Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you are canceling your pre-orders?

Comments

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by Scypheroth

Originally posted by freston

Originally posted by lokiboard

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Originally posted by Charlizzard

Oh boy, this thread is going to turn out so well.

And out of curiosity OP, since you're clearly a fan of SWTOR, why did you make this post?

Well, let's be fair, this thread has at least one use... it should that 1 poster out of 4 here didn't even play the game and is talking out of the wrong orifice when pretending it's crap (except maybe 2 or 3 people who happen to be in closed beta of course).

Oh, and you can't cancel the pre-purchase (it's not a pre-order). So the whole thread is pointless anyway.

Originally posted by warmaster670

Every hater here is going to have "cancelled their preorder".

Theres always hundreds of people that never preordered a game that magically cancel non existent preorders when their whiney.

And this of course. I'm actually surprised the moderators allowed this thread to go on. It's based on a false premise (that you can cancel a pre-purchase) and can do no good except stirring the pot.

You can pre-order this game at gamestop and not pre-purchase.......I also cancelled my pre-order to SWTOR to upgrade so, yeah, you can cancell your gamestop PRE_ORDER.  BTW I have friends that swap accts all the time....Anyone could have DLed it and let their friends try it out ...Quit with the attempts to call people liars.......I'm going to go play my friends EVE acct. now......Have a nice day!

Ooops touchy, arent we? Enjoy Eve.

i once watched a guy play eve...felt liek i was in math class...horrible game

^^^ I've never seen the attraction to that game tbh.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by jacklo

Originally posted by daniel!!!

And out of curiosity OP, since you're clearly a fan of SWTOR, why did you make this post?

this^^

I can't tell you the reason why he made the post, but on viewing the results I don't think it went to plan.

Only 5% cancelling says everything you need to know.

Yes, and of that 5%  my guess is 1% - 2% are not even telling the truth, and perhaps 1-2% more won't be able to cancel anyway. But you are right, the OP now has a fairly accurate pie to the face.

edit:spelling

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Originally posted by Amjoco

this^^

I can't tell you the reason why he made the post, but on viewing the results I don't think it went to plan.

Yes, and of that 5%  my guess is 1% - 2% are not even telling the truth, and perhaps 1-2% more won't be able to cancel anyway. But you are right, the OP now has a fairly accurate pie to the face.

Yeah, the fun part of this poll as that its original intent totally failed. The poster hoped to get massive support, notably from the trolls who didn't even play GW2 yet but are always happy to downvote the game. Result? 5.7%, among which of course you have the forementionned trolls.

If anything, this means this game has a tremendously positive feedback after the first public (without NDA) beta week end.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

this^^

Yeah, the fun part of this poll as that its original intent totally failed. The poster hoped to get massive support, notably from the trolls who didn't even play GW2 yet but are always happy to downvote the game. Result? 5.7%, among which of course you have the forementionned trolls.

If anything, this means this game has a tremendously positive feedback after the first public (without NDA) beta week end.

Ding Ding Ding Ding!

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

I would have to disagree with this statement.  SWTOR clearly doesn't have fans. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by Hopscotch73

Pre-purchased, and don't regret it in the least, so wouldn't even try to cancel.

Poll is rather heavy on the negative bias there too.

I've spent the same amount of money on terrible games (admittedly not without a release date) and have had to shrug it off. The fact that I enjoyed myself over the weekend and am looking forward to the next BWE means the investment ahead of time was worth it.

Oh, hey, I remember you from earlier threads.  Cool that you managed to enjoy your time in the beta.

Most of the people who were decidedly neutral or even very studiously cautious about the game seem to have gotten a pretty good impression, and that's good.

Yeah, I'm keeping track of people whose opinions I think are worth something and seeing what they say, haha.

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

Originally posted by BigHatLogan

I would have to disagree with this statement.  SWTOR clearly doesn't have fans. 

Oooh snap.

• N1njaPwnStarN1njaPwnStar Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by Aerowyn

why cancel? game is freaking incredible.. honestly only issues I had were not being able to login till saturday evening due to server issues.. game is just to much fun and no monthly sub to boot 

agree. cant wait for the next beta! still can pick a class.. ele/necro/ranger.. even after playin beta i cant pick one :P

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Yeah, I canceled.  After all the game has a release date, and its not like it wasn't the very first beta event. image

You guessed it, I didn't cancel.  Not that I can, as I have the pre-purchase.  Although seriously, what's the point in canceling so soon?

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

Originally posted by almalexius

I'll order when they finally come with that launchdate.

I was thinking that too. No hurry. And then I saw some live streams of WvW. I think I'd rather play sooner than later so I am going to pre-purchase now.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    why would i cancel? guild wars 2 is the best mmo i've played and it has no subscription fee..how can you lose.
  • Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Originally posted by Meowhead

Oh, hey, I remember you from earlier threads.  Cool that you managed to enjoy your time in the beta.

Most of the people who were decidedly neutral or even very studiously cautious about the game seem to have gotten a pretty good impression, and that's good.

Yeah, I'm keeping track of people whose opinions I think are worth something and seeing what they say, haha.

I'm genuinely flattered that you think my opinion is worth something, I value it at the stanard 2 copper myself.

To be fair, I was increasingly skeptical as time wore on with GW2, and the hype reached levels of silliness ("No official forums? Great! No-one will ever need support!" etc.) that I'd never seen before. I always intended to buy the game and just did it sooner rather than later because I wanted to see for myself what I thought - minus the hype.

Had to work a lot last weekend and only got a full day's worth of play out of it, so I'm hoping I get more play next BWE and can try out some of the things I didn't touch like crafting and WvWvW - incidentally, I really enjoyed your write-up on the crafting in another thread.  Made me want to try it out more!

I got furthest into the game on a Norn Gladiator and I loved the freedom of exploration most of all. It's what I miss most in playing many of the more recent games, even the ones that let you explore don't often squirrel away content off the beaten path, and certainly not to the extent I found last weekend.  I logged in after 13 hours at work on Friday and was all "What the heck is going on?!" then realized I was exhausted and cranky, and left it til Sunday to give it a fairer shake. I'm glad I did.

I'm also glad I didn't prematurely shoot my mouth off about it based on Friday night image  !

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174

Originally posted by GamerFun

Originally posted by Jakard

Already canceled, played the beta. HUGE DISSAPPOINTEMNT. Dull and stail just like the rest of the MMO's made these days.

Just curious why you would pre-purchase an mmo if they are dull and stail? I'm not flaming but I would like to consider it a learning answer! :D

I think his point was that with all the hype surrounding the game, he expected the game to break more new ground than it actually does. I haven't played the beta but if you read the forums pre-beta, everybody made it sound like this was going to change MMOs forever and it seems like he's just disappointed that it didn't live up to that aspect.

Well said. You are 100% correct. It's nothing new, same ol same ol. I'm not even going to waste my time playing because its not what everyone said it would be.

Nothing New Same ol same ol? Same ol same ol would be gear grind to max level followed by dungeon and raid runs as primary endgame and god awful PVP. This was not that. Either your willfully ignorant, trolling or simply straight up lying. I am fine with people not liking it, its a game its not for everyone but don't straight up lie about it. You stink of fear.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I, for one, cannot wait for release. I loved it and want some more of it!
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Already canceled, played the beta. HUGE DISSAPPOINTEMNT. Dull and stail just like the rest of the MMO's made these days.

Just curious why you would pre-purchase an mmo if they are dull and stail? I'm not flaming but I would like to consider it a learning answer! :D

To try it in hope that it's NOT something "dull and stale"?  I don't see a conflict in that.

Remember, if you buy it after launch, you keep it.   There are no returns.

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Just pointing out that you can't cancel if you pre-purchased. Anyone who says they have is lying. That key you received is a retail key that activates your account. Retail stores would have to take a $60 hit for you to return it, and are likely to not do it. If by some measure the employee doesn't realize this, you effectively stole $60 from your local store. Congrats, you are now a thief.
  • LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331

I've preorded and plan to play it on the side while I play Tera.  Both games are great, one requires a lot more time and attention while the other is easy to jump in and out just to enjoy.    

Each game has their pros and cons but by playing both you have more choice in your entertainment value, since they offer two different experiences and based on the mood/day I might choose to play GW2 if I just want to explore and get rewarded for exploring.   While other days when I feel like battling "Big Ass Monsters"  ill jump in to Tera and get revenge on a Bam that killed me earlier in the game, and then challenge myself by taking on two at the same time.

Originally posted by Scypheroth

Originally posted by freston

Ooops touchy, arent we? Enjoy Eve.

i once watched a guy play eve...felt liek i was in math class...horrible game

You WATCHED someone play a game and decided it was horrible?

Enjoy Limbo.

Originally posted by ice-vortex

Just pointing out that you can't cancel if you pre-purchased. Anyone who says they have is lying. That key you received is a retail key that activates your account. Retail stores would have to take a $60 hit for you to return it, and are likely to not do it. If by some measure the employee doesn't realize this, you effectively stole $60 from your local store. Congrats, you are now a thief.

Rrrrrreally...

That is news to me; I was not aware of that.  If that's true, that's pretty friggin' lame.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Originally posted by Robsolf

Rrrrrreally...

That is news to me; I was not aware of that.  If that's true, that's pretty friggin' lame.

It's not lame. It's in the writing. That's why it is called pre-purchase and not pre-order.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Originally posted by NaughtyP

Rrrrrreally...

It's not lame. It's in the writing. That's why it is called pre-purchase and not pre-order.

It says it right on the pre-purchase page. Once the beta took place, the codes are 'used'. Not sure how it would work if you bought now and cancelled before the next beta.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Originally posted by Digna

Rrrrrreally...

It says it right on the pre-purchase page. Once the beta took place, the codes are 'used'. Not sure how it would work if you bought now and cancelled before the next beta.

Interesting. So they locked you into the $60 purchase in order to get access to beta, and from what I read on the forums the beta was barely playable for a lot of people. I hope you guys that had a rough time getting in recieve another BWE with a better client.

Pretty shady company practice to do that, IMO. Even Star Wars let you cancel your pre-order right up until Early Access, and their practices were pretty shady as well.

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920
    Not a chance. I played all weekend with little more than a few little annoyances. I feel even better about buying a Collector's Edition now.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by rygard49

Rrrrrreally...

Interesting. So they locked you into the $60 purchase in order to get access to beta, and from what I read on the forums the beta was barely playable for a lot of people. I hope you guys that had a rough time getting in recieve another BWE with a better client.

Pretty shady company practice to do that, IMO. Even Star Wars let you cancel your pre-order right up until Early Access, and their practices were pretty shady as well.

I actually agree with you, they should let people cancel.

I played GW2 and feel like it's a great game, let it stand on its own merits.  Having a "paid beta" and then not allowing people to cancel their preorder just seems like a dirty marketing tactic.  Which is sad because like I said, I think GW2 is awesome and there is seriously no need for these dirty tactics to get money.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Originally posted by Creslin321

Originally posted by rygard49

Rrrrrreally...

I actually agree with you, they should let people cancel.

I played GW2 and feel like it's a great game, let it stand on its own merits.  Having a "paid beta" and then not allowing people to cancel their preorder just seems like a dirty marketing tactic.  Which is sad because like I said, I think GW2 is awesome and there is seriously no need for these dirty tactics to get money.

I don't like pay for beta by any means and I would prefer to let the game stand on its own feet. But this is their strategy to entice people to pay for the game now. This is where consumer choice comes into play. I want to play beta. I signed up for beta. But I did not pre-purchase the game. I understand by not doing so, the chances of me getting into a beta is slim at best.

You either pay now with money to get into beta or pay with time and hope you get into beta later.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.