Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Biobreak "30 things about Guild Wars 2?s beta weekend"

Comments

• DamzillaDamzilla MostarPosts: 175Member
    It was a nice list. Since I wasn't in Beta I read as much of these articles as I can. He seemed really positive about the game, and seemed like he enjoyed it, give or take a few details.
  • AIMonsterAIMonster Apopka, FLPosts: 2,059Member

It's a good list, but I'm going to nitpick two of the items on the list.

14. Rewards from events are… meh.  I really wish that you got a piece of loot in addition to the karma/XP/coin gain.  Most public quests in other MMOs do so, why not here?

Because the reward is karma which you can use to spend on whatever you like.  Why get handed a piece of loot you cannot use or a sidegrade at best?  The epic events (like Shadow Behemoth) do reward loot too.

29. The personal story is nice, but I found myself wanting choices in it a la SWTOR.  ‘Nuff said.

I wonder how many levels this person actually played.  The stories do give you choices and unlike SWTOR they actually effect what branches in the story you get.  Doing Human/Noble/Orphan I was presented with 2 seperate sets of story choices in the beta one which completely changed the next story mission you get.

Raptr link because it's the cool new trend:

• SunthasSunthas Boise, IDPosts: 27Member

I played Human/Commoner/DeadSister/Dwayna

I also noticed other choices later in the storyline which presumably had an impact ( I played all available story missions in the weekend currently ending at about level 20, with a note saying it will continue at launch).