me if you will but no one can seriously say they like this and think its,,, fun., lol..

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)