Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wohooo! I lost 2 stars because i said what i think about gw2.

palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
In 2 days i lost 2 stars because i said negative things about GW2. Well thats not democracy :). It was not trolling, i really don't like that game and i write what i think. On this site are so many wow, swtor haters but i never saw any of them loosing stars because of that.

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    I thought stars were based purely on how often you post.  I've never noticed a reputation system.
  • palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I thought stars were based purely on how often you post.  I've never noticed a reputation system.

No, i got first warning and now i lost 2 stars over night

• mrhyde1428mrhyde1428 Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by palulalula

That's funny, not that you lost two stars, but because I lost half a star defending GW2 by pointing out someone who created a thread to troll the GW2 subforum lol

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Their is a "rep" system. You get warned or banned and you lose stars. Trust me I've lost enough stars to fill a galaxy.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

In 2 days i lost 2 stars because i said negative things about GW2. Well thats not democracy :). It was not trolling, i really don't like that game and i write what i think. On this site are so many wow, swtor haters but i never saw any of them loosing stars because of that.

This is a private website, not a democracy, so I don't even know what that line is suppose to mean.

And who gives a rats a$$ about stars?

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

"+10, copy paste  Warhammer.  Same gameplay same destiny, worst disaster in history of gaming"

I guess that's one of the posts that cost you your stars? You might have gone overboard with the second sentence.

Originally posted by mrhyde1428

That's funny, not that you lost two stars, but because I lost half a star defending GW2 by pointing out someone who created a thread to troll the GW2 subforum lol

NEVER call out a troll! NEVAR! Trolls are the people that bring the most to MMORPG.com's table. Without them this site would be nothing.

True story. I could fill a planatarium with the stars lost from calling out obvious trolls.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

I find that HILARIOUS, mostly likely because of this thread you'll lose the rest of your stars, you may even be suspended lol

I'm too sleepy to check myself but am I right in assuming you didn't express your dissatisfaction in a contructive manner? Not that you should.

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

Originally posted by bartoni33

Originally posted by mrhyde1428

NEVER call out a troll! NEVAR! Trolls are the people that bring the most to MMORPG.com's table. Without them this site would be nothing.

True story. I could fill a planatarium with the stars lost from calling out obvious trolls.

BTW I really like your quote lol

• AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468
    just want to see my stars....

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.

Originally posted by Anzie

Or lack thereof!

You either need to post more often or get banned less.

Originally posted by Anzie

Well, you are the champ :)

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

1st rule of mmorpg.com club: Don't talk about moderation publicly but reply to the moderator and ask for a re-evaluation if you think there's good reason for it.

p.s. Being overly negative in your wording without substantial examples to back it up will be regarded as trolling/flaming, whether you are roasting a game, player, developer or someone's dog.

"It's not what you say but how you say it."

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Who cares about star count? lol

Originally posted by DarkPony

1st rule of mmorpg.com club: Don't talk about moderation publicly but reply to the moderator and ask for a re-evaluation if you think there's good reason for it.

p.s. Being overly negative in your wording without substantial examples to back it up will be regarded as trolling/flaming, whether you are roasting a game, player, developer or someone's dog.

QFT

Also I'm glad you caught your typo in your ongoing awesome line of sigs Mr. Pony. Thought you might be slipping. But alas it's too early to render you into glue!

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by bartoni33

QFT

Also I'm glad you caught your typo in your ongoing awesome line of sigs Mr. Pony. Thought you might be slipping. But alas it's too early to render you into glue!

Hehe :)

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Exactly! This is MMORPG.COM, this place is more sugarcoated than Louie Anderson's Tombstone!

Originally posted by Monorojo

You are right, i give up and surrender to the iron fist of dictatorship

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

[mod edit]

I'll grant you, that's kind of lame, but the mods can do what they see fit, it's not worth getting worked up about- it's a post on a website, not your kid or your dog. Learn to let the things that don't really matter go and you will live a longer happier life (provided a bus doesn't hit you or something).

On the plus side, my wife and I both loved the beta weekend and think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Which, by the way, you can buy from various karma merchants.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

Yeah, I dunno why sometimes people seem to lose stars or gain stars when attacking/defending their positions. The star system doesn't work very well. I have noticed people with 1 star making more sense than people with 5 so... I think Monorojo is onto something...

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

So If you come into my house and act like a dickhead I dont have the right to tell you to get out?

Your lucky they just took stars away, if it was me it would have been your immediate family and next of kin, maybe even your firstborn if I had time in between watching 30 rock and masterbating.

BTW ill probably lose stars for this and get banned and ive been on this site for years and do I care? Nopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Seriously though, you signed up on the site and accepted their terms of agreement, as much as I agree its kinda lame I can COMPLETELY understand why this went down, stop complaing man.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I've received around 4 or 5 warnings since I've been on this site, and I was temporarily banned once.  I frequent tons of online forums, and I've never been warned or banned on any of them.  A lot of heated discussion or blunt honesty is considered trolling or flaming by the moderators.  I wouldn't let that discourage you though.  Sometimes offending someone actually does them some good.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

I think it's better when everyone can just express their opinion, however extreme, and people can discuss that opinion freely, and just let the discussion sort it out.

I don't think it's anyone's decision to shut someone down for their opinion, only if they are wrecking the site with spam or advertising or something like that.

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

Exactly. It's not like have more stars gets you any bennies, like say, free game time or anyting. Perhaps if there were an incentive, I'd care.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I wonder what the rules over on GW2G was. Lol

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

This discussion has been closed.