Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wohooo! I lost 2 stars because i said what i think about gw2.

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    haha didnt even realise there was a rating system, as others just thought it was a post count thing...
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I don't know how ratings are applied, I've never seen a spot where I can "rate" other members.  I think it's based on something else entirely.  If liking GW2 got you 5 stars, more people here would have them.
  • VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Originally posted by palulalula

In 2 days i lost 2 stars because i said negative things about GW2. Well thats not democracy :). It was not trolling, i really don't like that game and i write what i think. On this site are so many wow, swtor haters but i never saw any of them loosing stars because of that.

Seriously ?

You do not think you have been trolling the GW2 community ?

Did you purchase Guild Wars 2 ?

If so why ?  I ask because if you look at your posting history, you purchasing GW2 seems a bit anathema to how you posted prior to and after the pre-purchase was available. 

So when I did read one of your most recent posts you talk as if you have played the game, but the only way you could have done that was if you pre-purchased the game.

unless of course you were doing exactly what the moderators gave you a warning for.

Trolling.

So unless you wasted $60.00 for a game you hate, just so you could tell us all how much more you hate it, then the mods had a very good reason to warn you and remove your stars. 

I think its safe to say you probably got a 2 day suspension also, but i cannot prove that.

So umm, if you do not want to be accused of being a troll maybe stop acting like one ?

Regardless, i would hope you could start posting things you dislike about a game with a bit more information instead of just flat out hatred, and opinion.

Lolipops !

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

How it works on this site is the fanbois report you and if enough of them do you get banned.

Funny how the term trolling has now become about saying anything bad, yet people can say the game is amazing without giving any good reason.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

In 2 days i lost 2 stars because i said negative things about GW2. Well thats not democracy :). It was not trolling, i really don't like that game and i write what i think. On this site are so many wow, swtor haters but i never saw any of them loosing stars because of that.

OMFG!  People seriously worry about the STARS they have? Ahahahahahahahahaha....

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I feel like MMORPG.com has become the biased CNN of politics.
  • FargolFargol Member UncommonPosts: 303

Originally posted by Greyhooff

I think it's better when everyone can just express their opinion, however extreme, and people can discuss that opinion freely, and just let the discussion sort it out.

I don't think it's anyone's decision to shut someone down for their opinion, only if they are wrecking the site with spam or advertising or something like that.

People usually don't get warnings or bannings for their opinion.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

I used to worry about star power until I lost one because something I said got someones panties in a bunch and they hit that little report button. Same thing happened first the warning then the loss.

At first I was annoyed by it but then I made it a game of sorts. Now whenever I see something that I know will cause a star loss if I report it I do. Then I come bakc a day later and see if the person i ratted on actually lost a star because of it.

They say that the stars dont really mean anything other than a way to see how active a person is on the site. Well if that's the case then why take them away when the person has to have their wrists slapped? Obviously they mean something to someone.

Well not to me, except I do get half an e-chub when I can get someone to lose one lol.

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036
    Mine seem to hover on the edge between 4 and 5 stars. I'm not entirely sure why.
  • CuathonCuathon Member Posts: 2,211

I am back up to 5 stars for the third time since I came to this site, the first time took like 86 posts. I've been knocked down to barely over 1 star twice, and warned and banned dozens of times. It still takes me a couple weeks tops to get back to 5 stars.

Stars are based on the length of your posts, more or less. And they are also apparently based on the last 30 days. So you can't sit at 5 stars if you are inactive for a few months.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I also thought the number of stars was related to the frequency with which you post. 

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Gain and lose stars here all the time. Not sure of the system they use.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

Originally posted by bartoni33

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I thought stars were based purely on how often you post.  I've never noticed a reputation system.

Their is a "rep" system. You get warned or banned and you lose stars. Trust me I've lost enough stars to fill a galaxy.

Right there with ya. God-forbid folks go against the grain. Ah crap, I'm probably going to lose a star now because I wrote "God."

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by emperorwings

Rating gain and loss is explained in the FAQ.

http://www.mmorpg.com/faq.cfm/showFaq/6/How-do-you-calculate-my-rank.html

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

It all depends how much sand is in a mod's panties. BAM! Another lost star!

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    @scypheroth

"iagree this site is VERy strick on what they says go and if they dont like sumthing banned. e z as that. kinda feels like nazi germany...i have given up on actually supporting the forums and just watch the site for giveaways now..."

Really? It feels like Nazi Germany? Really? Do you have any idea how terrible that comparison is?

I mean...nevermind. I'm not going to explain it to you. Comparing these moderators to the Nazis? REALLY?

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by tixylix

How it works on this site is the fanbois report you and if enough of them do you get banned.

Funny how the term trolling has now become about saying anything bad, yet people can say the game is amazing without giving any good reason.

No, you get banned for making posts that aren't constructive. Case in point, the OP pointed out what he was given a warning for.

If you can't make clear, concise points for why you hate the game other than "omg dis will be da worst game evur, lol flop liek mortal online, bankrupsy 4 arenanet" then don't post at all.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

about this site.........................

Guild Wars 2

General Discussion  » So what edition did you buy?            4/24/12 8:35:33 PM#14

MikeB

MMORPG.com Community Manager

Add Buddy

/ Report

4/24/12 8:35:33 PM#14

CE!

Let's internet

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

it is couse you are right,lol

• NeoZcar2NeoZcar2 Member Posts: 136

Originally posted by Omali

No, you get banned for making posts that aren't constructive. Case in point, the OP pointed out what he was given a warning for.

If you can't make clear, concise points for why you hate the game other than "omg dis will be da worst game evur, lol flop liek mortal online, bankrupsy 4 arenanet" then don't post at all.

+1

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Originally posted by Scypheroth

iagree this site is VERy strick on what they says go and if they dont like sumthing banned. e z as that. kinda feels like nazi germany...i have given up on actually supporting the forums and just watch the site for giveaways now...

9.9/10 :)

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323

Originally posted by Rohn

Rating gain and loss is explained in the FAQ.

http://www.mmorpg.com/faq.cfm/showFaq/6/How-do-you-calculate-my-rank.html

There's an FAQ?

• getonagetona Member UncommonPosts: 98
    was 4.5 stars now 2 star for breaking "nda" that everybody knows~ plus 2 warnings.
  • PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

so what? Why forum stars are important to you? lol

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Well that is what i want to say, do i really need to write  4 pages review to explain why i don't like any game??? You are absolutely right dude :)

This discussion has been closed.