Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow, so After GW2 BWE, what now?

alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163

The game was great aside from a few set backs, for the first few hours I wasen't really digging it until I got really involved in the WVWVW and PvP, gained like 2 levels in WVW, and then went back to questing(exploring). Mobs are hard, a challenge sometimes when you get a few on you..

I can see the PVE not being fantastic but pretty good. 

I will still switch to ARCHEAGE if that ever comes out in NA. 

Now the question is continue to play SW:TOR (2 level 50's), or buy and play TERA while waiting for GW2. Hard choice. 

(-_-)

Comments

• xprezxjfkxprezxjfk Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I'd buy TERA, thats what is going to hold me over until the release of GW2.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    Keep playing SWTOR, no point is spending more money on a game just to end up leaving it for another.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Wait on tsw beta weekend in a week or so, see if that has more to offer than swtor and tera, I probably think it does, but can't see it being better than gw2.
  • kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Wait on tsw beta weekend in a week or so, see if that has more to offer than swtor and tera, I probably think it does, but can't see it being better than gw2.

Even if it is, you just know EA will find some way to completely fuck it all up. I have no faith in EA anymore and refuse to buy anything they're associated with. I wanted to play TSW but not gonna bother.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Thier are a few other MMOs releasing before GW2, Id recommend trying them :)
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Tsw is different to swtor, ea OWN bioware, they're just distribution partner with funcom, like eidos were, and like ea used to be for of all people valve.
  • ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Get Diablo 3. I played the open beta and it was tons of fun. Not even close to GW 2, but still better than anything on the market, including Tera. Also Bastion is on sale right now on Steam for only 6 bucks if you're bored and can't wait 2 weeks for D3.
  • aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67
    In 2 weeks, D3 will keep me busy until GW2 is released.
  • AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Originally posted by punkrock

Keep playing SWTOR, no point is spending more money on a game just to end up leaving it for another.

Are you trying to tell us you've been only playing Ultima Online for the past 15 years?  Or is there maybe a point to spending money on a new game?

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

Using the time to catch up on paper work, house work, real life. After the beta weekend I logged into some other games and within a few minutes of each just couldn't stand them.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

Originally posted by hundejahre

Using the time to catch up on paper work, house work, real life. After the beta weekend I logged into some other games and within a few minutes of each just couldn't stand them.

lol im feel your pain im in the same situation that i migh think on getting mi titles on gw 1 (30 title) im 27/30 for the god title and just thinking on doing somthing meanwhile

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

That's the sunk cost fallacy.

But while we're making fallacious arguments, you're going to quit SWTOR eventually, so you might as well stop paying for it now.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Bah, after the GW2 beta I've dropped my remaining subs and am going to patiently wait for it's release. Maybe keep going a bit in TF2 (if I can stop trying to dodge), but that's about it.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
    Playing Tera, and GW2 next :) I skiped SWTOR, don't really like the world. I prefer magic and swords :)
  • UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640

Originally posted by ShakyMo

worst case would be, if TSW is even better than GW2.

well, not that baaad ;)

i just got another free month for SWTOR and i bought Risen 2 which was released last week, so i will not run out of games soon.

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

Tera is quite fun. Certainly worth 2-3 months of gameplay to stay sharp before GW2.

WoW is old and just horribly dull, and panda crap isn't worth waiting for.

SWTOR is a disaster, and already a dead game, worse failure than Warhammer.

TSW beta weekends might be fantastic fun but won't be enough to keep you busy till GW2 release date.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Uh? Of course there is a point. The point is to have fun in the interim.

I spent money on MANY single players games just to "end up leaving it (after finishing) for another". What is the problem? In fact, who wants to play the SAME GAME forever?