Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "stars" system on these forums.

DigitallyEndowedDigitallyEndowed Member Posts: 125

How exactly does it work?

Before I stopped posting some months ago I had 4.5 stars, but now I only have 1; is it based off of how frequently you post or something along those lines?

Just curious really.

Comments

• CuathonCuathon Member Posts: 2,211

Read the FAQ...

How do you calculate my rank?

Ranks are calculated every day at 2:00AM EST.  They are only based on the last 30 days of data.  We look at the following factors when determining your rank:

• How many days you visited the site (and logged in).  This is also counted when you use our "autologin" feature.

• How much information you have posted in our forums (not the amount of posts)

• The quality of your posts.  If you post lot of "filler" posts that only consist of a few words this will cost you rank points.

• Any posts of yours that had to be deleted will cost you 5 rank points (there are only 100 total).  To prevent your posts from being deleted, please obey our Rules of Conduct.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310

It seems to me, based on personal experience as well as the posted experiences of others, it is based on log-in frequency, post frequency, post content and moderation.

I've gained large chunks by posting large numbers of posts over a short timeframe, and lost large chunks by being modded.

Edit: also, there is apparenly an FAQ as well. image

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

I can't remember where I read it now but I beleive it's based on the frequency of your logins and posts. Not only that but the amount that you post is also taken into account. For example, 10 posts saying "I agree" won't do much for you.

Warnings seem to have a detrimental effect and you can lose some of your rating, as with not logging in and posting for a long time.

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

Originally posted by Cuathon

Read the FAQ...

Ranks are calculated every day at 2:00AM EST.  They are only based on the last 30 days of data.  We look at the following factors when determining your rank:

• How many days you visited the site (and logged in).  This is also counted when you use our "autologin" feature.

• The quality of your posts.  If you post lot of "filler" posts that only consist of a few words this will cost you rank points.

• Any posts of yours that had to be deleted will cost you 5 rank points (there are only 100 total).  To prevent your posts from being deleted, please obey our Rules of Conduct.

Oh you're back up to 5 stars... I guess you haven't been given warnings or banned in awhile... 

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• DigitallyEndowedDigitallyEndowed Member Posts: 125
    Cheers.
  • KorgborgKorgborg Member UncommonPosts: 116

Originally posted by Edeus

Originally posted by Cuathon

Read the FAQ...

Oh you're back up to 5 stars... I guess you haven't been given warnings or banned in awhile... 

... And is a warning accompanied by a message to your inbox or is it posted in the respective thread? Never had one :)

If you cut it too short you can always nail a piece on the end.

If you cut it too long then what the hell are you gonna do?

Also...

How do you get  the title of  Carbuncle?

Saw someone with, I think, one star who had it and they had more posts than I.

Might be something to strive for     image

@mod ; Don't be shy, gimme Carbuncle! Now!   image  image

( I have this post saved, will follow this post if they give me Carbuncle or repost if they delete this   LMAO )

Hmmm... I wonder if this qualifies as a quality post...

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I could lower the quality of a post like this?  image

Insult the mods?   Post off topic 27 consecutive times? 28?

List one of mmorpg's fav games ( one they obviously get a lot of ad dollars for )  and say it sucks?  image

Any ideas?  image

Will the MMORPG overlords also be moderating chat inside their new "Overwolf" plugin too? If they are then why exactly would anyone use it?

Just seems the titles and stars are a bit arbitrary, probably just my perception.  image

Great!

I've been promoted from Apprentice to Advanced since I last posted here.

+2 Self-esteem   image

-3 Carbuncle image

What does it take to get Carbuncle around here? image

SWTOR sucks!

That should do it.   image

( and now  Hard Core, what gives?  lmao!     image)