Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you are canceling your pre-orders?

Comments

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by wrightstuf

Originally posted by Games888

yes I am canceling Swtor and Tera and TSW, wait never mind I dont even play those carebear games.

I'm with ya on the 1st two. I might play a bit of Tera though prob till D3 comes out, as i'm subbbed till the end of the month...TSW on the other hand, is way up on my high hopes meter....def hangin for it

As for GW2, thats the no brainer of the year....prob in the top 3 MMOs of all time i thoroughly enjoy, and at this point its free!

Good luck with that. Funcom has such a great reputation for successful launches!

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

It absolutely exceeded my expectations. On paper this game is so far from my personal 'Dream MMO', but after playing it I'm probably going to have to reconsider what qualities I'm really after in an MMO. They seem to have thought of everything, we were continually impressed with the positive impact seemingly minor details had. 

It took awhile to get used to the idea of not dreading the sight of other random people in the world after all the years of conditioning. It was such a nice change to see that, on every level of play, other people being around is desirable rather than an inconvenience.

This is the first time in a long time that I wasn't disappointed after actually trying a game. Even if this game ends up only entertaining me for a few months (which seems unlikely, I think I'm addicted), the impact this game will have on how future games are made is undeniable - they've found elegant answers to so many long standing MMO problems. 

Excellent fun, we're very excited for the next event.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

I didn't pre-order, I pre-purchased, but I answered the poll as I won't cancel.  Not because I can't cancel my pre-purchase, but because there's no way in hell I want to.  Even considering the issues I had with getting the game to work on my wife's laptop (graphics wouldn't display right = game unplayable), I haven't had that much fun in a game in a long time, maybe ever.  In one weekend, I broke my addiction to Skyrim.  That's unfortunate because I can't just play GW2 at will.  :(  Now I'll have to fall of the Skyrim wagon just to hop back on when GW2 comes out.  lol

Anyway, I found the game to be just awesome.  The DE's were great, WvWvW is nothing short of amazing IMO, and it was just overall really fun.  And that's with a game that's still in beta!

To those who didn't like it.  Sorry to hear that.  I hope you find what you're looking for.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

There seems to be some misconseption that you can't cancel prepurchase, consumers are protected and can request a refund as your statuary rights are protected.  Secondly you did not purchase the Beta key, in no terms was it stated you were buying Beta access.

Thirdly you still have not recieved the product as the product is still in an unfinished state and that will still apply 14 days after you recieve the product and it has not been opened. (doesnt apply to digital).  If you Purchased a Digital product you can charge back through your bank, if you bought with your credit card you have protection from online sales. 

I'm aware that different countries have varied laws when it comes to consumer rights, but its up to you to read up and check what you can and cannot do.

• mrhyde1428mrhyde1428 Member Posts: 57

Why would anyone cancel their pre-order after this beta?  You'd have to pre-purchase (not pre-ordered) to have had a guaranteed spot in the beta.  And for all those who prepurchased, they've already paid in full so cancelling would be pointless. 

This thread seems just like another one trying to flame GW2.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Originally posted by mrhyde1428

Why would anyone cancel their pre-order after this beta?  You'd have to pre-purchase (not pre-ordered) to have had a guaranteed spot in the beta.  And for all those who prepurchased, they've already paid in full so cancelling would be pointless. 

Because there is a minority of people that prepurchased and wish they hadnt because they didnt like what they experienced, so they would like to cancel and get their money back.  So why would it be pointless?

Just for your information as you are making assumptions, I prepurchased, I enjoyed the game and thought it was great.

• Thoth-AmonThoth-Amon Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by GamerFun

Already canceled, played the beta. HUGE DISSAPPOINTEMNT. Dull and stail just like the rest of the MMO's made these days.

pretty much this. that and the p2win nature of the game. it has all the depth of a facebook game.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    havent viewed this thread in awhile. how many cancellations we up to now? eight? :p
  • Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Yes many pre purchased to get the guaranteed beta spot. They didn't like what they saw and would like to get their money back. Nothing surprising or un believable about it. Heappens all the time with new MMOS.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

havent viewed this thread in awhile. how many cancellations we up to now? eight? :p

I don't think everyone is going to announce it even if they want to cancel or get their money back.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

... and basically all from people who people TOLD them, time and time again...

'This game probably isn't for you.  Go play the kind of game you want'.

So, basically batting a thousand for GW2 fans? :D  It's not like anybody is 'Oh, I hate all the GW2 systems but suddenly I miraculously love it after the beta', it's more 'Didn't like what GW2 offered, but I prepurchased because crazy.  Cancelled it!'

Well, good for them.  Shouldn't play a game you're not going to enjoy.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Originally posted by Chrome1980

I don't think everyone is going to announce it even if they want to cancel or get their money back.

true, just like not everyone that plans on playing are here saying so

i'm just pokin fun at this pointless thread

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Woopin

I pre-orderd since playing beta :)

Poll is Biased anyhow more -'s for GW2 than +'s

Then it's working as intended ;)

But, no, didn't cancel. In fact, 3 of my friends have commited to purchasing after seeing the game running.

GW2 is a lot of fuin :)

• goldiewilsongoldiewilson Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by Charlizzard

Oh boy, this thread is going to turn out so well.

And out of curiosity OP, since you're clearly a fan of SWTOR, why did you make this post?

Like I said before the last post on the SWTOR forums was yesterday, their too busy trolling the GW2 forums to concentrate on their own game.

• mrhyde1428mrhyde1428 Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by biggarfoot

Because there is a minority of people that prepurchased and wish they hadnt because they didnt like what they experienced, so they would like to cancel and get their money back.  So why would it be pointless?

Just for your information as you are making assumptions, I prepurchased, I enjoyed the game and thought it was great.

Originally posted by Chrome1980

Yes many pre purchased to get the guaranteed beta spot. They didn't like what they saw and would like to get their money back. Nothing surprising or un believable about it. Heappens all the time with new MMOS.

My point was the first line in my post, which is what the op was asking "How many who pre-ordered are going to cancel?"  If you pre-ordered, you wouldn't had been in the beta unless you were selected for beta in the original beta sign-up.  So how would the beta make any impact on a decision to cancel for all those who pre-ordered (not to be confused with pre-purchased?)

I wasn't trying to make any assumptions toward those who pre-purchased, my appologies.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    rllly enjoyed the beta and cant wait for the game..im not gonna cancel it 4 sure
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Considering they had to stop selling prepurchases prior to the beta (they had reached their maximum quota of player for the BWE) and that ONLY  a prepurchase guaranteed you access to the beta, im hightly suspicious of posts that claim that made it to the BWE with a preorder. I dont say its impossible, just highly unlikely, like winning the lottery.

All the posts that ive readen of people that claim having gained entry to past BWE without having purchased the game have been negative so far.

Even more suspicious are the posts that claim "i played the BWE with my cousins beta key" or something like that. You dont play an mmo with you cousins beta key unless you are no older than 14. Thats a well known law of physics.

• azzacope96azzacope96 Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by -Zeno-

Just curious to see if anyone is canceling their pre-order after this last beta event.

The thing to remember here is that this is a BETA! it was a chance to test out the servers, staff to get experience, CS to get experience and a learning curve for Anet to make sure they get it right on release. also to wet our tastebuds and give us a chance to play after all this time which is excellent. so remember that was not the finished product.

thanks

azza

• SnikzSnikz Member UncommonPosts: 120

I havent played it so i cant really say  how it is. But i want be pre-ordrering Gw2 until release, so i can get a much better picture of how it is..

TSW on the other hand, i alrdy pre-ordered :P Horror here i come :)

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Not bad :)

No I did not cancel - 63.9%

• bumuscheekusbumuscheekus Member Posts: 214
    Pre-bought but glad I did. It's an outstanding game. Sure I'd been looking for something fresh and completely different after the last ten years of 3rd person, hotbar bashing MMOs and it's not a wildly new format. However, it does enough things new and has that touch of beauty, care and attention put into. No game is ever  likely to completely satisfy one person's needs (a lot of self-entitled solopsists on these forums forget that) but this game ticks enough of my boxes to be worth a fair stab.
  • NightvergeNightverge Member Posts: 211

I highly doubt you were just curious about this but I have my suspicions that you were hoping for a particular outcome.

Ironically only like 3% as of now are going to cancel their preorder. More than half have chosen answer B. To keep their preorder. Which pretty much proves all of those people wrong who were spreading lies that the game has not been well recieved.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

lol, this didnt turn out like he wanted it to ^^

Well - you also forgot the option most of us would have voted on:

(x) i told every living soul in my area to preorder asap as GW2 is definitly the new big shit and i bought copies for the unwilling ^^

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    We can cancel our pre-orders?  How?
  • MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Well using this poll as a indicator...Already 11% of the potential fanbase will be passing on GW2 and we have only experienced the first beta weekend. You can expect the retention rate to continue to dip the closer and closer we get to release, then take a huge nose dive a month or two after release.