Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forbes magazine article - GW2 beta impressions from a non-mmoer

Comments

• vaeiouvaeiou Member Posts: 39
    It's nice to see how non-MMO gamers appreciate Guild Wars 2 for what it is.  It seems like she came in with a set of negative expecations from previous MMO experiences, and came out pleasantly surprised :-)

League of Legends | Guild Wars 2
    Follow me at:
    mostlygamingblog
    Twitter

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Nice read, thanks for the link! :)
  • MeleagarMeleagar Member Posts: 407

It sounds like she came in with reasonably negative expectations based on some prior MMO experience, and found that because of the various game design mechanics in GW2 (and the art direction/style), she found herself - surprisingly - enjoying it.

Which, I think, bodes well for the idea that GW2 can attract a whole new segment of the game-playing population that previously avoided MMOGs based on experience with WoW and WoW-clones.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I think what I got mostly from this is that even MMO players like the ability to choose, with no commitment. The way events are designed is awesome. Overall, I do believe GW2 may change the direction of future MMOs, if not in a minor way, then a major way.

• MisterpuppyMisterpuppy Member Posts: 18
    Nice review. Thanks. But I get my information from gaming sites like this one. Not from stock market rags.

Don't be a Menace to MMORPG While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Agree with all points above.

As Anet said in the manifesto video, if you like MMOs you should check out GW2, and if you HATE MMOs you should REALLY check out GW2.

Between the casual, friendly, cooperative approach to PvE in all aspects of game systems and the no subscription cost payment model with optional item shop (very popular in casual games like Facebook games or MOBA's) I really do think GW2 is poised to take the gaming world by storm.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Originally posted by Misterpuppy

Nice review. Thanks. But I get my information from gaming sites like this one. Not from stock market rags.

So you got this info link at this site correct?

You read and understood the title of the post or did you miss that?

2 sentences and 2 contradictions.

Think about things and reflect on them prior to posting.

I want you to have an enjoyable time here and at this rate I don't think it is going to work out too well.

• GamerToonsGamerToons Member Posts: 30
    My friend and I (who never played MMOs before) had a blast this last weekend. She now wants to buy the game when it comes out.
  • MisterpuppyMisterpuppy Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by Saxx0n

I want you to have an enjoyable time here and at this rate I don't think it is going to work out too well.

"You" want me to have an enjoyable time here? That sounds very possessory. You are just like the rest of us. Nothing new. Nothing special. Just like the thousands  before and  after you.  Get over yorself. Pretty colors though.

Don't be a Menace to MMORPG While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Originally posted by Saxx0n

"You" want me to have an enjoyable time here? That sounds very possessory. You are just like the rest of us. Nothing new. Nothing special. Just like the thousands  before and  after you.  Get over yorself. Pretty colors though.

Exactly what I thought of your post but was trying to be polite.

edit - public service announcement is over now back to topic.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    This is a game built for those who either don't like the Wow MMO model or havn't played MMOs but love role playing games.