Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I Buy A Instant Max Level Avatar In The Cash Shop?

MARTYB2KMARTYB2K Member Posts: 167
It would be great if you can buy a instant level boost in the Cash Shop. I'd be willing to pay over $100 for this. I find it boring levelling in MMOs, i just like the End Game and Exploring without having to avoid Mobs.

Comments

• VeshiVeshi Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Even at max lvl you would not be able to "1 Shot" lvl 1 mobs as you are down leveled to match the mobs in the area. Lvl 5 mobs could still kill you at Lvl 80 if you suck, which you would if you just bought a character and didnt know how to play.

• MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143
    This kinda suggestion trends to make people angry.
  • SIRKRASIRKRA Member UncommonPosts: 66
    there's really no point in this
  • MARTYB2KMARTYB2K Member Posts: 167
    I just think it would be a good idea, maybe down the line. I recently paid to unlock all the weapons in BF3. It made me start playing the game again.
  • ThemehosptalThemehosptal Member Posts: 48
    fuck humanity.
  • Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767
    tell u what, tell me what character you want and ill do it in 2 weeks for 500 euros

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• greenie224greenie224 Member Posts: 37
    OP is obviously trolling :p

"I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"-Voltaire

• DragohrDragohr Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by Veshi

Even at max lvl you would not be able to "1 Shot" lvl 1 mobs as you are down leveled to match the mobs in the area. Lvl 5 mobs could still kill you at Lvl 80 if you suck, which you would if you just bought a character and didnt know how to play.

Are you serious? I havent cared about GW2 so havent read about it.. So there are no levels only artistic numbers showing how long you played?

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

Originally posted by Fir3line

tell u what, tell me what character you want and ill do it in 2 weeks for 500 euros

exactly.

in every game theres always people doing that.  OP will be just fine.

i seriously doubt this will be the first MMO in history where one cannot pay to have a max level character.

Originally posted by greenie224

OP is obviously trolling :p

There on to me. ;)

No seriously, the point i'm trying to get across in this post is... where do AreaNet draw the line on what's available? Also if things are not going too well, ie money needed we could easily see these purchases introduced to draw in revenue.

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

Originally posted by Dragohr

Are you serious? I havent cared about GW2 so havent read about it.. So there are no levels only artistic numbers showing how long you played?

Almost, yeah.

They kept levels in because ppl need some direction, look at GW1, u can reach lvl 20 in a day, and still have the whole game to play.

In GW2 you can get better gear and all that, but if u go to a lower lvl zone you are downscaled to the zone level, making the whole game open at endgame

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

No you are mistaken.

Taken from GW2 Wiki

Dynamic level adjustment alters the level and attributes of a character based on the area they are in. For example, a level 50 character (their real level) in a level 10 area will have their attributes reduced roughly to those of a level 10 character (their effective level).

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by Amjoco

No you are mistaken.

Taken from GW2 Wiki

Dynamic level adjustment alters the level and attributes of a character based on the area they are in. For example, a level 50 character (their real level) in a level 10 area will have their attributes reduced roughly to those of a level 10 character (their effective level).

Actually taken from the wiki you just linke he is not mistaken.

Which is fine really. It's a novel approach to the mentoring system of other mmorpgs and something that could potentially keep all areas of an mmorpg relevant throughout the game.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    that must be the laziest gamer i have ever seen :P
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570
    I know, I'll buy a game, then pay hundereds extra to not have to play it.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

Originally posted by timeraider

No, im just currently playing now or very soon:

GT 5

Uncharted 3

WOW Beta

FIFA 12

Max Payne 3

Diablo 3

BF 3

+ 20 Games on the iPad.

Not enough hours in the day. :)

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Leveling service seam to be quiet popular though, and a lot of people buy old accounts for this kind of money for that same reason too. Now should Anet offer this? i don't think so. Ye probably buy an old account from ebay, that would be my best advise for you OP.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Originally posted by MARTYB2K

It would be great if you can buy a instant level boost in the Cash Shop. I'd be willing to pay over $100 for this. I find it boring levelling in MMOs, i just like the End Game and Exploring without having to avoid Mobs.

Not in PVE but i think it is possible to start with max lvl character in PVP.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

Even if you could by it - it would be off no use to you- because you would be down leveled to match that area you are in, and you would NOT be able to walk through, but still have to avoid mobs. (it also gives an idea why they can state that endgame starts at lvl 1)

But offcause if you want to PvP you the max level is free. you don't even have to buy it

I just like it- whan even cashshop addickted can't get their fix to work from GW2 cashshop, the cashshop can't be that bad 

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

There are many of those out there, specially in the latest generation.

GT 5

Uncharted 3

WOW Beta

FIFA 12

Max Payne 3

Diablo 3

BF 3

+ 20 Games on the iPad.

And you still find time to work and earn money to play for all those games, I'm impressed ;-)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• DragohrDragohr Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by Amjoco

No you are mistaken.

Taken from GW2 Wiki

In other words, thes no character progression and everyone is the same everywhere

In other words, thes no character progression and everyone is the same everywhere

Nope. A 80 downgraded to (e.g.) level 5 will still have better gear and all his secondary abilities and trait lines unlocked. He will do better than a real level 5, but without being overpowered, there will still be danger for him too.

Which makes sense if you think about it... the wolf who bite your ass at level 5 remains a wolf when you hit level 80. You got better at combat so you have a minor advantage, but the wolf is still able to bite a part of you off eventually... just like a 10 year old kid can perfectly stab a grown up adult kung fu master in the back and eventually kill him.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• KedoremosKedoremos Member UncommonPosts: 432

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

There are many of those out there, specially in the latest generation.

GT 5

Uncharted 3

WOW Beta

FIFA 12

Max Payne 3

Diablo 3

BF 3

+ 20 Games on the iPad.

And you still find time to work and earn money to play for all those games, I'm impressed ;-)

So you're saying that generation N-1 work harder and are less lazy than generation N?

Ask your parents what they think about your generation. Ask your grandparents what they think about your parent's generation.

But if they're smart and do even a modicum of introspection, they'll understand just how much of a lie generationism is.

Life of an MMORPG "addict"
    For 7 years, proving that if you quote "fuck" you won't get banned.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

you're too lazy to play a video game? /sigh

Originally posted by kedoremos

So you're saying that generation N-1 work harder and are less lazy than generation N?

Ask your parents what they think about your generation. Ask your grandparents what they think about your parent's generation.

But if they're smart and do even a modicum of introspection, they'll understand just how much of a lie generationism is.

Everything I witness confirms that this generation is lazier and more "hand me everything on a silver plater" than mine. I'm lucky enough to have one of my parents still alive (my mother, her age is not your business of course) and she thinks the same. And I think the slap in the face will happen approx. in 2050, when the oil reserves of the whole planet will get rare and everybody will have to change his way of life or succumb. That's the generation that will suffer for the current generation's lack of care and lazyness.

But that's out of topic, so that will be my last answer about this :)

EDIT: oh, and to make it clear, that's not a generalization either. Many of the actual generation are actually courageous and work hard. There are just more lazy ones among them than before, more focused on "self entitlement". This actually makes the merits of those who don't fall for that easy way of life even greater :)

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !