Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 then what?

When it comes to mmos I am an unintentional materiaist.  To me what that means is that I am quick to acknowledge tiny little flaws that overwhelmingly distract me in games I play. This leads to me always being on the look out for the next BIG thing. (fortunately this seems to be the only area of my life like this) :)

So as we approach the eventual release of GW2, TSW and todays TERA, what next?

I cant be the only girl who has spent a night scouring forums for information on these games because I am to distracted by "what could be" in the existing pile xrats. So whats next?

Maybe Im jumping the gun, but really quick our hopes will pan out and some will be happy and some will be scorned. Wht then?  What game is set to tke the #1 spot on the hype meter from GW2?

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

Comments

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

Originally posted by lectrocuda

When it comes to mmos I am an unintentional materiaist.  To me what that means is that I am quick to acknowledge tiny little flaws that overwhelmingly distract me in games I play. This leads to me always being on the look out for the next BIG thing. (fortunately this seems to be the only area of my life like this) :)

I cant be the only girl who has spent a night scouring forums for information on these games because I am to distracted by "what could be" in the existing pile xrats. So whats next?

Maybe Im jumping the gun, but really quick our hopes will pan out and some will be happy and some will be scorned. Wht then?  What game is set to tke the #1 spot on the hype meter from GW2?

Planetside 2. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• Stealthman06Stealthman06 Member UncommonPosts: 35

Real Life Online, I heard it has fancy graphics.

MMORPG Forums: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Cleveland Indians Major League Baseball
  • MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336
    Titan

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I've spent too much time wondering and waiting for anticipated titles.  Once GW2 comes out, I'm just going to play it.  No forums or looking at other MMOs for a few years.  I deserve a break lol
  • grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Originally posted by Stealthman06

Although the end game is lame.  Feels to much like having a job.

• Stealthman06Stealthman06 Member UncommonPosts: 35

Originally posted by grapevine

Originally posted by Stealthman06

Although the end game is lame.  Feels to much like having a job.

Jokes aside.

If someone is already looking for the next game, to replace the one they have not even been playing yet because it is not released.

It just might be the right time to take a little break from gaming and see how that works out.

MMORPG Forums: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

I think TSW will ramp up the hype as we get closer to launch, although they are running out of time!!

Once thats out of the way GW2 will be the hot thing again until it launches.

After that it will be Planetside 2 probably.

BUT

If Archage gets an NA publisher all bets are off!!!!

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Next year will we discuss upcomming games like WoDO, AA, Class 4 and Copernicus.

Copernicus will be the more traditional game alá Rift and TOR. AA and WodO will be the sandboxes and Class 4 the odd B2P game with action based combat (and the most interesting dev team).

You might not have heard so much about them yet and all of them probably wont make it big but we will talk a lot about them.

The game Zenimax/Bethesda is making and Titan will also be discussed but they are probably further off in the future and will get more talk 2 years from now.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by stragen001

I think TSW will ramp up the hype as we get closer to launch, although they are running out of time!!

BUT

Even if it does it will be released a lot later than TSW, GW2 and PS2 so the real hype will be a year later.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by stragen001

BUT

Ramping up the hype for TSW will not help.. that game is terrible which is sad because they had a great idea, great world setting and then turned it into a steaming pile >.< I really don;t know how Funcom made a bad looking game after how nice AoC looked but thats just the beginning of the problems the game has.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    GW2 Expansion.
  • dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Planetside 2.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Yeah, honestly I'm going to be all over Planetside 2.
  • rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430
    one step at a time, finished GW2 beta weekend, now, I'm awaiting for May 11th to play in the TSW beta weekend, then? I don't know yet...
  • NoxxioNoxxio Member Posts: 1

Have you guys heard of Blade & Soul? it's still in CBT but it's gonna be great when it opens.

it's also gonna be made by NCSoft

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
    Neverwinter, Phantasy Star Online 2 :)
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    The Repopulation and Dominus come to mind as interesting and upcoming games.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

The Repopulation and Dominus come to mind as interesting and upcoming games.

too bad that  Pitchblack Decided to shut down Dominus...

@Dominus forum..It is with a heavy heart that I have to say goodbye, or at least goodbye for now. We simply cannot deliver the game you deserve with the resources we have. We never quit trying, even when hope faded, because you - our community - kept us inspired. 

There is a market for a game like this one. Thank you for proving it. I hope to see you again.

This forum is being switched to read-only, effective immediately. I have permission to keep the Facebook page open long enough for goodbyes, and I will hang out there (as a volunteer, not an employee) for a few days.

I am so sorry, y'all. I've been intentionally quiet, but I was hoping to get loud again. I will miss you all, and I know we'll meet again.