Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you are cancelling subscriptions now?

VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Always wanted to try a poll, so let's see if I can avoid screwing it up.

Based on your experiences with the beta, how many of you have decided the time is right to drop subscriptions to other games for various reasons?

Oderint, dum metuant.

Comments

• maskmurdamaskmurda Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Another pointless thread.

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

Will keep subbing swtor, keep playing lotro with my lifetime account while play GW2.

Got enough time to play all of them at the moment

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by maskmurda

You worried?

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    All my subs were already cancelled before the event. Didn't have money to pay for subs seeing as I'm only a student.

This is not a game.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by maskmurda

Eh.  It's no more pointless than the TWO threads I've seen asking if people were cancelling GW2 preorders.

As for my answer, I chose Yes but only until release.  WoW may not have the spark it used to, and I don't intend to buy MoP, but I can still have some fun here and there with friends.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    GW2 isn't out yet and might not be out until the end of the year for all we know, seems a bit silly to cancel a sub now to a game people play just because GW2 will be here.. some day.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by Kabaal

GW2 isn't out yet and might not be out until the end of the year for all we know, seems a bit silly to cancel a sub now to a game people play just because GW2 will be here.. some day.

Very true, thats why I'm keeping one sub for a while.. but once MoP comes out everyone's going to be blowing by me into new content and I'll get bored.  There's always my extensive library of Steam games....

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Originally posted by Kabaal

That may be true, but after the betas I've lost the will to do any other MMOs. I can't bring myself anymore to having to fight against other people for kills and resources instead of with them. I want the content in the world to mean something now instead of only when some guy with a "!" tells me to pretend it means something. I can't imagine any more leaving my health purely in the hands of someone else. I don't want combat with optimal rotations measure with meters anymore. I don't want unwelcome PvP... when I'm ready for PvP everyone else better damn well know it and be ready too.

I'm happier waiting than doing what I really don't enjoy anymore. Plus, it saves a little loot too.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    I'm planning to give TSW a shot and see which game hooks me the most.  Already pre-ordered it, and looking forward to a beta event.  I'll play both games until i decide to settle into one for a while.  I generally only have time for one MMO in my life, as a casual player, and I will play it for a very long time.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392

Haven't had a subscription since I cancelled my Rift sub 3 months after launch.

Further than that I'm completely off games at the moment apart from playing the BWE, although I keep having a go at Towns every now and then to see if I can manage to keep my villagers alive :)

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by MindTrigger

I'm planning to give TSW a shot and see which game hooks me the most.  Already pre-ordered it, and looking forward to a beta event.  I'll play both games until i decide to settle into one for a while.  I generally only have time for one MMO in my life, as a casual player, and I will play it for a very long time.

=P be prepared to be angry at how bad it is

on topic you needed an option for I stopped paying subs a while ago. I stopped playing WoW a year ago because it killed itself and I knew other and better games were on the way.. after seeing and playing all of them only GW2 makes me happy I did. SWTOR, Tera, TSW all failed to deliver a better product and luckily for me I didn't lose any money on finding out but I know many did :(

ok that got a LIL offtopic again at the end but yea >.< need more options as this is a bit onesided of a poll

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

Subbing? I have never done that.

Originally posted by ariboersma

Originally posted by MindTrigger

=P be prepared to be angry at how bad it is

on topic you needed an option for I stopped paying subs a while ago. I stopped playing WoW a year ago because it killed itself and I knew other and better games were on the way.. after seeing and playing all of them only GW2 makes me happy I did. SWTOR, Tera, TSW all failed to deliver a better product and luckily for me I didn't lose any money on finding out but I know many did :(

ok that got a LIL offtopic again at the end but yea >.< need more options as this is a bit onesided of a poll

You're right, and I can't fix it now either. I guess "just peeking" will have to do, my bad. First poll, I'll get it figured out.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ScarlyngScarlyng Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Wasn't the pre-purchase required for BWE access non-refundable?

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    cancelling my mmorpg.com sub immediately.
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Cancelled my subs, but not because of GW2. I did for D3.
  • DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

There is already a thread on this topic.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.