Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Launch Day Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment has released the official day of release trailer for TERA. The new video celebrates the launch of TERA on May 1st.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    More Tera the Better.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Thats a very nice trailer.
  • IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    [mod edit[
  • FierytexFierytex Member Posts: 20

I tried it and canceled sub immediately.  Hated it.  The non-use of standard movement UI is crazy.  Made it an instant loser for me.  Just my personal opinion, but i don't see why developers don't use what has become standard movement and panning etc...

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Fierytex

I tried it and canceled sub immediately.  Hated it.  The non-use of standard movement UI is crazy.  Made it an instant loser for me.  Just my personal opinion, but i don't see why developers don't use what has become standard movement and panning etc...

wat?  Game has standard movement and the ui is very customizable, what are you talking about?

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

[mod edit]
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

[mod edit]

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

[mod edit]
  • superpatasuperpata Member UncommonPosts: 190

Back on topic, very nice trailer:)

• SpardaXSpardaX Member Posts: 46
    People always find reasons to not play the game, you dont like it dont play it, ye there are 8 year old kids with bunny ears, it is a problem for you? well you should get checked in the hospital that could get in a serious problem, you dont like the raccon? well its a fantasy world get over it, you dont like the combat? go play turn based or simply any other mmo with click skill based combat, any more complains great dont play it, the game wasnt made for you go play anything else, there's alot of choice in the mmo world so have fun. :) and nice trailer ^^
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    [mod edit]
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Epic trailer

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    now that is how you do a trailer.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I was in beta, and early on I wanted to buy this. But later on they raised the difficulty so the mobs make their special attacks way more often, and it just wasn't relaxing anymore, and too much of a hassle with constant blocking, circling and dodging. It was ok at first, but just too uncool later with the raised speed of combat. *shrug*

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Well, they did that because the general concensus was that the game was a bit too easy, especially the starter island. It still is imo, and I'm nothing special mind you.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by Xasapis

Well, they did that because the general concensus was that the game was a bit too easy, especially the starter island. It still is imo, and I'm nothing special mind you.

It's all a matter of taste, but good luck getting and keeping  the casual crowd with harsh combat.  As we all know, most MMO games have a difficult time staying in business when they cater primarily to the hardcore crowd.  Let's face it, there aren't nearly enough of you spaz monkies to go around, heh.

Can't say that the MMO industry has done a good job in trying to entice FPS / Console type gamers into the genre, so they really should pony up to the people who will support them.

• EuphieEuphie Member Posts: 1

Harsh combat? D:

I do not think it could be simplified any further or they would risk losing many more subs than the small percentage that would find it too difficult.

I am loving this game, I really hope that the difficulty is not lowered or it would be too easy. I am not some hardcore gamer but I think it is in a really good place. Anyway, to each his own. I would personally rather be aware and act accordingly than tab target spam to win, that is for sure. You get used to the quicker specials they do now, it is far more rewarding too. c:

I am not a fangirl, not going to talk this game up. I will let the game speak for itself, I find it really enjoyable. Hope to see you in game!

EDIT: Totally forgot to mention anything about the trailer, hit enter without thinking. They have many different trailers for this game, this one is well put-together but not my favorite. If there is one thing I would change about this game, it would be the voice acting. I think they could have done a better job with it.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Guys, please comment on the trailer and the game in general and don't hijack it for yet another discussion about the Elin. If you'd like to discuss that, take it to the TERA forum and do so civilly.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Originally posted by Elikal

I was in beta, and early on I wanted to buy this. But later on they raised the difficulty so the mobs make their special attacks way more often, and it just wasn't relaxing anymore, and too much of a hassle with constant blocking, circling and dodging. It was ok at first, but just too uncool later with the raised speed of combat. *shrug*

There's an easy way to get over this. Instead of killing same or higher level monsters, always over-level the area you're in a bit, and you won't have to pay much attention to what you do.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    In the video it says: Ever Changing Endgame...can anyone elaborate exactly how it's everchanging?

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I don't think the trailer does the game justice, not really been that keen on any of the trailers but the game is great so I forgive them. 
  • LeviathonlxLeviathonlx Member Posts: 135

Originally posted by marz.at.play

In the video it says: Ever Changing Endgame...can anyone elaborate exactly how it's everchanging?

By not existing. :p

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Nice trailer.

I don't get it. I'm not even very hardcore in these games (or even very good some may say) and I don't find the combat harsh except some of the BAMs , dungeon mobs and bosses. Which is as it should be right?.  Sure there are standard mobs that can surprise you and take your health down to a small amount but this usually means you should have "zigged" instead of "zagged". I actually find it refreshing to fight a basic mob (or mob and crowd of mini-mobs) and have my health bar go down a noticeable measure.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552
    This trailer is very good! I love the cinematics in this game. They really all tie together and make you feel very much a part of the world as a true hero. So fun :P
  • emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Game is top drawer, its not fully appreciated until higher lvls although the fun starts straight away.