Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I got to try The Secret World at PAX

124»

Comments

• KeyhKeyh Member Posts: 140

Biggest problem with the animations seems to be that attack/casting animations are only done from the waist up since you can move while attacking. It seems to be disconnected with the rest of your character.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

Originally posted by Searias

Just curious, are animations that bad, because from the videos I have seen they look alright to me, or is it a personal preference?

Well I didn't like the animations that much.  Was kind of underwhelmed, but my whole rating is absolutely personal preference and I have no doubt that what I think will vary from what others feel when they try it out.

Originally posted by mrw0lf

I think he was infereing that his hands on experience of it (what he saw) was 'very limited' not the system itself

This is exactly what I meant. 

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Less random comments, more actual PAX experience please.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Originally posted by Xasapis

Less random comments, more actual PAX experience please.

Just look at youtube. There's plenty of clips that show you what the PAX experience was.

A rather limited hands on :P

• NethriilNethriil Member Posts: 178
    I like the way char look. I believe they look better than gw2 humans. However i do think some of the animations need to improve. Pretty sure they working on this now
  • fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683

OP, nice appraisal of the game.  I use to love cut scenes but now I think they are used to hide a multitude of sins, one being lack of content another being too much repetitive content.  I think these days you want to be playing the game not watching it.  It's a pity you didn't start from the beginning I would have loved to read your appraisal of the opening scene.  In essence there are reasons they didn't start you from the beginning, probably the main one being your review wouldn't be as favorable.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Originally posted by fallenlords

OP, nice appraisal of the game.  I use to love cut scenes but now I think they are used to hide a multitude of sins, one being lack of content another being too much repetitive content.  I think these days you want to be playing the game not watching it.  It's a pity you didn't start from the beginning I would have loved to read your appraisal of the opening scene.  In essence there are reasons they didn't start you from the beginning, probably the main one being your review wouldn't be as favorable.

Well to be fair the opening story is quite long and for the short time you get to play game I'd rather be playing than watching the story :J

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683

Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Well to be fair the opening story is quite long and for the short time you get to play game I'd rather be playing than watching the story :J

The opening part is one of the most dull beginnings to a game I have ever witnessed, suicide rates will probably reach an all time high once people have gone through it.

• KeyhKeyh Member Posts: 140

From the official forums, posted by "Snow", the Lead Designer:

Making animations for over 500 abilities is quite the task, therefore we have to use some placeholder animations on some of the abilities when showing a game still in production. We are working on it, and it will be amazing
  • jamielikesyojamielikesyo Member Posts: 36
    Wondering how exploration is, as the devs had said their are many hidden puzzles and references strewn through the world to investigate. I'll forgive any gameplay quirks if the exploration lives up to the hype.
  • //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

Originally posted by jamielikesyo

Wondering how exploration is, as the devs had said their are many hidden puzzles and references strewn through the world to investigate. I'll forgive any gameplay quirks if the exploration lives up to the hype.

Sort of like datacrons with SWToR, right?

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

Originally posted by //\//\oo

From what I saw.  No.  Nothing like the datacrons from SWToR.

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

Originally posted by jdnyc

Really? Explain how not.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

Originally posted by jdnyc

Really? Explain how not.

I found one of those puzzles.  You had to pay attention to your surroundings to solve it.  

They're not platforming challenges, which is what datacrons are.