Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Auction House & Global Play FAQs Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

As we near the release of Diablo III, the team is giving players more information about in-game systems and about specific game play issues. The team has released a pair of FAQs to help players with the Auction House and with the specifics of how players on a global basis can connect with one another.

Read the Global Play FAQ.

Find out more about the Diablo 3 Auction House.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    Holy christ. How many rules to finally cash out? Man, demon slaying and making money isn't as easy as it's supposed to be. But I'm in.
  • fadisfadis Member Posts: 469

Check out the fees!

If you want to sell something and get real cash... Blizzard gets 30%, not including PayPal fees.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Money making at it's finest lol

I'm sure blizzard will have some of they're fans working as hard as them chinese gold farmers

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224

Originally posted by fadis

Check out the fees!

If you want to sell something and get real cash... Blizzard gets 30%, not including PayPal fees.

30% is only for Commodities.  It's 15% + $1 listing fee for Equipment, which generally is going to be the biggest seller, IMO.  And honestly, it just reminds me of some of the textbook websites out there.  For instance, Amazon and Half.com both take 15%+ out of the final selling price.

Don't forget, Diablo III, similar to those websites, aren't subscription based and require income from somewhere.

Either way, you're really getting money for doing almost nothing if you think about it.  You're playing a game to have fun and you get a nice item that you can't use, so you toss it up on the AH.

• chillizchilliz Member UncommonPosts: 96

This sounds wicked.  i can imagine some very smart people actually making alot of money from this.

where does it say blizzard get 30%, not inclpaypal fees?  Ian any case, it bloody sounds wicked, you actually get to earm REAL money playing a game.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

And how is this supposed to stop outside sources from selling items?

Blizzard management has become extremely poor. It's no wonder why this company is cutting jobs

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Originally posted by Kamikazego

Originally posted by fadis

Check out the fees!

30% is only for Commodities.  It's 15% + $1 listing fee for Equipment, which generally is going to be the biggest seller, IMO.  And honestly, it just reminds me of some of the textbook websites out there.  For instance, Amazon and Half.com both take 15%+ out of the final selling price.

Don't forget, Diablo III, similar to those websites, aren't subscription based and require income from somewhere.

Either way, you're really getting money for doing almost nothing if you think about it.  You're playing a game to have fun and you get a nice item that you can't use, so you toss it up on the AH.

What you say is true. However, there is so much more. If you thought asian farming was bad in WoW, wait until you see this game.

Originally posted by mmoDAD

Blizzard management has become extremely poor. It's no wonder why this company is cutting jobs

DO you understand or not?  There is no need to go to chinese sellers, because guess what the players actuarun the economy.  So YOU MAKE MONEY  for actually playing a game, and blizzard makes money.  WTH is the problem?? I swear some peopel  really complain just for the hell of it , JESUS YOU GET TO MAKE MONEY.  YOU can make as little as you want, or im guessing there will probabaly be very smaplayers making alot of sick money.

• sldropsldrop Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by chilliz

DO you understand or not?  There is no need to go to chinese sellers, because guess what the players actuarun the economy.  So YOU MAKE MONEY  for actually playing a game, and blizzard makes money.  WTH is the problem?? I swear some peopel  really complain just for the hell of it , JESUS YOU GET TO MAKE MONEY.  YOU can make as little as you want, or im guessing there will probabaly be very smaplayers making alot of sick money.

lol u forgot u get to lose money too. If someone under cut u by 1 penny and your items not sold  u lsoe 1 dollar for putting the item in Ah. lol 

I don't know y people think they can make money out of this. 

AND there a reason to go to chinese seller ....there is no fee to pay up front  u can list the item as long as you want. You just need to know the right website lol

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Talk about your average legalized scam deal to suck a monthly fee out of a non mmo. I definitely will not  be using the RMAH.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224

Originally posted by sldrop

lol u forgot u get to lose money too. If someone under cut u by 1 penny and your items not sold  u lsoe 1 dollar for putting the item in Ah. lol 

I don't know y people think they can make money out of this. 

AND there a reason to go to chinese seller ....there is no fee to pay up front  u can list the item as long as you want. You just need to know the right website lol

There isn't a $1.00 posting fee... it's a $1.00 transaction fee per item.  Meaning that the item has to be sold (thus incurring what is called a TRANSACTION) in order for you to have to pay the amount.

Originally posted by Mephster

Talk about your average legalized scam deal to suck a monthly fee out of a non mmo. I definitely will not  be using the RMAH.

So wait players making REAL  money from gaming is a bad thing?  I swear peopel whine about crap.  You get to sit on your FAT ARSE playing  a GAME, and making money for your fat arse.  How is that bad?.  Lets be generous and pretend you sell 3 items at $5 a week, after all fare paid, that $60 a month, $720 a year for doing fuuck all, except sitting on your fat arse.  Lets now even be more genrous and half that again because I doubt you will sell everythign a year thats $300+ a year fdoing nothing but sitting at your screen playing a game.  Easy money is easy money.  Or blizzard letting the players control the economy and make money is a bad thing?  yes they make money, BUT SO DO YOU.   

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

So wait players making REAL  money from gaming is a bad thing?  I swear peopel whine about crap.  You get to sit on your FAT ARSE playing  a GAME, and making money for your fat arse.  How is that bad?.  Lets be generous and pretend you sell 3 items at $5 a week, after all fare paid, that $60 a month, $720 a year for doing fuuck all, except sitting on your fat arse.  Lets now even be more genrous and half that again because I doubt you will sell everythign a year thats $300+ a year fdoing nothing but sitting at your screen playing a game.  Easy money is easy money.  Or blizzard letting the players control the economy and make money is a bad thing?  yes they make money, BUT SO DO YOU.   

3 items per weeks..... $156 in transaction fees, and after the 15% in fees for transfering the money....... $479.40

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Blizzard is going to make such a ridiculous amount of money off this...

And I'd inferno is anywhere near as hard as they claim, so will some individuals selling the top difficulty gear.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Originally posted by Mephster

People whined and complained when Flagship was charing a monthly fee to access extra content. How is his any different from what Flagship was offering ?  There is no difference whatsoever except now some are going to forgive Blizzard because it is a Diablo franchise game. Mind boggling at best ....

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• ShattenShatten Member UncommonPosts: 40
    so is the tax include in the 15%?
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    I'm waiting for the anti-capitalist Occupy Blizzard crowds to storm D3. If they get eaten by demons that would just be too too too bad.
  • EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

Lets say: Put x for sale for y.

I want to relaxing receive that cash in my bank account so..

15% tax + 15% to send the cash to PayPal and then around 4% tax to send it to my bank account.

Total + - 34% on comodities/materials/jewels or $1+19% for equipment.

Lets say you sell an item for 10€ -> around 6€ profit and 4€ going to BLizzard.

Odds aint bad.. and i think removing the fee was a good idea by Blizz. Max of 10 auction is a bit short tho.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173
    I wonder how Blizz will handle the taxation aspect; you can bet yer bum that the IRS will want a piece of the action when people start making real money from pixels.
  • UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Heh, you still don't see it do you?  You're little mom and pop operation is going be competing head on with the chinese farming megcorps who are NOW legitimately part of the economy.  Blizzard saw to that.  Who do you think will command the market now -- you with your couple of hours a night or the warehouse full of drones, being paid a pittance to farm until their eyes bleed?  Good luck going up against digital Wal Mart.

In this scerario, only the player can lose and the house (Blizzard) can only win.

And yeah, we told you so.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

Originally posted by Unlight

In this scerario, only the player can lose and the house (Blizzard) can only win.

And yeah, we told you so.

What does the player "lose"? Please elaborate.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Why are ppl so obsessed  with TAX? is this an American thing? you sell something on ebay do you worry about the tax man? Way back in the good times (mid 90's) I made and sold Amiga shareware games, made maybe a few hundered pounds in a good month - tax never entered my mind and still doesn't when I sell odds and ends on ebay, or do the odd short term coding job on the side for a few hundred.

Besides anyone thinking they're get rich off this is fooling themselves, it will takes months before the high price ultrarare items establish themselves as that.  Enjoy the game that is all.

But RMAH is the ultimate player driven economeny if an item is never put up for sale on the RMHA then that item will never appear on the RMAH to be bought, and once it is bought then it's gone from the RMHA, which puts to bed the P2W issue.

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

Such a terrible system. I was on the fence but now definitely wont be purchasing Diablo 3.

Basically if I want to play with my American friends, being from England myself, I get the disadvantage of not being able to access the real money auction house. Not that I was planning to use it from the start, but I shouldnt be penalised either if I ever felt id want to. 

You might as well have not done global play at all, and sold region specific versions, it would have been much better for everyone.

• GudrunixGudrunix Member Posts: 149

What you say is true. However, there is so much more. If you thought asian farming was bad in WoW, wait until you see this game.

I have my doubts about that.

The reality - whether any WoW players want to confess to it or not - is that most of the market for real money for gold was driven by demand from high-level hardcore raiders who couldn't be bothered to farm the gold they needed for gear and consumables for raiding.  Secondarily, players who absolutely had to have the latest vanity items, regardless of the cost (e.g., mounts and pets) were big buyers of gold.

Diablo 3 won't have either of those dynamics.  Without high-end raiding, players won't be under the same kind of social pressure to get geared up by a given date.  Likewise, there aren't super-expensive vanity mounts and pets that cost a mint.

What players who are getting worked up over the real money aspect don't realize is that all of that real money is going to have to come from somewhere.  Who will it be coming from, and why will they be spending it?  Does anyone seriously think anyone is going to shell out $20 just to finish a level 30 set that will be worthless by level 40?  Or for a fancy-looking helm?  I don't underestimate the shallowness of the player base, but first, I don't see any pure vanity items, and second, I don't think that any gear other than maximum-level gear will have any serious worth.  And how many players will be hitting maximum level, and how many will be staying there long enough to want to invest in maximum level items?

My prediction:  real money auction house has plenty of sellers but very few buyers.  Gold auction house has plenty of both and is where much of the action is; and transactions for super-rare and super-valuable items happens on a barter basis outside the auction house.  No guarantees it will turn out that way, but we'll see.

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    inb4 massive account theft scandal from a keylogger in a flash ad resulting in the sale of hunderds of thousands of dollars worth of god tier equipment from compromised characters that blizzard doesn't catch onto until half a year after its occurance.