Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dominus: Production Ceases

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

PitchBlack Games has announced that development on Dominus has officially reached its end. The announcement came via the game's Facebook page.

It is with a heavy heart that I have to say goodbye, or at least goodbye for now. We simply cannot deliver the game you deserve with the resources we have. We never quit trying, even when hope faded, because you - our community - kept us inspired.

There is a market for a game like this one. Thank you for proving it. I hope to see you again.

The forum is being switched to read-only, effective immediately. I have permission to keep the Facebook page open long enough for goodbyes, and I will hang out here (as a volunteer, not an employee) for a few days.

I am so sorry, you guys :(

Make your comments on the Dominus FB page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Wow, I really didn't expect this. It looked like a great game too. That's sad to hear.
  • kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    Should have kickstartered it!
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    With as much as they had done in the game, they could have likely gotten away with launching in the state it was in.  I guess it shows that they'd rather not put anything out than a quality product and that speaks well of their character.. but all that hard work culminating into nothing is tough...  I'm sad to hear it.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Maybe someone will buy their work and continue.
  • AryasAryas Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 337

Gutted; I was looking forward to this one immensely.

Why is it the decent games seem to get canned yet there is friggin' tons of shite coming out daily?

Playing: Ableton Live 8
    ~ ragequitcancelsubdeletegamesmashcomputerkillself ~

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    But why?

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512
    After seeing the videos for this game and the videos for Planetside2 I can see why they threw in the towel.
  • VeldaraVeldara Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Hope they all find work soon.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

(STUNNED SILENCE) and sadness.

• zengorillazengorilla Member Posts: 5
    Wow, that sucks I thought they were close to release already, I guess they weren't and this was probably the only beacon of hope in the mmo verse. :(
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    at least i got tera : (
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    good thing is they didnt try to release an unfinished product that clearly wasnt ready at all
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Not particularly shocking considering all the sci-fi competition they are up against, coming out soon as well. Still always sad to see a game die before it even hits the shelves. I would like to see someone pick up the production on it again. I had no interest in the game, but all the work that went into it just stopping suddenly seems like such a huge waste :- Got to be some way to salvage that effort.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by Veldara

Hope they all find work soon.

They were a small but dedicated team... fairly talented too,  they will make it.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Sad to hear this news, :(
  • talonkuntalonkun Member Posts: 13
    I was actually in the beta. It was only a server stressed test beta so we saw no mobs, no npc, no items, no nothing. All I can say was, even with the graphics and control it had, the mechanic was clearly not smoothly enough. I'm sad for all the people that worked on the project but clearly this was going to fail if it had launched. At least they had the sensibility and courage to admit when they see a dead horse, instead of being stubborn, releasing the game and wasting even more millions on it. Trust me, you would NOT pay sub to play this game. I'm not even sure you would even play it if it was free.
  • mmoseller888mmoseller888 Member Posts: 30
     I was in stress beta and it was aweful guess they realize how bad their game is compare to gw2 beta after the weekend lol.
  • pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481
    I'm impressed that they chose to trash can the game instead of release another unfinished game into the world. For that, they have my respect.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• JonathJCenJonathJCen Member UncommonPosts: 202
    This one looked interesting to me, too. Mixed feelings on the idea of another company picking it up though; it's hard for someone else to meet the expectations of the original fanbase in staying true to the original vision. Seen that one happen with STO (not that it's a bad game, it's just not what the original concept made it out to be).
  • ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    There is so much crap churned out that it makes me sad to see this happen to a group of people who really wanted to make something special. I hope they are all able to find work soon.
  • corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

other than the 3 faction PVP....

what features did this game have that people were looking forward to?

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462

This is terrible news.  Still...after my recent Perpetuum debacle, perhaps it's for the best.  Better that it gets picked up somewhere else and given the resorces that the game needs.

Good luck Sonya!  

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by mmoseller888

I was in stress beta and it was aweful guess they realize how bad their game is compare to gw2 beta after the weekend lol.

To read such a comment realy makes me mad. What a ignorant brat!

Anyway Im realy sad to hear that. Been in Beta since the start and they made huge Progress. Its such a shame it din't work out the way it should have.

Hope PBG all the best! 

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

GOOD!

its fourm members were complete assholes.      Serves em right

It..Burns..

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    RIP. I remember when project wish went down after so much hope. Bleh.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.