Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera gets better and better

RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147

After levelling a Slayer and Lancer to level 25 each i can safely say i'm blown away by the quality of this game. I was sceptical at the start like many but have been proved wrong. 

The graphics are jaw dropping, the world is huge and immersive. Cities are alive. Also you get thrown into a world that full of people levelling up and chatting. This is what an MMO is all about. Unlike SWTOR there is a huge sense of community.

The combat really does make grinding fun. Its just so much better than the autoattack system which we are all used to. And the animations on the characters really show how much work went into this game.  Its just a joy killing things. And alot of the creatures you kill remind me of creatures from Silent Hill in the 'duskwood' style areas.

Gathering is a joy, instantaneous mounting and looting, great easy to use interface all just adds to the great fun experience.

I can safely say this game won't die for awhile. Its just too dam polished.  

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

Comments

• jokuvaanjokuvaan Member Posts: 43

All it really has over standard mmo's is combat.

Eventually it will get stale too, only question of when.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

/_____ All it has over normal MMO's is combat? So....You haven't actually played TERA then? Get a clue, there's a fair few more features then just good combat which TERA has over standard MMO's.

But yes, TERA does get better and better.

• RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147

Originally posted by jokuvaan

It has better graphics over any other MMO i've played. And as the gameplay is great then jawdropping visuals is a big plus plus. 

Every MMO becomes stale, but for the moment i think Tera's popularity will grow and grow.

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

Originally posted by tachgb

/_____ All it has over normal MMO's is combat? So....You haven't actually played TERA then? Get a clue, there's a fair few more features then just good combat which TERA has over standard MMO's.

But yes, TERA does get better and better.

no all it actually does different is middle screen crosshair wich follows our turning so it has nothing to do with aiming.

everything else is just standard with sweetypie graphics and half naked chicks maybe thats the major reason guys plays it.

like person above this post said it gets stale it will. you need to come up with better endgame than that to win.

cheerio

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

Tera is here to stay for good, I was impressed by it, but I'm not going to play it solely because I cannot afford at the moment. Nor I have time to.

However, I would gladly pay to this game over WoW.

• The_DhampirThe_Dhampir Member UncommonPosts: 62
    I felt like i was playing post-nge SWG again.
  • eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

I have to agree with the OP. This game is fantastic and the more I play the more I like it. I felt bad leaving Rift. I love that game and want to support Trion. How ever it was easy to do because of how much fun I am having in Tera. Next to go maybe SWTOR. I also like that game and love Star Wars but it does not feel like an mmo.

Tera has brought back the fun I had when I entered WOW for the first time. I left WOW about 6 months ago after 7 years and was thinking about returning but after a couple days in Tera I can now say I have no desire to see Azeroth again. I have a feeling Tera will continue to grow over the next months and be one of the top mmos. It will not replace WOW but may dent it a bit. GW2 should be a bit worried. I am not so excited about GW2 anymore. I will be playing it but most of my gaming time will be in Tera. I hope the fun contiues as I level and the game is supported well. Tera is a winner!

• TheDubanat0rTheDubanat0r Member Posts: 76
    Holy Crap does this game get even better once you get to level 20. This is the closest thing N.A.. Will get to a Monster Hunter online type of game. The BAM's Are so god damn fun. This game is a blast to play.
  • invaderzladinvaderzlad Member Posts: 19
    I enjoy TERA so far very much. Environments are stunning, casting and character animations are great, combat is fun and I haven't encountered any bugs so far. Very polished and nicely done game. Will definately keep playing and see how it goes on higher levels.

www.gamersbook.com - Community for Gamers.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    I have to kind of *giggle* at the people that bash this game. "Only thing different is the combat" or "The endgame sucks! It will get old". This game does so much more than any other mmo out right now. For those who say combat is all it has. Combat is what you do MOST of the time in an action MMO. Endgame sucks? Cute. There are maybe a handful of players from NA that made it to endgame in the Korean version of TERA. Considering they made it that far, I doubt they would be spouting out that the game sucks. Something must have drawn them in. My speculation is that these people simply watch a youtube video and make judgements. Probably the dumbest thing you can do as a critic, but hey.. these people do exist. Endgame hasn't been seen in the NA version yet. It's just now been released. Let's also point out that En Masse is constantly working with BHS to get new content added and have already succeeded at that. For those that simply bash the art design of the chics in this game.. if you REALLY REALLY care that much, then no offense, but I wouldn't want you in this game anyway. If you can't look past your own perversion, then please stay away. I have never in anyway looked at any of the characters sexually because they are freaking pixels. If you find it offensive that the characters are drawn that way, then your own brain is problematic, and you should seek therapy.
  • TeekayTeekay Member Posts: 94

[mod edit]

Btw, Tera environments are immersive?  You have no night and day cycles and no weather effects, that immediately makes the whole place static and fake feeling. I really don't kwow why that wasn't implemented, it's pretty much standard stuff for mmos nowadays?

Originally posted by eccoton

GW2 should be a bit worried. I am not so excited about GW2 anymore. I will be playing it but most of my gaming time will be in Tera.

GW2 need not be worried, because they dont share the payment model. And as you stated you *will* be playing it still, and thats all they need to be successful :3

I agree that GW2 will probably be just fine. I don't want to judge or compare the 2 because GW2 hasn't been released yet. However, TERA has a lot of polish and is getting a lot of love.

In regards to Archeage - I honestly hope it is picked up by En Masse as well. Archeage really does seem to be a next-gen mmo, and En Masse has been very impressive as a North American publisher.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Normally in an MMO  I dont make alts,  getting one character through is enough for me.   But Tera is the only RPG mmo where I can see myself easily leveling a few characters.

Leveling up is really easy and doesnt actually feel grindy at all.

But the Pvp is where it shines.   Its fun when someone tries to gank you while your questing and you just dodge their attacks and kill them back, haha.

Pvp is really unpredictable,  your gear and level doesnt mean shit if you cant predict your targets movments and miss all the time.

Same with bosses, you can solo elites and bosses if your carfull enough and patient enough.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

Originally posted by afropuff420

I have to kind of *giggle* at the people that bash this game. "Only thing different is the combat" or "The endgame sucks! It will get old". This game does so much more than any other mmo out right now. For those who say combat is all it has. Combat is what you do MOST of the time in an action MMO. Endgame sucks? Cute. There are maybe a handful of players from NA that made it to endgame in the Korean version of TERA. Considering they made it that far, I doubt they would be spouting out that the game sucks. Something must have drawn them in. My speculation is that these people simply watch a youtube video and make judgements. Probably the dumbest thing you can do as a critic, but hey.. these people do exist. Endgame hasn't been seen in the NA version yet. It's just now been released. Let's also point out that En Masse is constantly working with BHS to get new content added and have already succeeded at that. For those that simply bash the art design of the chics in this game.. if you REALLY REALLY care that much, then no offense, but I wouldn't want you in this game anyway. If you can't look past your own perversion, then please stay away. I have never in anyway looked at any of the characters sexually because they are freaking pixels. If you find it offensive that the characters are drawn that way, then your own brain is problematic, and you should seek therapy.

you can giggle as much as you want but the beauty of all this is that people have different tastes and opinions , maybe you aswell realize that someday when you play enough and few more mmos in a run.

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Originally posted by ichihaifu

Originally posted by eccoton

GW2 should be a bit worried. I am not so excited about GW2 anymore. I will be playing it but most of my gaming time will be in Tera.

GW2 need not be worried, because they dont share the payment model. And as you stated you *will* be playing it still, and thats all they need to be successful :3

I did say a "bit", Tera will not harm GW2 to much but it has to have ncsoft a bit curious because of the warm response from NA audiences. How it will effect me and GW2 is that I will not pre-order now and will wait a few weeks from launch to start. GW2 because of the buy to play will be my second mmo replacing SWTOR. The buzz is out on most of the mmo forums and people over all seem to really like it but only time will tell. The more I play the less interested I am in other mmos for now.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Here's one person (the OP) who's enjoying himself and people will say anything to bring him down.

Can you imagine a world in which we all liked the same things, felt and thought the same?

Originally posted by m0lly

you can giggle as much as you want but the beauty of all this is that people have different tastes and opinions , maybe you aswell realize that someday when you play enough and few more mmos in a run.

Ahh I see your point. However, I have been playing MMOs since Meridian 59 (short lived) and quickly went to UO. I honestly can't count the amount of MMOs i've played in my 15 years of gaming, but you do make 1 valid point. People have different tastes. Which is fine. Where it gets ridiculous is people attempting to slander an mmo with opinions based on youtube videos.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Originally posted by Teekay

[mod edit]

Btw, Tera environments are immersive?  You have no night and day cycles and no weather effects, that immediately makes the whole place static and fake feeling. I really don't kwow why that wasn't implemented, it's pretty much standard stuff for mmos nowadays?

Did you even bother to watch the intro for Tera or read the backstory? Otheriwse you would know why there is no day/night cycle. As far as the  'fake feeling' goes, um what? lol 

Some people will complain no matter what a game has. Instead of complaining about the little stuff, try being more positive and enjoy that overall the game is enjoyable. 

At least Tera's intentions aren't to push out weak,half-baked features like SWTOR or pay-to-win stores like LOTRO & GW2.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Ahh I see your point. However, I have been playing MMOs since Meridian 59 (short lived) and quickly went to UO. I honestly can't count the amount of MMOs i've played in my 15 years of gaming, but you do make 1 valid point. People have different tastes. Which is fine. Where it gets ridiculous is people attempting to slander an mmo with opinions based on youtube videos.

I have no idea why you felt the need to tell us that you have 15 year of gamign experince? it still doesn't make your opinion superior or better because when it comes to MMOS likes and dislikes differ a lot.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by NBlitz

Here's one person (the OP) who's enjoying himself and people will say anything to bring him down.

Can you imagine a world in which we all liked the same things, felt and thought the same?

In all fairness, forums are for PVP and by creating this thread the OP was challenging others to prove his viewpoint as incorrect. (or at least why they disagree with him)

TERA is fun to play for some of us to be sure, but to expect it to appeal to everyone is unrealistic and to declare it as the next great innovation in MMO's isn't fair either. 

I enjoy it for several reasons, the combat model for one (I enjoy combat in MMO's more than anything else) and some of the little things like insta-mounts and some of the scenery.

Will it last forever? No game does, but I'm sure it will keep me busy until my next MMO, likely GW2 or TSW.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Chrome1980

I have no diea why you felt the need to tell us that you have 15 year of gamign experince? it still doesn't make your opinion superior or better because when it comes to MMOS likes and dislikes differ a lot.

If you read he basically stated I need to play more MMOs when that couldn't be further from the truth. I've played so many MMOs that it's almost retarded. I never once stated my opinion was superior to others in anyway. My whole point is saying that people are judging games when they haven't even played them. I don't think it's possible to be more direct than that.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by jokuvaan

Wrong, there is no skill tree. You have to play with crystals and runes

Originally posted by Czanrei

pay-to-win stores like GW2.

I beg to differ, this is NOT the case. It has been stated pretty much everywhere that the store has absolutely nothing that can make you BETTER over others just by paying cash. And no, getting in-game money from the shop is not P2W, especially because money isnt used (as far as I can tell) in the competitive scene (PVP), and majority of the better level rewards are gained by spending karma or PvP currency.

The store only has items that will make the life easier for some people who dont have as much time in their hands and want to reach max level faster in PvE and aesthetic items. 

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by NBlitz

In all fairness, forums are for PVP and by creating this thread the OP was challenging others to prove his viewpoint as incorrect. (or at least why they disagree with him)

TERA is fun to play for some of us to be sure, but to expect it to appeal to everyone is unrealistic and to declare it as the next great innovation in MMO's isn't fair either. 

I enjoy it for several reasons, the combat model for one (I enjoy combat in MMO's more than anything else) and some of the little things like insta-mounts and some of the scenery.

Will it last forever? No game does, but I'm sure it will keep me busy until my next MMO, likely GW2 or TSW.

Forum PvP hehe image

The way I saw it is people know the kind of feedback TERA's getting and they're trying to compensate for that.

But like you said, forum PvP. We always end up arguing about the same things as before.